Sequels The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spidey will go to Marvel never. Sony are actually making Spider-Man movies. Fox are just saying "We have people writing scripts"

I'm going to have to disagree. I think its much more likely that FF will be allowed to revert than Spider-man. The only way Sony is letting that license go, is if Amazing Spider-man bombs or Sony leaves the movie business entirely.

Kevin Feige: "A sequel is anticipated in 3 years, starting from now!"
Source: Collider.com

MV5BMTQ2MTk5MTYyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTAyODg2Mw@@._V1._SX640_SY592_.jpg

Spider-Man and X-men will never ever go back to Marvel. I suppose it isn't impossible if marvel convinces Disney to 1. shell out the unbelievable money it will take to buy the rights back and 2. guarantee that they will make those two franchises bigger than they ever were with their respective companies. Neither of which will ever happen, imho.

I agree with X-Men. Spider-man, there's the small but present chance Sony might leave the movie business, which would give Marvel their chance. I do agree, its very unlikely.

Agreed. There is absolutely no reason for anybody to try and banish Hulk to another planet. Not when he's gaining control over his situation, and able to keep it relatively safe.

Also, I'd rather not see Dr Strange as part of the Avengers. Let him be his own thing. Besides, what business would he even have their if they are fighting someone like Ultron?

Planet Hulk should take place in a purely Hulk movie, and it should come about because of a villain, like the Leader, sending the Hulk into space. We don't need to **** all over the other heroes in the MCU to make a Planet Hulk movie work.

But yeah, while I'd like to see Planet Hulk, I can live without World War Hulk (And by "live" I mean "I don't ever want to see World War Hulk").

Planet Hulk should take place in a purely Hulk movie, and it should come about because of a villain, like the Leader, sending the Hulk into space. We don't need to **** all over the other heroes in the MCU to make a Planet Hulk movie work.

But yeah, while I'd like to see Planet Hulk, I can live without World War Hulk (And by "live" I mean "I don't ever want to see World War Hulk").

I enjoyed both planet hulk and wwHulk.. but i don't think it is a necessity for a hulk run of movies.

I'd love to see a no holds barred hulk show on one of the big networks like hbo or showtime or starz or whatever... Not that it has to be ridiculously gory and crazy, but when it had to go there..we could get real Hulk Smash.

Agreed on all counts :word:

Thanos will be a main villain in the avengers 2 as after the first bit of credits of the new Avengers film it pans across a scene of space and then across to the side of someones head (who looks like hellboy or red skull etc.) but he then turns his head revealing that its thanos, indicating that he will appear as a main role in the next movie.

However not many people have noticed this as its a few minutes into the credits and most people wouldve left the cinema before then.

To be honest my first thoughts were that it was hell boy but after having a think about it it deffinately looked more like thanos. but then again it could be red skull since he was in captain america, but the guy deffinately looked more like thanos which will be good because theyre bringing new enimies into the film series because in The Avengers the main enemy is (spoiler alert) loki which was a bit of a letdown as hes in a lot of avenger films.

Ps. i have actually seen the film so im not actually making all this up :) hope this helps.

Thanos will be a main villain in the avengers 2 as after the first bit of credits of the new Avengers film it pans across a scene of space and then across to the side of someones head (who looks like hellboy or red skull etc.) but he then turns his head revealing that its thanos, indicating that he will appear as a main role in the next movie.

However not many people have noticed this as its a few minutes into the credits and most people wouldve left the cinema before then.

To be honest my first thoughts were that it was hell boy but after having a think about it it deffinately looked more like thanos. but then again it could be red skull since he was in captain america, but the guy deffinately looked more like thanos which will be good because theyre bringing new enimies into the film series because in The Avengers the main enemy is (spoiler alert) loki which was a bit of a letdown as hes in a lot of avenger films.

Ps. i have actually seen the film so im not actually making all this up :) hope this helps.

Welcome first off,

I haven't seen the film yet but I know about
Thanos

It may seem since it's after this film that he would be the big bad for TA2
However, it hardly confirms he'll be directly involved. There is an overall arc that is going to be played out between avengers and the other films.

It's just as likely we see post credit scenes for IM3, CA2,Thor2 and what not that give us possible glimpses into the next avengers movie, much like the first wave of PC Scenes did. That isn't to say that seeds will further be planted in TA2 that allude to the aforementioned
Thanos
during the next avengers movie.

On top of that, though it's been stated before, Marvel seems entirely too smart blow their wad on their ultimate avengers villian in the first sequel.

Last edited:
To me the reason why I want Thanos to be the villain for the Avengers 2 is because they showed him in Avengers 1. Why gave him the post-credit scene if he's not gonna be in the Avengers 2. So it makes sense that he should be in the main villain for Avengers 2.

Well Thanos is certainly not Hell Boy :o

Welcome first off,

I haven't seen the film yet but I know about
Thanos

It may seem since it's after this film that he would be the big bad for TA2
However, it hardly confirms he'll be directly involved. There is an overall arc that is going to be played out between avengers and the other films.

It's just as likely we see post credit scenes for IM3, CA2,Thor2 and what not that give us possible glimpses into the next avengers movie, much like the first wave of PC Scenes did. That isn't to say that seeds will further be planted in TA2 that allude to the aforementioned
Thanos
during the next avengers movie.

On top of that, though it's been stated before, Marvel seems entirely too smart blow their wad on their ultimate avengers villian in the first sequel.

Thanos is great, and one of my favorite villains; but it would be incorrect to assume that he's the be-all/end-all of Avenger villains. Among the utterly epic battles Avengers have fought, there's Kang, Korvac, Ultron, Dr. Doom, Kree-Skrull, Kree-Sh'iar, Onslaught...and if/when Marvel gets the FF universe back, you could pit Avengers against some of the most powerful forces in the cosmos....guys who makes Thanos look like a pussycat.

Yeah I tend to agree with that. Just because Thanos is badass it is incorrect to place him at the top of the Avengers villains list.

I think that Thanos is better suited for Avengers 3 than 2, he would be a great trilogy ender, and would make more sence considering that Whedon said that Avengers 2 wouldn'tbe bigger in terms of scale but in characters, so i expect Avengers 2 to have Ultron and Avengers 3 to have Thanos, something similar to the Liberators could be possible too considering that the united nations appeared and didn't really like Nick Fury's decision.

I personaly think that Thanos in the second movie would be a bad move. I think Thanos will get a little screen time in the second film maybe as like a puppet master for who ever our second antagonist is but I believe he should actually make his apperance and threat to the avengers in the 3rd movie. My theory is that in the second Iron-man movie he will face the mandarin and torwards the end of it we will get a introduction to Ultron just my idea though.

I personaly think that Thanos in the second movie would be a bad move. I think Thanos will get a little screen time in the second film maybe as like a puppet master for who ever our second antagonist is but I believe he should actually make his apperance and threat to the avengers in the 3rd movie. My theory is that in the second Iron-man movie he will face the mandarin and torwards the end of it we will get a introduction to Ultron just my idea though.

"Second" Iron Man movie....? I think you missed one. :cwink:

Yeah, I think Mandarin will show up in IM3 next year, but introducing Ultron is getting a little too crowded. There's likely to be at least two villains in IM3; Ultron would only confuse the issue further.

Plus, I'm fairly confident that Ultron is the obvious villain of choice for the upcoming Ant-Man movie (yes, it *is* going forward, and Feige has been talking it up quite a bit in the last couple of weeks, and promises big news on it this summer).

Yes true I meant a set up though a post credit scene with Ultron or maybe a Post credit scene with Ant-Man would be pretty awesome as well.

A post credit scene in IM3 setting up Antman and Ultron would be tight. I give my seal of approval for this.

My whole idea would be this I dont know the exact release date on everything so this Might not work but pretty much I think that at the end of the Captain America movie we get a hint of the Red Skull still being alive and maybe a glimpse of him. In Iron Man 3 we get introduced to Pym in the movie maybe being involved in what happens to The Mandarin and at the end of the movie a hint torwards Ultron. Then the second movie have a duel combo with Red Skull using ultron under him to threaten the Avengers. Then the 3rd movie will be Thanos as the trilogy ender the big fight against The Avengers.

Meh, you had me till you paired up Red Skull with Ultron. :dry:

Thanos is great, and one of my favorite villains; but it would be incorrect to assume that he's the be-all/end-all of Avenger villains. Among the utterly epic battles Avengers have fought, there's Kang, Korvac, Ultron, Dr. Doom, Kree-Skrull, Kree-Sh'iar, Onslaught...and if/when Marvel gets the FF universe back, you could pit Avengers against some of the most powerful forces in the cosmos....guys who makes Thanos look like a pussycat.

I know they have had epic battles with many a people and groups, and they'd be just as amazing. However, It'd also be incorrect to assume that he has to be in Avengers 2 just because he is in the post-credits scene for TA1

Last edited:
(yes, it *is* going forward, and Feige has been talking it up quite a bit in the last couple of weeks, and promises big news on it this summer).

I hope we get something concrete soon. Hopefully it comes sooner rather than later.

I'm hoping that... antman/wasp get introduced in a solo film sometime before the next avengers, setting up the idea of ultron. Then either in avengers 2 they can get those two on the team, and either ultron can be the bad guy (leaving thanos for Av3) or ultron can be involved in trying to defeat Thanos in Av2, and can get corrupted in the process, leaving him as bad guy for Av3, like what happened in Av:EMH when they used ultron to defeat Kang's invasion, but then he went psyco.

I dunno, I know nothing about Thanos, but have read/watched ultron and really like him as a villain, he's so twisted. So would like to see him at some point. Just got/read ultron unlimited, he would be great on the big screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"