Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given all the chatter, sounds like trailer won't drop before Friday :(:(:(

Officially the latest second trailer ever.

Btw, off topic but Tomb Raider is actually a really solid, good movie. I'd highly recommend people to catch it in cinemas, surprisingly good and very very enjoyable.

yeah, dont know why it doesnt have much hype. Alicia Vikander really did a great job
Probably because it is a video game movie and we have yet to get an actual good one so far. I don't know if I will go to the theater but I will probably watch just because Goggins.

I've never seen a film in IMAX. I want to make this one an exception.

So, with this IMAX fever on, I need some help.

I recall seeing a 3D movie a long time ago, where the actors, the stuff POPPED out of the screen (example: if someone threw a spear at you, it actually came out of the screen AT you, so that you had to move your head).

Recently I watched 3D (Real 3D, I think) where there was DEPTH PERCEPTION, but the items never really flew OUT of the screen and on to the audience.

When someone says IMAX, for those who have seen it thus, does it fit the first description or the second?

Thanks!

How the Threat of Thanos Brings the Avengers and Black Panther Back Together in Infinity War

Spoilery stuff

It’s June 7, 2017, the 59th day of shooting Avengers: Infinity War at Atlanta’s Pinewood Studios, and Wakanda is getting crowded. We’re on the set, watching Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Rhodie (Don Cheadle), Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), Falcon (Anthony Mackie), Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), and Vision (Paul Bettany) land a Quinjet in the secretive African country, seeking the help of the Black Panther.

As they exit, King T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman), flanked by members of the Dora Milaje (including Okoye, played by Danai Gurira) walk up the platform to greet the heroes. Members of the Wakandan army walk onto the Quinjet to help a wounded Vision and Scarlet Witch off, because the Avengers have arrived in Wakanda to get help for the android and to bring a warning: Something big and purple is coming, and his name is Thanos (Josh Brolin).

Although set in Wakanda, the scene was shot on a studio backlot in Atlanta, which is the same exact place the Avengers last assembled, to shoot the massive airport battle in Captain America: Civil War. In fact, this time, much of the cast is the same, the directors (the Russo Brothers) are the same, even the writers (Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely) are the same. And yet, everything just has a much larger scope, because it’s Infinity War. The set for this one scene alone includes half a Quinjet, a massive platform with about 20-foot-high fencing on one side, and about 180 degrees of green screen that stands in for Wakanda.

“How big an assault?” T’Challa asks after the initial greeting.

“Quite an assault, sir,” Cap replies.

“Well, I have my King’s Guard. The Dora Milaje—” T’Challa says, but is interrupted off-screen.

“And a semi-stable 100-year-old man,” adds Bucky.

Bucky (Sebastian Stan) and Steve Rogers reunite with a hug. “How you doing, Buck?” Cap asks.

“Not bad. So… little green men?”

“Not little. Not green,” says Widow.

Falcon expresses some doubts about Bucky’s mental state. “I just want to make sure you aren’t going to snap when someone says ‘baloney sandwich,’” he jokes.

“Not baloney,” says Bucky.

“Eggplant? Rancho Cucamonga?” Falcon retorts, spouting off a few more improvised words in the process. Then he ends with...“I still hate you.”

Though this is day 59 of Infinity War’s seven-month shoot, this is the first day this many Marvel characters are on screen together in this movie, according to Mark Ruffalo, who sat down with reporters along with Chadwick Boseman last June. Boseman—who went directly from filming Black Panther, also in Atlanta, to filming Infinity War—explained how this scene happening in Wakanda makes sense for both the movie and the production.

“The difficulty in making a movie like this [is] you have to see the flavor of each one of [the characters],” Boseman said. “So... in this situation, you’re seeing them in my world. They’re in my world, so it’s interesting to have them enter our space, which is not something that happens all of the time. I think it’s important for us to give the flavor of Wakanda. And they’re really adjusting to our space, so that will be part of the fun of the movie.”

“There goes the neighborhood,” Ruffalo quipped.

All kidding aside, Boseman discussed how T’Challa and his fellow Wakandans are nervous that the Avengers have come to their country seeking help against Thanos—but they’re also understanding. “You have a world problem with Thanos,” Boseman explained. “So Wakanda is on the world stage and we’re obviously advanced in a way where we can help with the situation, so that is all that’s happening here.”

“[Banner’s] really trying to impress on everybody how dangerous [Thanos] is,” Ruffalo said. “He comes in screaming bloody murder. He’s seen what damage he can cause and how powerful he is—and the entire group is in disarray, so he’s also getting caught up on what’s happened here and is trying to get them to transcend their differences and impress upon them how much danger they’re actually facing.”

Facing that danger isn’t just Black Panther, Captain America, Black Widow, Rhodie, Bruce Banner, Falcon, Scarlett Witch, and Vision, though. There’s also Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Spider-Man (Tom Holland), Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), Ant-Man (Paul Rudd), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), the Guardians of the Galaxy, and maybe even Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) and Captain Marvel (Brie Larson, who had a mailbox on the Infinity War set despite no announcement her character would be in the movie, but more on that soon). All of those characters will be needed to defeat the Thanos, making Infinity War a beyond-massive undertaking.

“There’s no way to overcome what they’re facing without, in some way, coming to terms with their differences and embracing their diversity,” Ruffalo said. “That’s essentially a core value of the film and that together, only together, can they triumph.”

But this is just scratching the surface of the film. We’ll have much more from the set of Avengers: Infinity War in the coming days, including interviews with directors the Russo Brothers, writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, and actors Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Danai Gurira, Don Cheadle, Elizabeth Olsen, and others.

Yeesh. That
Bucky and Falcon exchange
sounds so Whedony.

Sounds like
Hulk gets his shih wrecked by Thanos

Sounds like
Hulk gets his shih wrecked by Thanos

Could be right. My question is...
How does Banner come to understand how big of a threat Thanos is? Does this mean Banner (not Hulk) witnesses Thor getting trashed on the spaceship before he hits Strange’s crib?

I've never seen a film in IMAX. I want to make this one an exception.

Like most IMAX releases, it's going to be a digital IMAX movie... which is not going to show off the whole screen.

If you saw Dunkirk in IMAX that would have been the perfect example of the size.

wXhBeX8.jpg

The fact that it's entirely shot in the digital imax is nice. It's not film IMAX but the quality is still good. Luckily the nyc Lincoln Square IMAX has a laser projector for the digital films so it's still a lot of bang for the buck. It's not Nolan stuff but still great.

That exchange felt very Civil War to me, so I'm okay with it. Those two had some of my favorite lines in the film.

Re: Banner
He must change back or he remembers because he wasn't Hulk for very long prior to changing.

How the Threat of Thanos Brings the Avengers and Black Panther Back Together in Infinity War

Spoilery stuff

It’s June 7, 2017, the 59th day of shooting Avengers: Infinity War at Atlanta’s Pinewood Studios, and Wakanda is getting crowded. We’re on the set, watching Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson), Rhodie (Don Cheadle), Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), Falcon (Anthony Mackie), Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), and Vision (Paul Bettany) land a Quinjet in the secretive African country, seeking the help of the Black Panther.

As they exit, King T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman), flanked by members of the Dora Milaje (including Okoye, played by Danai Gurira) walk up the platform to greet the heroes. Members of the Wakandan army walk onto the Quinjet to help a wounded Vision and Scarlet Witch off, because the Avengers have arrived in Wakanda to get help for the android and to bring a warning: Something big and purple is coming, and his name is Thanos (Josh Brolin).

Although set in Wakanda, the scene was shot on a studio backlot in Atlanta, which is the same exact place the Avengers last assembled, to shoot the massive airport battle in Captain America: Civil War. In fact, this time, much of the cast is the same, the directors (the Russo Brothers) are the same, even the writers (Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely) are the same. And yet, everything just has a much larger scope, because it’s Infinity War. The set for this one scene alone includes half a Quinjet, a massive platform with about 20-foot-high fencing on one side, and about 180 degrees of green screen that stands in for Wakanda.

“How big an assault?” T’Challa asks after the initial greeting.

“Quite an assault, sir,” Cap replies.

“Well, I have my King’s Guard. The Dora Milaje—” T’Challa says, but is interrupted off-screen.

“And a semi-stable 100-year-old man,” adds Bucky.

Bucky (Sebastian Stan) and Steve Rogers reunite with a hug. “How you doing, Buck?” Cap asks.

“Not bad. So… little green men?”

“Not little. Not green,” says Widow.

Falcon expresses some doubts about Bucky’s mental state. “I just want to make sure you aren’t going to snap when someone says ‘baloney sandwich,’” he jokes.

“Not baloney,” says Bucky.

“Eggplant? Rancho Cucamonga?” Falcon retorts, spouting off a few more improvised words in the process. Then he ends with...“I still hate you.”

Though this is day 59 of Infinity War’s seven-month shoot, this is the first day this many Marvel characters are on screen together in this movie, according to Mark Ruffalo, who sat down with reporters along with Chadwick Boseman last June. Boseman—who went directly from filming Black Panther, also in Atlanta, to filming Infinity War—explained how this scene happening in Wakanda makes sense for both the movie and the production.

“The difficulty in making a movie like this [is] you have to see the flavor of each one of [the characters],” Boseman said. “So... in this situation, you’re seeing them in my world. They’re in my world, so it’s interesting to have them enter our space, which is not something that happens all of the time. I think it’s important for us to give the flavor of Wakanda. And they’re really adjusting to our space, so that will be part of the fun of the movie.”

“There goes the neighborhood,” Ruffalo quipped.

All kidding aside, Boseman discussed how T’Challa and his fellow Wakandans are nervous that the Avengers have come to their country seeking help against Thanos—but they’re also understanding. “You have a world problem with Thanos,” Boseman explained. “So Wakanda is on the world stage and we’re obviously advanced in a way where we can help with the situation, so that is all that’s happening here.”

“[Banner’s] really trying to impress on everybody how dangerous [Thanos] is,” Ruffalo said. “He comes in screaming bloody murder. He’s seen what damage he can cause and how powerful he is—and the entire group is in disarray, so he’s also getting caught up on what’s happened here and is trying to get them to transcend their differences and impress upon them how much danger they’re actually facing.”

Facing that danger isn’t just Black Panther, Captain America, Black Widow, Rhodie, Bruce Banner, Falcon, Scarlett Witch, and Vision, though. There’s also Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Spider-Man (Tom Holland), Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), Ant-Man (Paul Rudd), Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), the Guardians of the Galaxy, and maybe even Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) and Captain Marvel (Brie Larson, who had a mailbox on the Infinity War set despite no announcement her character would be in the movie, but more on that soon). All of those characters will be needed to defeat the Thanos, making Infinity War a beyond-massive undertaking.

“There’s no way to overcome what they’re facing without, in some way, coming to terms with their differences and embracing their diversity,” Ruffalo said. “That’s essentially a core value of the film and that together, only together, can they triumph.”

But this is just scratching the surface of the film. We’ll have much more from the set of Avengers: Infinity War in the coming days, including interviews with directors the Russo Brothers, writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, and actors Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Danai Gurira, Don Cheadle, Elizabeth Olsen, and others.

Thanks for that. Really exciting to read possible parts of all the potential interactions.

Could be right. My question is...
How does Banner come to understand how big of a threat Thanos is? Does this mean Banner (not Hulk) witnesses Thor getting trashed on the spaceship before he hits Strange’s crib?

Could be that Hulk get's beaten to the point that he turns back into Banner. Or Banner can simply be on the same page as the Hulk and starts to remember what happens around him paving the way to a much smart Hulk with more of Banner personality. O Ebony Maw is able to subdue the Hulk with his mind tricks. Scarlet Witch was able to do so before...

I just quote the importante and relevant stuff.

Hulk Is Terrified By Thanos In 'Avengers: Infinity War'

"Banner knows probably more about Thanos than anybody," Ruffalo said. "He's really trying to impress on everybody how dangerous he is. It's a little bit of a Chicken Little. He comes in screaming, 'Bloody murder!' He's seen what damage [Thanos] can cause and how powerful he is. The entire group is in disarray, so there's also getting caught up on what's happened here. He's trying to get them to transcend their differences and impress upon them how much danger they're actually facing."

"The Hulk is also mightily impressed by Thanos," Ruffalo adds. Luckily, the Hulk's ability to communicate and think will continue to progress as was evident in his last Marvel Cinematic Universe appearance. "The division between Hulk and Banner is starting to blur a little bit," Ruffalo said. "You have a Hulk that can actually express himself without being angry." Such skills will come in handy when teaming up with new friends like the Black Panther and his Wakandan nation.
http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03/12/avengers-infinity-war-hulk-fight-thanos-ruffalo-/

Great to hear on Hulk's expressiveness. They made good progress on that front in Ragnarok.

Could be that Hulk get's beaten to the point that he turns back into Banner. Or Banner can simply be on the same page as the Hulk and starts to remember what happens around him paving the way to a much smart Hulk with more of Banner personality. O Ebony Maw is able to subdue the Hulk with his mind tricks. Scarlet Witch was able to do so before...

Yeah ever since Ragnarok, I've been wondering if they plan on ever going down the route of the "Professor" Hulk from the comics.

These set visits reports that dropped today where kinda weak. Not really much great stuff to dig into.

Looks like comicbook.com just copy/pasted things from that i09 story. Kings of clickbait. :funny:

It's basically the same story for everyone covering the set report. I tried and see if i could get some more nuggets of information from different outlets but's it's all the same really.

This is my favorite look for him too.

I hope the tickets go on sale at a decent hour so I can jump on them quickly. I usually don't go to midnight showings anymore, but I'm making an exception.

He is missing the circle things on his torso.

These set visits reports that dropped today where kinda weak. Not really much great stuff to dig into.
I'm guessing more articles will be released over the next few days leading up to Friday's ticket sales/presumed trailer release.

I'm thinking Banner is terrified of Thanos because he sees Thanos murder the Asgardian refugees. In the trailer we can see Loki walking through the wrecked inside of the refugee ship and there are Asgardian corpses around him. So Thanos shows up, merciless and brutally kills the last of the Asgardians and Heimdall. Thor gets blown into space and Banner thinks he is dead. And maybe when Hulk tries to attack Thanos Maw turns Hulk back into Banner which makes Banner think that Hulk is unable to fight Thanos. All that awful traumatic **** happening so suddenly would scare the **** out of anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"