The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I thought TA still needs 200+ million to earn a billion dollars.

Yep, and should be close to $100m dom and $100m OS for the weekend.

I can't believe there is even a possibility of a $100M for a 2nd weekend. I mean WOW! And I'm just glad that the film is doing so great at the box office.

Wait, I thought TA still needs 200+ million to earn a billion dollars.

It does. We are thinking that half will come from the north American Box office and half from the international box office for one billion in total.

$299,143,000 after Friday.

Damn Avengers just missed $300m in 8 days :csad: (according to official estimate (BOM))

Mistake, I should have said it is "going" to lose....I definitely hope not, but it seems crazy if it doesn't. Like a 9%(Avatar's second-to-third weekend) drop from 2-to-3 drop would seem crazy for The Avengers, but it's mainly because of its staggering $207M opening.
Avatar is a freak. As is Titanic. Those films don't follow any normal box office trends. Avengers is not losing momentum any faster than other successful blockbusters of the past. In fact it's holding better than most despite record smashing openings.

Disney low balled estimates last weekend by 7 million. They seem to be doing that again this weekend. Wow.

2 Biiiiiilllion dollars?

Haha, unlikely but I wouldn't be surprised if this makes a billion and a quarter even half.

It's on pace for somewhere around those 2 figures. 2BN unfortunately not. Would need Avatar style overseas legs for that.

It's on pace for somewhere around those 2 figures. 2BN unfortunately not. Would need Avatar style overseas legs for that.
Yeah, $1.4-$1.5b looks likely if it gets to $1b tomorrow.

Variety is way underestimating TA's gross this week.

Just unreal! Even the Juggernaut would defer.

Closer to $105m.
Saturday numbers will tell the story.

Friday did a $29.1, which means Sunday would be about the same thing, a little less around $28M.

So that's $57M right there.

The Avengers need a 150% jump to get $43M on Saturday to hit $100M.

i guess i maybe dropped the gun a little soon saying 2 bill....

When you get into multiple billion territory the overseas market becomes more important.

Saturday numbers will tell the story.

Friday did a $29.1, which means Sunday would be about the same thing, a little less around $28M.

So that's $57M right there.

The Avengers need a 150% jump to get $43M on Saturday to hit $100M.

If it follows the IM2 multipliers for week 2 it will be at $101. If it's close Disney will fudge, so for all intents and purposes it's 100M.

Regarding Nikki, her screwups are not limited to the Avengers. She's been way off for well over a year now, while others have been almost spot on. I'm not sure where or how she gets her numbers, but predicting an 80M when it's going to be close to 100, that's not in range.

Go back and look at what she did for HG, it was the same thing. Meanwhile DTH had been right on the money for most of these.

IMO, her numbers have been way off, for too long and I don't trust a damn thing she says. On the BOT forums she's become the object of rage because she's been so off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"