Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp I just saw this part open and thought to make a thread for the news part.

Let us discuss.

thanos.jpg

Simple, I don't consider Jablonsky anywhere near one of the best in the industry. And Zimmer's sound is synonymous with the DCEU now, so I'd prefer some variety in my superhero scores.
To each their own. I just think somebody like Silvestri is a bad fit for Infinity War,

I think Steve Jablonsky is very talented. Some of his Transformers scores give me goosebumps. I liked the score from both Avengers films.

Also I don't want to see Zimmer doing Marvel films, not because I don't like him because I love him, but he should stick with DC films making them epic like he always does. Need to keep Marvel films different.

God no to Zimmer and Zimmer-lites. Silvestry actually gave us a traditional orchestral score with a hummable melody. All Zimmer would give us is two notes and a lot of noise.

That works fine for some movies. But I don't want it for Avengers.

Zimmer's "score" for ASM2 was just...my God. Horner did great in ASM imo.

Well you guys fail to realize. Composers tracks souns different for different films based on the tone of the film. So Silvertri can still make a intense score. It dont have to be upbeat.

To each their own. I just think somebody like Silvestri is a bad fit for Infinity War,

Infinity War is still going to be an Avengers movie. Its still going to be the MCU. I think the guy who scored the first Avengers movie (and who's score they heavily re-purposed in the second) is more than qualified to score the third one.

I was hoping they would make a good Thanos theme, oh well...

Silvestri's more likely to write Thanos an actual theme than someone like Brian Tyler or Jablonsky, so I don't get that comment.

A forgettable theme most likely. That's why I was hoping for Henry Jackman who made 2 of the greatest supervillain themes in the last decade(Magneto theme from FC and Winter Soldier theme). Jablonsky made the Lockdown theme from Transformers 4 which awesome, more than I'm expecting from a villain theme made by Silvestri.

Well buddy. Better buckle up. Cause you can kick and cry n scream all ya want. But we're stuck with Silverstri and ya gotta deal with that. I couldnt be more happy. :D

Yeah I don't consider any of those themes memorable (and I barely consider the Winter Soldier motif a "theme" at all), so each their own.

Maybe not you but many consider them to be pretty memorable. The Magneto theme for example, has nearly 2 million views on Youtube.

Your acting like the soundtrack is gonna effect the scope of the film. Its still gonna make billions and be a great film all around. The soundtrack literally the least of our issues.

Well, this is a pretty boring argument. People are arguing about who should compose Infinity War. :sleepy:

I don't care who composes it, just as long as it sounds cool and fits the movie.

Your acting like the soundtrack is gonna effect the scope of the film. Its still gonna make billions and be a great film all around. The soundtrack literally the least of our issues.

I thought you were super happy or something, why are you bothered that I don't think he's the ideal choice?

Like I initially said, it is a good thing he's making the music instead of Brian Tyler, it's not like I hate him or anything. Gosh people are so sensitive

Yeah. Cant argue with that fact. You are entitled to your own opinion.

Well, this is a pretty boring argument. People are arguing about who should compose Infinity War. :sleepy:

I don't care who composes it, just as long as it sounds cool and fits the movie.

My sentiments exactly. I mean, don't get me wrong, I want the score to be great and all but there are far more pressing concerns than that.

How can they pull off Thanos defeat successfully and satisfyingly is one example

I agree. It's not going to be a satisfying one. Even Ultron's wasn't really a satisfying since we lost QS. I can only imagine for Thanos.

Ultrons demise was somewhat ironic. He was killed by basically the first person he talked to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"