The Avengers The Avengers Box-Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Sid Jawtug

Civilian
Reaction score
Reply with the exact amount that you think the final world-wide box office total will be. The closest without going over the total gross will receive a special surprise! :cwink:
In case of a tie, the person that posted first will be the winner. Good luck!

Last edited:
Went with 9 mil >

Precisely 986.78 Million dollars

Booyah Avengers Assemble!

If it does Iron Man numbers, I'll be delighted.

Im gonna say 400 million domestic but that could go up or down based on word of mouth on opening weekend.

Worldwide 800 million.

$1.1 Billion worldwide, $400 million+ domestic.

876,576,132.66 on the dot :cwink:
No but seriously, it'll make around the $800 mil mark I think.

The best way too do this is too go back too all the movies featuring characters in the avengers and this includes both hulk films. Add up those films totals and divide by the number of films that average will give you the best prediction for this. Besides ironman 1 and 2 none of these films have really lit up the box office.

Now granted the average is around 250 million domestically for these movies but I see about 400 million right about the sweet spot.

The buzz for the movie alone will make it 500 mill easy. Throw in the fact that there really isn't much competition the following 2 or 3 weekend after that. 600 mill. Now with great reviews and secondary viewings by fanboys. This movie with the right amount of buzz and word of mouth could get close to a bill.

Last edited:
The best way too do this is too go back too all the movies featuring characters in the avengers and this includes both hulk films. Add up those films totals and divide by the number of films that average will give you the best prediction for this. Besides ironman 1 and 2 none of these films have really lit up the box office.

Now granted the average is around 250 million domestically for these movies but I see about 400 million right about the sweet spot.

No, no, no. You need to add up the total grosses of all five movies, divide by five to get the average, then multiply that by six because there are six Avengers. The result would be your worldwide total for The Avengers.

Okay, that's a ridiculous formula, but it's as good as anything else. :word:

795 million (highest) worldwide.
570 million (lowest) worldwide.

Avengers Formula
IM + IM2 + THOR + CA:TFA - TIH / 4 = 397.5 domestically 875.6 worldwide

I'm thinking it'll land somewhere between 700 and 1bn. It's hard to place. I'll wait till after the superbowl spot (or even trailer 2) is released before having a more specific guess.

The best way too do this is too go back too all the movies featuring characters in the avengers and this includes both hulk films.

Hulk 03 isn't in continuity.

Under a billion but more than 800 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"