The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 - Part 7

Discussion in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' started by Thread Manager, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamma Goliath

Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

Not to our knowledge. And I doubt it.

2. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

Every non-IM solo movie is an effort to have the MCU stand on its own legs without RDJ's involvement. We already know that he's not signed up for an IM4 in Phase 3, so the daring plan is already in effect. Judging by the numbers for Thor so far (and the projections for US openings), it's off to a good start.

3. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread [split]467967[/split]

4. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014 Champion

Avengers wasn't Iron Man and His Amazing friends. Avengers was a very well rounded film. I think giving Stark a reason to doubt himself and question whether or not he himself is a monster (like his creation) is VERY compelling character writing. Much better than a cheap cliffhanger where he is "dead" but we all know he isn't "dead." Stark sees himself as a changed man, but would Ultron's destruction make him think he is still the weapons manufacturing monster? Much better story arc.

Cap's had many great storylines over the years. While the comic storyline of the serum killing Steve Rogers and making weak was poorly executed, on film that might make an interesting 3rd film. Winter Soldier's trailer indicates possibly using elements of Cap being an enemy of the state, so that probably is out. You can use many of Mark Waid's stories from his Cap run instead. Cap has a lot of untapped potential without going with Fallen Son/Return of Steve Rogers this early.

Agreed, and it is primarily why I think killing Stark is a bad idea. If someone were to "die" I think Thor or Cap would work better (but I'm not really for either of them "dying" either). At least Thor could find a way out of Hela's realm or whatever in a 3rd film. I think Bucky Cap is a bad idea, but it could happen. But, as I noted earlier, I think better Thor/Cap 3 films are out there, than making ones that deal with a cheap cliffhanger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.