The Avengers (2012) vs Justice League (2017)

AOU was great for the first two acts. The third act (final battle) is where it starts to unravel a bit. You could tell Whedon was exhausted by that point. There needed to be a more epic confrontation between the Avengers and Ultron. He basically became something they could punt like a football a few times.

I agree with you. They really could have done more in the last action set-piece. Still love the characters'interaction during Act 3 though.

For me, (emotional attachment taken out for a moment of decision), JL is a vastly superior film. I got more from it in every way.

For me, (emotional attachment taken out for a moment of decision), JL is a vastly superior film. I got more from it in every way.

Man, you are emotionally speaking.
It's great that you enjoyed it that much but this is one of those rare cases where it can be objectively demonstrated that Avengers is a better product all around.
Obviously mileage may vary.

Again, glad that JL brought joy to at least some people. But it could have be oh so much more.
Deep in the deepest of your true heart you know. :oldrazz:

I do think AOU is in the same ball park though. That movie is just as hollow as Justice League, but there is a bit more competence to it.

"A bit more competence" is the understatement of the year. AoU is flawed in a lot of ways, but it isn't tripping over itself every few minutes to try and be a completely different film than it was originally intended.

"A bit more competence" is the understatement of the year. AoU is flawed in a lot of ways, but it isn't tripping over itself every few minutes to try and be a completely different film than it was originally intended.

Okay, touché. I admit that a vast oversimplification.

source.gif

Last edited:
Your tirade on AoU is tiresome. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but there are about as many people that thought AoU was an abject failure, as to those that thought JL was a great film. Yet you kept on your tirade going on 2 and a half years to try to state your opinion as fact. The counter proof to your point is clear in the numbers by the two films.

The first half of Justice League just made me gain a whole new appreciation for the first act of the Avengers. Justice League shows you how it could've gone wrong.

Your tirade on AoU is tiresome. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but there are about as many people that thought AoU was an abject failure, as to those that thought JL was a great film. Yet you kept on your tirade going on 2 and a half years to try to state your opinion as fact. The counter proof to your point is clear in the numbers by the two films.

Ahem.

- I didn't bring up AOU in this thread.

- Your defensiveness over any MCU criticism is fairly tiring too.

- You state your opinion as fact because of box office dollars... even though I agree with you AOU is better. :dry:

I remember back in 2012 when avengers first came out.

I said to my friends, "Nah, I'm good. I'll just wait for the Justice League movie."

me in 2017:

2rIT2Q0.jpg

My point about DACrowe was stating their opinion as fact. I don't care if anyone has a minority opinion they certainly have a right to have it. If you thought AoU was as bad as JL, there's nothing I'm going to say that's going to change that.

In this discussion it's beyond the Avengers vs. JL, because there are at least two more Avengers films planned, and they've all been massively successful so far.

Whether people like Justice League or not is kind of irrelevant at this point, objectively Justice League is a financial disaster, and if you're a fan of those characters, you can't possibly be happy with what just occurred.

If you didn't like Age of Ultron, it made bank so a sequel was guaranteed and Marvel addressed it's admitted quality issues by getting rid of the director.

I was overjoyed with Justice League, but it doesn't come close to Avengers.

Man, you are emotionally speaking.
It's great that you enjoyed it that much but this is one of those rare cases where it can be objectively demonstrated that Avengers is a better product all around.
Obviously mileage may vary.

Again, glad that JL brought joy to at least some people. But it could have be oh so much more.
Deep in the deepest of your true heart you know. :oldrazz:

No , I don't. They were both incredibly films and its almost impossible to decide. I'm going to vote JL because its the underdog but both were just beyond amazing

This is just cruel, cruel trolling right now :yay:

I might start a TDK vs Avengers comparison, just to put you Marvel boys back in your box! :woot:

Well, I'd vote for the Avengers in a hot moment and I just voted for JL here ( superhard I actually they'll equals for me) . But you're right here TDK would win.

No , I don't. They were both incredibly films and its almost impossible to decide. I'm going to vote JL because its the underdog but both were just beyond amazing

It's your opinion so it's fine, no debate possible.
But I do not totally believe that you do not see the staggering and embarassing difference in basic filmmaking craft on display.
Some things are practically measurable, believe it or not.

I enjoyed Justice League more than I was expecting to but...come on, now.

Avengers.

Obviously.

Avengers by a billion miles.

Watched bootleg of JL and this is all I have to say:

tumblr_inline_obddk5RIVy1qderj8_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija