The Avengers (2012) vs Justice League (2017)

There is no serious discussion that can be had to compare the two.

JL is like a knock off Avengers. And it's a crying shame.

Thanks Snyder.

Justice League was definitely better than Avengers: Age of Ultron, for what it's worth.

Justice League was definitely better than Avengers: Age of Ultron, for what it's worth.

I really think you are in the minority on that also but I'd refrain from making a poll thread about it. Nothing useful in that.

I really think you are in the minority on that also but I'd refrain from making a poll thread about it. Nothing useful in that.

Sorry Marvel folks, I am just basing that on what I saw on the movie screen. AOU was terrible. Whatever else you might want to say about JL, at least it was entertaining and fun to watch.

Sorry Marvel folks, I am just basing that on what I saw on the movie screen. AOU was terrible. Whatever else you might want to say about JL, at least it was entertaining and fun to watch.

You know how opinions work, right?

Age of Ultron is pretty weak. But it had some genuinely great scenes like Visions birth and his final speech with Ultron. The party where they were taking turns to lift Mjolnir. Hulk vs Hulkbuster. The final battle where they fighting in a circle. Even Ultron, as unthreatening as he was, had some good dialogue and interesting thematics behind him.

JL had the Amazon Relay and Superman. That's it.

You have a way of wording that really does not convey that.
At least that comes off really that way to me.

I'm not sure how to word it any other way. Just like saying "Stop right there lol. It's not definitely better than anything. " comes off as not conveying that either, when obviously it is. But instead just comes off as arrogant.

Age of Ultron is underrated imo. It didn't quite stick the landing, and some choices didn't pan out, but on the whole it's pretty much on par with the first Avengers for me. Besides all the great scenes already mentioned, it was just really satisfying to see the Avengers as a functional team together for a movie. Yeah, it's more of a Saturday morning cartoon kinda movie compared to top tier MCU, but I still dig it.

JL on the other hand I have no desire to ever rewatch.

The 58 million dollar budget Deadpool had better CGI than the 300 million dollar budget Justice League. How does that happen?

Age of Ultron [...] it's more of a Saturday morning cartoon kinda movie compared to top tier MCU, but I still dig it.

May be true but IMO we also need those in a shared universe.
It's in my top 5.

This is just cruel, cruel trolling right now :yay:

I might start a TDK vs Avengers comparison, just to put you Marvel boys back in your box! :woot:

This is just cruel, cruel trolling right now :yay:

I might start a TDK vs Avengers comparison, just to put you Marvel boys back in your box! :woot:

Thing is I think most Marvel fans would still pick TDK lol.

Age of Ultron is underrated imo. It didn't quite stick the landing, and some choices didn't pan out, but on the whole it's pretty much on par with the first Avengers for me. Besides all the great scenes already mentioned, it was just really satisfying to see the Avengers as a functional team together for a movie. Yeah, it's more of a Saturday morning cartoon kinda movie compared to top tier MCU, but I still dig it.

Again opinions. I have no desire to watch Age of Ultron again because those scenes did nothing for me, and even if they had, I don't want to slog through the whole movie again just to see them.
I liked the characters in Justice League, so I want to see them interact again and plan on seeing Justice League again.
Lest you think I am anti-Marvel, I loved the hell out of Captain America: Winter Soldier and the two Guardians of the Galaxy, though liked the first one more, and the Iron Man solo movies, and the first (2002) Spider-Man movie.

Again opinions. I have no desire to watch Age of Ultron again because those scenes did nothing for me, and even if they had, I don't want to slog through the whole movie again just to see them.
I liked the characters in Justice League, so I want to see them interact again and plan on seeing Justice League again.
Lest you think I am anti-Marvel, I loved the hell out of Captain America: Winter Soldier and the two Guardians of the Galaxy, though liked the first one more, and the Iron Man solo movies, and the first (2002) Spider-Man movie.

Why so defensive lol my post wasn't directed at you...

High five to everyone who likes AOU.

I'm a DC fan, much more so than Marvel (except for John Byrne's work in the 70's-80's on X-Men, FF, Alpha Flight and West Coast Avengers, Excalibur, and Simonson's Thor run).

Having said that I have to be honest. Avengers and Avengers Age of Ultron are much better superhero team films than Justice League.

The action in JL isn't bad, the heroes are pretty decent approximations of their comic book counterparts and there's some humour. But that's about it.

I mean, Age of Ultron has at least 15 minutes that they could have cut out but it also has some really impressive action sequences and character development. JL's action isn't bad but not as memorable.

I would say that in terms of the heroes interacting (in an enjoyable and entertaining way) JL holds its own with the Avengers and there is one sequence where JL absolutely is better than Avengers :

The resurrected Superman fights the whole league, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg Flash and Batman and wipes the floor with them.
It's brief, but I felt it a lot better than Thor v Iron Man or Thor v Hulk.

I would say it's almost on a par with Hulk v Hulkbuster Iron Man, but it's too short. I also suspect I'm biased on that one, and the GA might not really care that much.

However, that one sequence doesn't make up for all the places it falls far short of Avengers.

For some reason the Avengers films create a lot more tension and drama than JL ( Loki, of course was great, Ultron wasn't a great villain, but he's a lot better than Steppenwolf, particularly in the cgi they used for him).

Anyway, it's a good thing JL hasn't been compared to Ragnarok or Civil War, because that's almost a non-question.

So, in summary yes, I'm a DC fan, and yes, had to be honest and vote for Avengers.

I may have spoken to soon.
Probably.

I mean, it could even become:
We live in a world where GoTGvol1 > Justice League

Anybody up for a bet?

IMO, GOTG vol 1 is better than most of the MCU films.

This thread won't make me go an watch JL so I can vote with confidence.

IMO, GOTG vol 1 is better than most of the MCU films.

I was speaking about box office, but I really like both GoTGs.
Frankly, every MCU movie is better than every DCEU one to me. Yep.

Only WW can be compared to an average MCU film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"