Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - Part 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many articles ran with it as if he did say that, but the truth is he basically has just said his contract with Marvel is over after Avengers 4. No concrete answer on this.

Oh right, that doesn't really mean too much then. If he dies then that will likely be it but if the character is alive it's up to Marvel if they want to pay him enough to return and that is a decision he can make later depending on his circumstances at the time. If he was alive I'd love for him to come back even as an older man and veteran if he wanted a long break.

tumblr_inline_p7nbn9W5jx1r5vxkh_500.gif

Oh right, that doesn't really mean too much then. If he dies then that will likely be it but if the character is alive it's up to Marvel if they want to pay him enough to return and that is a decision he can make later depending on his circumstances at the time. If he was alive I'd love for him to come back even as an older man and veteran if he wanted a long break.

This is exactly how I look at it. Evans very well maybe done after Avengers 4, and he may say he is done for now. But that might change in a few years, so why slam that door shut? I say leave it cracked open in the event he changes his mind or gets a fat paycheck :cap:

Guys what’s this I’m reading with Frosty? Did he have some beef on Twitter?

Apparently an actor from the film that he was interviewing(most likely Anthony Mackie given the history between the two) went off on Frosty and it got so bad that the studio apologized to him and pulled a few cards to make sure footage from that interview was never released.

Last edited:
I think my current record was for The Avengers. Between when it was out and marathons it was included in, I probably saw it like 7 times. Possibly 8, LOL!

My record was TLJ 4 months ago. 8 viewings at the cinema. Loved it every single one.

I have 5 booked for IW so far - 4 of which are on OW (26th, 27th, 28th and 29th). Can't wait to experience it!

If we're talking records... back when I was young and single and had money to spend, I saw Spider-Man 2 27 times in the theater. Now-a-days, I'm lucky if I catch a movie twice in theaters.

This is exactly how I look at it. Evans very well maybe done after Avengers 4, and he may say he is done for now. But that might change in a few years, so why slam that door shut? I say leave it cracked open in the event he changes his mind or gets a fat paycheck :cap:

Yeah, the future is not totally predictable. Anything can and often does happen.

If we're talking records... back when I was young and single and had money to spend, I saw Spider-Man 2 27 times in the theater. Now-a-days, I'm lucky if I catch a movie twice in theaters.

27? Bloody Hell! That is next level lol.

Apparently an actor from the film that he was interviewing(most likely Anthony Mackie given the history between the two) went off on Frosty and it got so bad that the studio apologized to him and pulled a few cards to make sure footage from that interview was never released.

Thanks. Yeah Mackie seems very arrogant at times.

Any stand out characters? I don’t know much on them.

If they use Thanos to tie-in to the Eternals, and thus cover the Titan branch of the Eternals, Thanos' brother Starfox (complete opposite of Thanos, as in he's not a serial killer) was an Avenger for awhile. He played a big part in lead up to Infinity Gauntlet and also he was in the Galactic Storm event and part of the Kree war.

I think Nova will be on the cards in Phase 4 or Phase 5 at the latest.

If they use Thanos to tie-in to the Eternals, and thus cover the Titan branch of the Eternals, Thanos' brother Starfox (complete opposite of Thanos, as in he's not a serial killer) was an Avenger for awhile. He played a big part in lead up to Infinity Gauntlet and also he was in the Galactic Storm event and part of the Kree war.

Also, Neil Gaiman wrote a short Eternals series in the mid-2000's that was pretty good. God, I need to reread it, its been a decade. Anyway, lots of interesting characters in it, too:

https://comicstore.marvel.com/Eternals-By-Neil-Gaiman/digital-comic/24988

Feige confirms Marvel is in the early stages of discussing an Eternals movie...

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/23/17271012/marvel-kevin-feige-eternals-movie

I trust Feige, but The Eternals are a reaaalllly weird choice for a movie. They're like the Inhumans' even more obscure cousins. So yeah, pretty obscure.

The only way for it to work is for Marvel to lean into crazy Kirby aesthetics even harder than Ragnarok, and if that's what they've got planned, I'm all about it. Same thing goes for the 'Fourth World' movie that WB is trying to develop. The most interesting thing about these properties is the visual stamp of The King.

I think Nova will be on the cards in Phase 4 or Phase 5 at the latest.

Almost guaranteed it'll be the Sam Alexander version.

Sucks, cause I'd really like to see a New Warriors movie at some point.

I hope Eternals and Fourth World open the same year, like BvS vs Civil War. I like chaos :hehe:

I trust Feige, but The Eternals are a reaaalllly weird choice for a movie. They're like the Inhumans' even more obscure cousins. So yeah, pretty obscure.

The only way for it to work is for Marvel to lean into crazy Kirby aesthetics even harder than Ragnarok, and if that's what they've got planned, I'm all about it. Same thing goes for the 'Fourth World' movie that WB is trying to develop. The most interesting thing about these properties is the visual stamp of The King.

I agree with you, it really is a weird choice, but I sort of, maybe, get what Feige is doing. It's like the Beatles with Sgt. Peppers, or U2 with Achtung Baby, trying to break the mold and not get shoehorned into one tone when they can reinvent themselves and maybe last longer. The MCU is at the top, with Infinity War the Joshua Tree level album. So to stay relevant, they need to go different instead of competing with what they've already done. Which, with Feige shifting focus to the cosmic side of Marvel, sounds like he's trying to do. At least this is what I think he's trying to do, could be off-base, here.

And yeah, it would be different, but it would be kind of cool to see Marvel go full Kirby. I think Gunn and Waititi in particular would shine at it.

While it may be a weird choice, I don't find Eternals any weirder a choice than the Guardians or Ant Man - and those both have done quite well...

I agree with you, it really is a weird choice, but I sort of, maybe, get what Feige is doing. It's like the Beatles with Sgt. Peppers, or U2 with Achtung Baby, trying to break the mold and not get shoehorned into one tone when they can reinvent themselves and maybe last longer. The MCU is at the top, with Infinity War the Joshua Tree level album. So to stay relevant, they need to go different instead of competing with what they've already done. Which, with Feige shifting focus to the cosmic side of Marvel, sounds like he's trying to do. At least this is what I think he's trying to do, could be off-base, here.

And yeah, it would be different, but it would be kind of cool to see Marvel go full Kirby. I think Gunn and Waititi in particular would shine at it.
To me it feels like they want to try a bit of everything and eke out success in as many different genre types and settings as possible. The way Guardians suddenly expanded the scope and potential of the MCU with cosmic elements, outright comedy and the ability to even make good use of use no-names which would bring to life their catalogue of hundreds of lower tier characters and properties is a route to long term domination if they can make it work.

I don't think they're going to give up what they're good at. Keep doing that well (as in I expect Avengers films and new traditional badass solo heroes to keep continuing long term) but build many more areas for growth around it to support the future. They will be able to get a big base of fans who watch everything and can get many of the different things they're looking for all within the MCU and an ongoing persistent environment. The GA seems to find that rewarding and I think it's almost investing in yourself when you watch something that has a long term future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"