So as of now it looks like it'll be

May 2013 IM3
Nov 2013 Thor 2
Apr 2014 Cap 2
Sometime 2014 BP
May 2015 Avengers 2

With maybe Ant-Man as a smaller release at some point

Sounds good to me :awesome:

2014, but which Avengers comic were you refering to that had hints the GotU would be made into a film soon?

Avengers Assemble #6. It has the movie line-up of the Avengers, including their film costumes, teaming up with a GOTG consisting of Starlord, Bug, Gamora, Drax and Rocket Raccoon.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38677

Anyway, interesting news about BP, if Latinoreview's sources are on the mark (they often are, so I'm not arguing with them (yet)). And interesting that El Mayimbe recommends Nate Parker for the role; he's the one I suggested for Falcon.

I'd prefer they get an actual African actor to play the role instead of an American or Brit, though. And that they film in Africa, instead of on a Hollywood studio backlot or "on location" in East Bumpuck, Iowa, like they usually do.

Black Panther may be the next new hero in the MCU:
http://latino-review.com/2012/06/05/exclusive-standalone-marvel-movie-cap-takes-place-wakanda/

But considering what was said he may not be a new Avengers member.

LR hasn't exactly had a great track record with Marvel scoops. They claimed for months that the Skrulls were going to be the villains in The Avengers. I'll wait for official word before believing their "scoop".

At this rate, I don't think we'll ever see an Ant-Man movie unless Marvel finally gives up on Edgar Wright. He said something about filming later this year, but that doesn't make sense unless LR is wrong and Ant-Man will be the second 2014 flick. As noted above, LR does get things wrong so AM might be coming in 2014, or else some other Marvel property.

LR hasn't exactly had a great track record with Marvel scoops. They claimed for months that the Skrulls were going to be the villains in The Avengers. I'll wait for official word before believing their "scoop".

At this rate, I don't think we'll ever see an Ant-Man movie unless Marvel finally gives up on Edgar Wright. He said something about filming later this year, but that doesn't make sense unless LR is wrong and Ant-Man will be the second 2014 flick. As noted above, LR does get things wrong so AM might be coming in 2014, or else some other Marvel property.

Feige has said that Ant-Man will be the THIRD film in 2014. Cap, Black Panther (if LR is right), and Ant-Man.

I wanna see something not related to the avengers at some point. Like GOTG, or inhumans or nova or captain marvel. Luke cage and iron fist would be great also.

So as of now it looks like it'll be

May 2013 IM3
Nov 2013 Thor 2
Apr 2014 Cap 2
Sometime 2014 BP
May 2015 Avengers 2

With maybe Ant-Man as a smaller release at some point

Sounds good to me :awesome:
With one other 2014 movie supposedly. Either GotG or antman. I can't tell ya how fustrated I am hearing this black panther news. I hope it's not true . Damn it

Feige has said that Ant-Man will be the THIRD film in 2014. Cap, Black Panther (if LR is right), and Ant-Man.

Can you confirm this????? I was expecting GotG and antman

DoubleO_Stark said:
Brand new interview with a Sony representative that suggests a possible Spidey cameo in Avengers 2 if Marvel are up for co producing!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgslUro5Mlk

I don't know why Marvel and Sony couldn't strike up a deal; both companies would benefit from it. If the studios agree, anything is possible, so fingers crossed this does happen, even if not a costumed Spider-Man, to just have Tobey Maguire show up and snap some pictures in the middle of a battle.

Can you give a link to an article where Feige said that? So far I have only seen where Feige has said that there are two Marvel films in 2014, CA2 on April 4th and the unannounced one on May 16th. He has said repeatedly that they will produce only two films a year. It would be big news if Marvel ever decided to do three movies instead.

Can you give a link to an article where Feige said that? So far I have only seen where Feige has said that there are two Marvel films in 2014, CA2 on April 4th and the unannounced one on May 16th. He has said repeatedly that they will produce only two films a year. It would be big news if Marvel ever decided to do three movies instead.
http://collider.com/kevin-feige-thor-2-iron-man-3-avengers-sequel-interview/158942/

Feige says, “depending on what Edgar Wright films for us” circumstances could possibly force them to make three films in one year.

Last edited:

Woah did Feige really say Ant-Man is going to be the 3rd film is 2014, because if he did that would AWESOME!

Woah did Feige really say Ant-Man is going to be the 3rd film is 2014, because if he did that would AWESOME!
I posted what Feige actually said in the post above yours. He didn't confirm that Ant-Man is official a-go, nor did he say it would be 2014. He basically just said that, depending on whether or not they greenlight Ant-man, they may need to do 3 films in one year.

That said, I agree with cherokeesam that it probably means it would be a 3rd film in 2014. But that's speculative at this point.

The thing is, the guy that gave these news is the same guy that has been releasing information of Iron Man 3

I posted what Feige actually said in the post above yours. He didn't confirm that Ant-Man is official a-go, nor did he say it would be 2014. He basically just said that, depending on whether or not they greenlight Ant-man, they may need to do 3 films in one year.

That said, I agree with cherokeesam that it probably means it would be a 3rd film in 2014. But that's speculative at this point.

Oh ok I didn't know it was the interview he was referencing, anyway it would be awesome if we got an Ant-Man and BP movie in 2014.

The thing is, the guy that gave these news is the same guy that has been releasing information of Iron Man 3

Set photos taken by fans and paps gave more information about IM3 than LR did. They had an article up giving "scoops" about the villains in the movie but they had no idea that Iron Patriot and A.I.M. were involved until set photos revealed them. LR was a few steps behind the curve on that and they didn't give up on the Skrull "scoop" until it became painfully obvious that they were wrong.

Set photos taken by fans and paps gave more information about IM3 than LR did. They had an article up giving "scoops" about the villains in the movie but they had no idea that Iron Patriot and A.I.M. were involved until set photos revealed them. LR was a few steps behind the curve on that and they didn't give up on the Skrull "scoop" until it became painfully obvious that they were wrong.

Actually, the LR source for Skrulls kept on making a point about it being kinda-sorta Skrulls, like a deviant race of Skrulls.

In the Ultimate comics, the Chitauri ARE the Skrulls. Or an offshoot. Herr Kleiser, the Chitauri leader, specifically states that they go by other names to different alien races, and one of those mentioned is "Skrulls." So that vagueness kinda fits in with the confusion that the LR source had, or was generating.

Of course, MCU Chitauri bear no resemblance whatsoever to comic-book Chitauri, in look or description or backstory, so that's kind of a moot point.

I wish they had given some resemblence to their comic counterpart in order to give themselves some leeway in the future.

I wish they had given some resemblence to their comic counterpart in order to give themselves some leeway in the future.

You mean have them actually be Skrulls? I dunno, I think that would have ended up as messy storytelling and complicated things down the road. This way if they want to introduce real Skrulls then they don't have that as baggage.

You mean have them actually be Skrulls? I dunno, I think that would have ended up as messy storytelling and complicated things down the road. This way if they want to introduce real Skrulls then they don't have that as baggage.
I think he meant about the Chitauri's being able to moroh into humans, much like the skrulls. The film's Chitauri didn't seem like chitauri

I don't think there should be any other Avengers. Because in order to create the same magic, so many times they fails.

I don't think there should be any other Avengers. Because in order to create the same magic, so many times they fails.

There should be more avengers, other movies also, they just shouldn't waste the movie on a character like black panther. I'd like to see a movies expanding the avengers stories, and builds upon the Thanos thing. Im sorry, but Black Panther to me is a waste, much rather see an Ant-Man movie. It could be a way to introduce Ultron, the avengers best villian. And GotG, to expand the cosmic side. Those two movies would be perfect to expand the avengers. Hell, pym doesn't even have to be an avenger. But instead, they are wasting one of the film slots on Black Panther. in my opinion, one of the most lame characters. Atleast make it someone more interesting, like Dr. Strange, or something.

Excuse me 4 day old rant, but I can't stress how, disappointed I am to hear this.

Is there any possible way still that The Black Panther movie is JUST a rumor?

How do you know they will fail? Many sequels actually do better and are better than their first movies: X2, Spider-Man 2 (I guess SM2 didn't do as well at the BO, but it's an amazing movie), and TDK are a few superhero sequels off the top of my head, not to mention BTTF Part II, The Godfather Part II, The Empire Strikes Back...

Even if TA2 isn't as good as the first, it would be ridiculous and downright illogical for them not to make it.

There should be more avengers, other movies also, they just shouldn't waste the movie on a character like black panther. I'd like to see a movies expanding the avengers stories, and builds upon the Thanos thing. Im sorry, but Black Panther to me is a waste, much rather see an Ant-Man movie. It could be a way to introduce Ultron, the avengers best villian. And GotG, to expand the cosmic side. Those two movies would be perfect to expand the avengers. Hell, pym doesn't even have to be an avenger. But instead, they are wasting one of the film slots on Black Panther. in my opinion, one of the most lame characters. Atleast make it someone more interesting, like Dr. Strange, or something.

Excuse me 4 day old rant, but I can't stress how, disappointed I am to hear this.

The BP movie is still just a rumor, but it's bound to be made at some point. You're going to have to live with that, and maybe try to look into how Black Panther is one of the most intriguing and unique superheroes in the Marvel Universe. Maybe you'll change your mind about him being lame!

Last edited:
I'm definitely fine with them adding to the team, I just hope it doesn't balloon up to like 15+ As they get into later installments(past 3 movies..hopefully) I would love for them to sub out some members with others but keep the same baseline number of members (whether thats 6 or 7). It will be easier when they introduce other characters and whatnot. i also hope they stick with people who have a history predominantly with the Avengers and not just throw any and all characters in there like the comics do.

I have no doubt in my mind that *both* Black Panther and Ant-Man are due out in 2014. And I'm willing to *bet* that GOTG drops in 2015, either before or after TA2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"