The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Nikki, her screwups are not limited to the Avengers. She's been way off for well over a year now, while others have been almost spot on. I'm not sure where or how she gets her numbers, but predicting an 80M when it's going to be close to 100, that's not in range.

Go back and look at what she did for HG, it was the same thing. Meanwhile DTH had been right on the money for most of these.

IMO, her numbers have been way off, for too long and I don't trust a damn thing she says. On the BOT forums she's become the object of rage because she's been so off.

How? She isn't predicting these numbers herself, these are numbers she gets from the actual studios. That's why her Box Office posts have anywhere from 5-10 updates in the span of a few hours.

I think 2 Billion is a bit of a stretch. I think right now the goal is beating Deathly Hallows part 2's total of $1.33 B.

How? She isn't predicting these numbers herself, these are numbers she gets from the actual studios. That's why her Box Office posts have anywhere from 5-10 updates in the span of a few hours.

Well the proof is in the pudding and there are other B.O. bloggers that are far more accurate than her. Maybe her sources are bad. If they are she needs to find new ones.

The bottom line is she's the laughing stock of the BOT forums now.

This is not about Avengers either, this is pretty much the 5th or 6th time she's been completely off.

Saturday numbers will tell the story.

Friday did a $29.1, which means Sunday would be about the same thing, a little less around $28M.

So that's $57M right there.

The Avengers need a 150% jump to get $43M on Saturday to hit $100M.

No, it needs a 48% increase from Friday's $29m gross to reach $43m for Saturday. A 150% increase would be $72m.

I guess he meant it needs to make 150% of Friday's $29 million to have $43 million on Saturday.

Doesn't hurt to mention it here too.

Saw it 3x's.

Midnight (3D), Saturday 1st weekend (2D), Friday 2nd weekend (IMAX 3D).

Saw it in all formats.

Contributed to both history making weekends :)

2341135-imgp5016_super.jpg

Your favorite format Jordanstine? My RPX (think IMAX lite) 3D experience was great, but the 2D screen i saw it on was awful: blurry image, low audio, warped screen.

If there were a 2D IMAX option, Id go see it a 3rd time.

hello, well heres goes nothing, been thinking of joining for a while and here i am but back to the movie

at first, it was that predictions for the domestic number where between 400 through below 500 then slowly most people where saying above 500 domestic which like others have said is pretty much a lock now and is 1 billion :) but, how likely or unlikely for that matter do you guys think it is for it to reach or go past 600 domestic

2pm matinee was about 80-90% full. Applause at the end.

I wouldn't mind if Avengers grosses $4 billion, ts such a good movie and it deserves all the money its getting. Avengers Rocks

Your favorite format Jordanstine? My RPX (think IMAX lite) 3D experience was great, but the 2D screen i saw it on was awful: blurry image, low audio, warped screen.

If there were a 2D IMAX option, Id go see it a 3rd time.
IMAX 3D.

We sat on the 7th/8th row and the 3D was in full effect.

- The moment the scene starts with the Staircase in space was beautiful as if you were walking those steps.

- The Tessarac blowing up in your face.

- Scenes with Black Widow pointing the gun at you, and turning her back with that ash in 3D.

- The last 30 minutes with the giant Leviathan coming right at you, the explosions, and the aliens flying by were great!

- There were a couple of scenes where Iron Man is fighting the aliens and the camera has a view inside his armored mask cockpit, and those were so awesome in IMAX 3D coz it felt like you were Iron Man flying and blowing up aliens.

- The sound was massive! Not only was it good, but even our seats vibrated!

Overall great experience!

Dang, I'm going to have to start avoiding the boxoffice forums. Seems like posters have a lot of hate and vitriol over there.

Great weekend for Avengers though.

Dang, I'm going to have to start avoiding the boxoffice forums. Seems like posters have a lot of hate and vitriol over there.

Hate and Vitrol for what?

Well the proof is in the pudding and there are other B.O. bloggers that are far more accurate than her. Maybe her sources are bad. If they are she needs to find new ones.

The bottom line is she's the laughing stock of the BOT forums now.

This is not about Avengers either, this is pretty much the 5th or 6th time she's been completely off.

Wasn't she the one howling "Not a record!" when she originally reported that Avengers had a $67 million opening (when it wound being $85 million)?

Nolanites dukeebags who thought their idol was gonna have the entire summer to himself. In their mind, this is some kind of competition. Best advice? Don't feed the monkeys.

Im a pretty big Nolan fan myself (like a lot of people).

Without actually going in there, that's my guess.

The Avengers

Like they said, haters gonna hate. :word: With amazing high RT score and record-breaking box office, it's hard not to attract naysayers who want to rain on the parade.

All popular movies, good or bad, get a bunch of people hating them and finding a way to express it somehow. Its their right (i hate some movies too... even if i dont care that much to express it), but its nothing new. :cwink:

Doesn't hurt to mention it here too.

Saw it 3x's.

Midnight (3D), Saturday 1st weekend (2D), Friday 2nd weekend (IMAX 3D).

Saw it in all formats.

Contributed to both history making weekends :)

2341135-imgp5016_super.jpg

Well done!

I've seen it three complete times and have watched that final act eight times. That's right, I paid to see the movie but walked in to watch a showing that was already playing just to see that final act again. A good way to spend a lunch hour when you can't spend over two hours at the cinema!

Paid to see it again today as well!

Yeah I saw it at 2pm as well and it was packed then. I don't see how this won't make $1B by Monday. It's still selling out theaters like it's in its first weekend.

Wasn't she the one howling "Not a record!" when she originally reported that Avengers had a $67 million opening (when it wound being $85 million)?

If here declaration was based on that report $67 million opening(which included midnight) than it was fair to say. That number still left enough uncertainty whether it was gonna break the record or not. She probably shouldn't have been so adamant about it just to hedge her bets. However, once the actual Friday number was $80 million all doubts went out the window. It was just a matter of would it hit $200 million.

Myzz was @ 88-97%. That was at the 3:30p show. When I left, the 4:50p show had very long line just like last wkend. I'm thinking the numbers for the wkend is going to be bigger than we expected.

A woman sitting behind,who wasn't a comic book fan,said she "wanted to see it again".

Yeah, and they are beating her over the head with that at the BOT forums for saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"