Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 29

Just wondering, is Avengers 4 gonna be a completely separate film from Infinity War hence why it won't be called Infinity War part 2?

Tough to say if they will resolve the effects of the snap immediately and move to a new threat or if the whole movie is just a continuation. They’ve said it’s not a “Part 2” which is why they changed the title but I can’t imagine it’s not more connected than Ultron was to the first Avengers.

Tough to say if they will resolve the effects of the snap immediately and move to a new threat.

That would be some major anticlimactic s#!t. And a mistake.

Came across this and the potential foreshadowing is pretty damn cool if the Russos actually had this in mind when they made Civil War and Infinity War. Spoilers obviously.

[Yt]tHkzUJ_Sj5Q[/MEDIA]

I'll spoiler tag my own discussion about something the Norn said.

The Norn in the deleted scene say the Six can not be joined or kept apart. I dont think they are just talking about the stones.

Who are the primary Avengers? Thor, Hulk, Cap, Widow, Iron Man, and Hawkeye. They are always going their separate ways to do their own thing but they always find their way back together when its necessary. Who are the primary survivors of Infinity War? The original 6 Avengers. The six Avengers and 6 Infinity Stones.

Then I thought about what the Collector showed the Guardians back in GOTG 1. He showed them a group of beings uniting to wield the power stone together. And later we see the Guardians unite to wield the Power Stone to destroy Ronan.

Idk how but I think that's where this is all going. Thats the Avengers' destiny. Somehow someway the 6 Avengers are going to wield the 6 infinity stones together and use them to kill Thanos and undo his destruction.

Last edited:
I hope you’re wrong. With the exception of Cap and Banner, all the Avengers are normal humans. They shouldn’t be able to wield that kind of power.

I hope you’re wrong. With the exception of Cap and Banner, all the Avengers are normal humans. They shouldn’t be able to wield that kind of power.

Forgot Thor.

Came across this and the potential foreshadowing is pretty damn cool if the Russos actually had this in mind when they made Civil War and Infinity War. Spoilers obviously.

[Yt]tHkzUJ_Sj5Q[/MEDIA]

I'll spoiler tag my own discussion about something the Norn said.

The Norn in the deleted scene say the Six can not be joined or kept apart. I dont think they are just talking about the stones.

Who are the primary Avengers? Thor, Hulk, Cap, Widow, Iron Man, and Hawkeye. They are always going their separate ways to do their own thing but they always find their way back together when its necessary. Who are the primary survivors of Infinity War? The original 6 Avengers. The six Avengers and 6 Infinity Stones.

Then I thought about what the Collector showed the Guardians back in GOTG 1. He showed them a group of beings uniting to wield the power stone together. And later we see the Guardians unite to wield the Power Stone to destroy Ronan.

Idk how but I think that's where this is all going. Thats the Avengers' destiny. Somehow someway the 6 Avengers are going to wield the 6 infinity stones together and use them to kill Thanos and undo his destruction.

I am starting to lean this way myself.

So are we starting to think there is some significance to having 6 stones and 6 original Avengers? Me do...

Fun exercise, but if they go this direction, which stone do you think fits each Avenger best? I say:

Hulk = Power (he is raw power after all)
Thor = Space (the bifrost he now wields is like the Tesseract in a way)
Captain America = Time (man out of time)
Iron Man = Mind (he is the inventor)
Hawkeye = Soul (per AoU, he sort of was the team's heart in their time of need)
Black Widow = Reality (she is a spy with man personas!)

What say you?

Just wondering, is Avengers 4 gonna be a completely separate film from Infinity War hence why it won't be called Infinity War part 2?

I don’t think it’ll be a completely separate film from Infinity War, i think these two will be the most similar out of any two MCU movies.

Fun exercise, but if they go this direction, which stone do you think fits each Avenger best? I say:

Hulk = Power (he is raw power after all)
Thor = Space (the bifrost he now wields is like the Tesseract in a way)
Captain America = Time (man out of time)
Iron Man = Mind (he is the inventor)
Hawkeye = Soul (per AoU, he sort of was the team's heart in their time of need)
Black Widow = Reality (she is a spy with man personas!)

What say you?

I think each of them controlling a stone and taking turns attacking Thano's would be cool.

I wonder how long it will take to get the snap characters back. Is the film going to feel smaller scale till we get to that point?

My guess is everything is undone at the end and they only come back then.

My guess is everything is undone at the end and they only come back then.

It might feel a bit more like a standard Avengers-scale film rather than IW-scale film then, until the end. I don't know if I'd rewatch it quite as many times in that case.

It might feel a bit more like a standard Avengers-scale film rather than IW-scale film then, until the end. I don't know if I'd rewatch it quite as many times in that case.

At the end of the day though, this is a conclusion to the OG Avengers, so I think it makes sense to do it that way. Once they save the day one last time, then they can go do whatever they plan on retiring to and pass the torch to the newbies. Also, you cannot spend 1 movie building up to a specific moment only to undo it before the climax. The climax will have to be the final confrontation to undo everything.

At the end of the day though, this is a conclusion to the OG Avengers, so I think it makes sense to do it that way. Once they save the day one last time, then they can go do whatever they plan on retiring to and pass the torch to the newbies. Also, you cannot spend 1 movie building up to a specific moment only to undo it before the climax. The climax will have to be the final confrontation to undo everything.

It makes perfect sense. Just doesn't seem as epic as Lord of the Rings any more. This would be like having RotK be just Frodo's story (with Sam and Gollum, which would also make sense) with nearly all the huge battles taking place in FotR and TTT. And then just have the battle right at the end with no Minas Tirith scene in the middle. Oh well.

The thing about the six Avengers wielding the six stones is where do Captain Marvel and Ant-Man/Wasp fit into all of it? Rocket too. I think Nebula might end up with the Gauntlet like in the comics.

It makes perfect sense. Just doesn't seem as epic as Lord of the Rings any more. This would be like having RotK be just Frodo's story (with Sam and Gollum, which would also make sense) with nearly all the huge battles taking place in FotR and TTT. And then just have the battle right at the end with no Minas Tirith scene in the middle. Oh well.

I don't prescribe to that. It's about the quality of the story and the scope. Yeah it may not have quite the character quantity, but the story is likely spanning a whole multiverse. I see it easily being more epic.

I don't prescribe to that. It's about the quality of the story and the scope. Yeah it may not have quite the character quantity, but the story is likely spanning a whole multiverse. I see it easily being more epic.
It's not for you to prescribe to, it's my own view. ;) The multiverse is only of interest where it's populated by characters we care about. If Thanos kills 1 main Avenger it has a big impact. If he wipes out the rest of the universe of faceless/nameless characters I'll probably raise my eyebrow and think hmmm, and that will be as far as it goes. It's not character quantity like having more soldiers on the battlefield. We're talking characters like Black Panther, Spider-man, Dr Strange, most of the Guardians, and even more minor supporting character that we care about. Lord of the Rings is the story of Frodo and Sam, the Ring and Gollum primarily but that is not enough to make it one of the most epic books and film series ever. Everything else contributes to how epic the whole thing is because in the midst of all those other battles and events all over the place you have many characters you very much care about.

I expect a Back to the Future Part II vibe mixed with what Evangeline Lilly said that part 4 feels like the 4th season of Lost, but instead of time travel is going to be about alternate realities. That's my guess.

I guess we are getting quite a few characters back who had sat out IW so there will still be plenty going on.

time travel or alternate realities, either way I hope they manage to ground it somehow

Yeah, sorry, I had kind of forgotten about them lol. They will need a good dose of screentime and focus in the buildup to the huge events later and as I wanted it will mean a lot of things going on between different groups of characters that we care about. Between the original 6 and other survivors and the characters who were missing in IW and the likes of Cap Marvel to be introduced, that's plenty.

tumblr_p918caLGy81rhwyuio1_1280.jpg

Hehe this is awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"