The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread - Part 5

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

One of the best movies ever if you ask me!! Congrats marvel and disney and paramount!

2. Spideyfan93 Hayley Atwell I love you!

Not trying to rub it in but the fact that I saw all the actors at NYCC, the Black Widow/Banner scene in October and the final film almost a month before release...and it's having so much success makes this one of the most surreal cinema experiences ever.

Never ever going to forget these last couple of years starting from 2008. An era is ending but a new one is unfolding. Got emotional towards the end of the film during my 3rd viewing with my family.

It is just...damn.

3. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Imagine, Joss Whedon, the guy who couldn't keep a show on tv, may wind up being responsible for the highest grossing non-James Cameron film ever.

4. Rock Sexton Registered

5. BH/HHH You Are My World

Agreed

So happy that its smashing records I hope it beats Avatar. Avengers Assemble is the greatest film I have ever watched.

6. warhorse78 Registered

I really doubt it'll beat Avatar.

7. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

I'd love for JW to get nominated at least for Best Director come Oscar time but knowing the academy I wouldn't hold my breath.

8. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

Agreed but it does stand a better chance domestically than WW.

9. craigdbfan Registered

People doubted it'd get to a billion too. ;)

10. MahvelBaby! Registered

This thing, is not done yet at 1 bill imo! I still want to see this movie like 10 more times, I want to experience this on the big screen as much as possible!

11. spider-neil spins a web any size!

The biggest comic book movie ever is a marvel (not DC) somehow that feels right. Pity it's not spidey but ho hum

12. Scarlettess and a 1..2..3..4

agreed. Been a longtime fan of Joss ever since Buffy(which lead me to all his other work :p) , and it's great to finally see him 'get his due'. Huge Congrats to Marvel and Disney too!! Fiege must be over the moon right now :woot:

13. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

A $1.4-1.5B WW gross is totally within reach which would make it the #3 all time after the Cameron films. I can live with that. Just glad to know that Marvel is a bigger brand than Harry Potter.

14. Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

I don't think this needs to be made about Marvel VS DC. The bigger picture is that this is a victory for all comic book movie fans.

15. spider-neil spins a web any size!

SCREW THAT! I'm glad batman has been put in his place after 4 years of hearing about TDK over and over and over again.

16. Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

I'd hardly say Batman was "put in his place". The Dark Knight had a huge, record-breaking cinematic release of its own back in 2008, and enjoyed a 4-year run as the most successful superhero movie ever. Now a worthy successor has taken the crown in the form of The Avengers. I'm more of a Batman fan than an Avengers fan, but I can still be happy for Marvel's success here. Be careful about using this as a chance to gloat and claim victory over DC, lest ye become the Marvel equivalent of the obnoxious TDK fans you want "put in their place".

17. carlos rosales Registered

just wondering, does anybody else think it has a chance to pass 600 domestic, even by 2 million? or is it just silly to think so?

18. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

I will say this concerning the Marvel vs. DC thing: Now that the Avengers has made a lot of money in such a short time, I can almost guarantee you that WB is going to rush a JLA film. If I was them, I'd take my time and build like Marvel did. I'd pay Bale and Reynolds whatever they wanted, use Cavill and go from there, start tying them together. You can call me a copycat but you can also call me a Billionaire when it makes billions when it's done right.

19. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

I'd say it's got a better than 50/50 shot at it.

20. Travesty Registered

I don't think "rushing" anything is a good idea. First they gotta see how Supes turns out, cause he seems to have a rocky past, and of course the 'ol GL thing.

I really want to see a Flash movie, though, and I don't know why they haven't even tried.:huh:

21. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

I think going in steps is the best way for DC to go. Get Superman respectable and in good standing with the current pop culture crowd, get another take on Batman that could actually work in a larger universe. Then do a World's Finest team up while getting Flash, WW going and GL rehabilitated. Maybe a Martian Manhunter or Aquaman(depends on who you want the last member to be) film or at least a cameo to put them in continuity. And then a JL film to top it off.

22. Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

I'm of the opinion that DC doesn't need to go the copcat route of building a DC film universe character by character. They should start with a Justice League movie, and then make spin-off films from that. Characters like The Flash, Aquaman or even Wonder Woman would be an easier sell done this way, I think.

23. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

This is the problem I have with DC doing that: they have way to many people playing certain characters which is why I think is one of the reasons GL failed. There were like a thousand Lanterns which didn't make Hal feel unique. It's the same thing with Flash, and a couple of other characters. The only characters they have really established and played up are Batman and Superman. If you do a JLA movie and branch out, people will just see suits and feel like WTF? Look at Watchmen. I liked it because I'm a comic geek but the GA doesn't. When GL came out, the thing i heard most from noncomic fans is wasn't GL black? That's why I think building up to a JLA would be the best thing.

And I wasn't saying rushing a JLA is a smart move but I can guarantee it's going to be the move that WB will do. You are going to start to hear that drum beat around the end of summer. Book it. :o

24. Travesty Registered

Hmmmm, that's a really good idea. Never thought about doing the 'team up' movie first, and then doing the individuals after. That would be cool.:word:

25. carlos rosales Registered

another thing, will the avengers making over 1 billion and 500 domestic being a lock and high gross overseas affect the grosses of the next iron man, thor, CA, and (mabye if they decide to) hulk or no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.