Age of Ultron The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by the Cap 2 trailer...SHIELD is gonna be in bad shape by time A2 hits...at least I don't see them and the Avengers being friendly

Eh? I don't see how Jocasta is goofy but vision and Ultron aren't. Unless you're talking about the robosexual marriage of her and Pym. I suppose that's fair
And Vision's marriage to Wanda isn't?
Um, yup. Both. Especially the former though. I just find the whole "I created me a robot wife modeled on my conceptual mother" thing to be quite goofy.

Judging by the Cap 2 trailer...SHIELD is gonna be in bad shape by time A2 hits...at least I don't see them and the Avengers being friendly
Yea, after constantly hinting at the Helicarrier going down, they finally went and did it! :)

yeah, I'm sure they'll still be friendly with Nick Fury, but I'm betting they won't be hangin out on any helicarriers next time
kinda cool too, cuz it lets Fury play the man behind the scenes role he has in the comics most of the time, the guy who shows up with the last minute save

For all the insistence of Spidey in the Avengers ...... more specifically the Oscorp Tower appearing. These are Feige's own words:

There were rumors that the Oscorp tower nearly made it in The Avengers last year. Is that true?
"It’s something we talked about very, very shortly. It became a point of interest in the press, which I understand. The deal was never close to happen."

Did they ever officially confirm the casting of QS/SW ?

What's are your opinions on whether Ultron, QS & SW are the only villains in Avengers 2.

Any chance we'll see any other underlings or supervillains in the movie?

Cap 2 has Batroc, Crossbones, Zola, and Winter Soldier----Can A: AoU only have 3?

Did they ever officially confirm the casting of QS/SW ?

What's are your opinions on whether Ultron, QS & SW are the only villains in Avengers 2.

Any chance we'll see any other underlings or supervillains in the movie?

Cap 2 has Batroc, Crossbones, Zola, and Winter Soldier----Can A: AoU only have 3?

QS and SW will probably start off on the side of bad, but will eventually join the Avengers.

And I think the Avengers will be facing an army of Ultrons.

QS and SW will probably start off on the side of bad, but will eventually join the Avengers.

I'm not sure I'd like an army of Ultrons. First of all, they would seem like potential cannon fodder. And secondly, it just seemed like overkill when there was an army of Iron Man armours in IM3. It just became very messy and too frenetic. I hated the idea of Stark jumping from one armour to another and how they all seemed to fall apart easily. And thirdly, having an army of Ultrons might make him less personal as a villain compared to a single one.

I know QS/SW will start out 'evil' that's why I said--- "will the movie only have 3 villains?"

As for an army of Ultrons---for the love of god I hope you are joking or wrong.

We don't need an army of aliens, extremis soldiers or Ultrons----we need actual super-villains as adversaries!!

More Kevin Feige answers from his interview with French magazine Reviewer

Is Ultron gonna be an Artificial intelligence that Tony Stark built?
"We are adapting his origins from the comics, and in the comics it was Hank Pym. Hank Pym is not in Age of Ultron, so we are tweaking it. We do think there’s another character we have that is quite good with AI, so smart people can make assumption which I can not confirm or deny (He smiles while saying this)."

I'm not sure I'd like an army of Ultrons. First of all, they would seem like potential cannon fodder. And secondly, it just seemed like overkill when there was an army of Iron Man armours in IM3. It just became very messy and too frenetic. I hated the idea of Stark jumping from one armour to another and how they all seemed to fall apart easily. And thirdly, having an army of Ultrons might make him less personal as a villain compared to a single one.

Well, unless Ultron is as powerful as Thanos, he's going to need a few henchmen. It could end up being Vision. I don't think Loki will return and I don't see Jocasta being made.

However if Vision is not in going to be in the movie and Loki doesn't return and the villains from Cap 2 are not going to be used, who's going to be Ultron's henchmen?

not to mention an army of Hammer armors in IM2.

oh and that quote from Feige seems like confirmation that Tony will be directly involved. Still speculation so it aint a spoiler.

Well, unless Ultron is as powerful as Thanos, he's going to need a few henchmen. It could end up being Vision. I don't think Loki will return and I don't see Jocasta being made.

However if Vision is not in going to be in the movie and Loki doesn't return and the villains from Cap 2 are not going to be used, who's going to be Ultron's henchmen?

Ultron makes other robots and clone bodies

Stark fights a guy in an iron suit in 1 and 2 and an army of robots in 2 and and army of suits are in IM3 and the destroyer is a robot and the master plan for A:AoU is to have an android with an army of robots?

I hope not.

Fine if they use vision---that would be great, but if they go down the road of an army of robots.............

Heck the aliens in Avengers looked all robotic in their armor. I wonder if a group of non generic super villains is beyond their already huge budget?

i think an army of ultrons might be a given, after all.... for a team superhero film, every villain is going to need some sort fo an army. It's really hard to shoot a movie where it seems incredibly hard for a team of heroes to simply take on one villain... only one to slightly get that right was Fantastic Four.. and even then, it was more like watching them follow a step by step how to guide.

Magneto - has his brotherhood
Shaw - had his Hellfire Club
Loki - had the Chitari

team films just need to have grunts for the heroes to look cool bashing

i wish that he'd take control over an army of S.H.I.E.L.D LMDs; just to mentally toy with the Avengers (forcing them to attack something that looks human).

http://screenrant.com/avengers-3-thanos-infinity-gauntlet-war-stones-phase-two-three/

Given that The Avengers 2 will be about the earth-bound threat of Ultron, I asked Feige straight up if clues like the Tesseract and Loki’s mind-control scepter in The Avengers – or the recent revelation that Thor 2 villain Malekith the Dark Elf is chasing “The Aether,” another god-like power - are leading us to an Avengers 3 scenario where Thanos takes hold of the dreaded Infinity Gauntlet (last seen in Odin’s vault in Thor) and essentially achieves that godhood. Feige’s response:

i wish that he'd take control over an army of S.H.I.E.L.D LMDs; just to mentally toy with the Avengers (forcing them to attack something that looks human).

I suppose. In the long run that's an army of robots, but at least they wouldn't be overtly robotic and maybe even simulate super powers.

This topic also calls into question what henchmen Thanos may employ. I'm sure he has several species enslaved to his will, so we don't need to have a repeat of the Chitauri. Maybe instead of grunts he actually has disciples, so that way there's no army to battle, but there are substantial minions (or mini-bosses) to make things difficult for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"