Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War Part I & II The Official News and Speculatio - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it you haven't been watching this year? AOS had a terrific season, easily it's best. The "Self Control" episode, written and directed by Jed Whedon, was one of the best episodes of television I saw all year and holds up to the better films and shows of the MCU. The JJ gif is never not funny, but not at all applicable given how well AOS is written.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/agents-shield-delivers-trust-no-one-mystery-and-ne-250755

I really dont like the obvious split of the Season in 3 arcs..

I take it you haven't been watching this year? AOS had a terrific season, easily it's best. The "Self Control" episode, written and directed by Jed Whedon, was one of the best episodes of television I saw all year and holds up to the better films and shows of the MCU. The JJ gif is never not funny, but not at all applicable given how well AOS is written.

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/agents-shield-delivers-trust-no-one-mystery-and-ne-250755

Obviously opinions differ on the quality of AOS's writing. You may enjoy the show, others not so much. Personally, I haven't been impressed by the episodes I've seen this season. To be honest, the writing for parts of season three was abysmal enough to drive me away from the show but for a few peeks this year. The writing is good enough for TV, I suppose, but the films are on another level entirely.

Obviously opinions differ on the quality of AOS's writing. You may enjoy the show, others not so much. Personally, I haven't been impressed by the episodes I've seen this season. To be honest, the writing for parts of season three was abysmal enough to drive me away from the show but for a few peeks this year. The writing is good enough for TV, I suppose, but the films are on another level entirely.

The best writing on TV these days compares very favorably to what we see in the multiplex and this year, at least, AOS was some of the best TV. The "Self Control" episode and the final arc in The Framework was as good as anything I saw on Stranger Things, The Americans or Feud (and Dr. Strange) and to suggest that the performers on that show simply wouldn't work on a movie set is just silly.

Well, luckily those performers aren't going to BE anywhere near the films except for maybe showing up for the premiere.

*Thinks of the Agents of SHIELD writers being allowed anywhere near the Infinity War script*

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I actually think it's quite likely that Jed Whedon would get some sort of brief on the storyline, if only with regard to how it could impact Agents of SHIELD. They've talked before about how the TV side and movie side work together to make sure the TV shows fit within the MCU without inconsistencies.

Well, luckily those performers aren't going to BE anywhere near the films except for maybe showing up for the premiere.

Got any inside info or are you just telling us your preference? I'd prefer we get at least an Easter egg referencing a successful show heading towards a hundred episodes with millions of viewers - way more than the number who have read the comic book source material

Got any inside info or are you just telling us your preference? I'd prefer we get at least an Easter egg referencing a successful show heading towards a hundred episodes with millions of viewers - way more than the number who have read the comic book source material

So by that logic we need Kim Kardashian and Sheldon Cooper in this too?

So by that logic we need Kim Kardashian and Sheldon Cooper in this too?

It's been a while since I've been a regular comic reader, so please excuse my ignorance. Are they members of Power Pack?

The logic is that cameos and Easter eggs are for Marvel fans. Way more Marvel fans watch the TV shows than read the books. Ipso facto a reference to AOS would please more Marvel fans than a cameo or reference to a comic book character few fans would recognise, like say Professor Hortons artificial man in CA:TFA.

It's been a while since I've been a regular comic reader, so please excuse my ignorance. Are they members of Power Pack?

The logic is that cameos and Easter eggs are for Marvel fans. Way more Marvel fans watch the TV shows than read the books. Ipso facto a reference to AOS would please more Marvel fans than a cameo or reference to a comic book character few fans would recognise, like say Professor Hortons artificial man in CA:TFA.
Yeah let's belittle the source material now.

These movies are based on Marvel COMIC BOOK characters

Yeah let's belittle the source material now.

These movies are based on Marvel COMIC BOOK characters

No one is belittling anything. I've been reading Marvel comics for over four decades and have read many a digital trade over the past few years. But the fact remains that most folks consume their Marvel entertainment differently nowadays and there's no downside to improving ties between TV and the cinematic MCU, especially with so many important Marvel characters debuting on the small screen.

No one is belittling anything. I've been reading Marvel comics for over four decades and have read many a digital trade over the past few years. But the fact remains that most folks consume their Marvel entertainment differently nowadays and there's no downside to improving ties between TV and the cinematic MCU, especially with so many important Marvel characters debuting on the small screen.

There is a downside to having AoS characters in the big screen. The show is terrible, I love Marvel but I gave up on AoS because it is a considerable waste of time. I love the Netflix Marvel shows (aside from Iron Fist, and DD S:2 was a let down) I don't need to see the Defenders in Infinity War and absolutely don't want them putting Agents of Shield characters in Infinity War. Fury, Maria Hill, and Mr. Popped, locked and stopped guy will have to do for representing Shield.

The downside is pretty much everything about Agents of Shield is several steps down in quality from the movies, it'd be a bad fit.

There is a downside to having AoS characters in the big screen. The show is terrible, I love Marvel but I gave up on AoS because it is a considerable waste of time. I love the Netflix Marvel shows (aside from Iron Fist, and DD S:2 was a let down) I don't need to see the Defenders in Infinity War and absolutely don't want them putting Agents of Shield characters in Infinity War. Fury, Maria Hill, and Mr. Popped, locked and stopped guy will have to do for representing Shield.

The downside is pretty much everything about Agents of Shield is several steps down in quality from the movies, it'd be a bad fit.

Since you don't watch the show you don't have any frikkin idea where it stands in terms of quality in comparison to the movies. I watch both, so let me clue you in. This season AOS has been excellent and the characters on the show would be a fine fit in future MCU films. You're welcome.

Since you don't watch the show you don't have any frikkin idea where it stands in terms of quality in comparison to the movies. I watch both, so let me clue you in. This season AOS has been excellent and the characters on the show would be a fine fit in future MCU films. You're welcome.

I did watch the show, the entire first three seasons, so you can drop your condescending bs. It was just getting worse from season 2 to 3 so I decided to stop wasting my time on it.

Opinions may v=vary, general consensus doesn't. AOS S4 has the highest audience scores than every other comic book season this year par Legion. You can check Metacritic or RT if you don't believe.

It's considered the best season of the show and among the best cb seasons this year. Those are facts. Undisputable to be honest. I can call Godfather a turd, that doesn't change how it's viewed widely and by most people...

Opinions may v=vary, general consensus doesn't. AOS S4 has the highest audience scores than every other comic book season this year par Legion. You can check Metacritic or RT if you don't believe.

It's considered the best season of the show and among the best cb seasons this year. Those are facts. Undisputable to be honest. I can call Godfather a turd, that doesn't change how it's viewed widely and by most people...

Yeah, people forget that Agents of SHIELD is critically acclaimed. One of my lecturers at university even used a clip from it in a lecture about Current Issues in Film and Television last year, and they usually stick to examples from highly-regarded television shows and films.

Last edited:
Lets hope he really has his haircut from FA.
I can't see his Long hairs anymore.

Y'all are acting like they won't just have him in a wig or something.

If Bucky has his hair cut in Infinity War then I wonder if his hair will be identical to his appearance in First Avenger? If so then honestly I wouldn't be opposed to that at all

It honestly never made sense for him to have long hair in the first place, as it was only for aesthetic purposes. I always thought it'd be cool if he had a shaved head when he was the WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"