Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avengers 4 or has Captain Marvel started filming?
tumblr_p34m2dd2sv1w8xetso1_1280.jpg

I thought that was from the Captain Marvel set? I don't think that's her final costume.

Haven't they wrapped as well? Reshoots surely wouldn't be for a bit, right?

I thought that was from the Captain Marvel set? I don't think that's her final costume.

Agreed. Concept art last year had her in the red & blues and more form fitting costume.

This more likely a nod to the original Captain Marvel's first costume:
2615073-captain_mar_vell__1_.jpg

Last edited:
As much as I like the red (and I'm sure we'll get it), this suit adds a new color to the group which is neat. Almost everyone else is smothered in red.

How popular/well known is Captain Marvel in the Marvel comic book world?

In fact, I should ask as well as to how popular or well known are the likes of Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man?

That Cap Marvel suit definitely has some 90's vibes now that i think about it. And since the movie is gonna be in that period, then things make more sense... the homage to the earlier costume from the comics also seems evident now that is has been mentioned. Her suit will likely evolve to the more distinct colors.

It doesn't make sense whatsoever to put Thanos in that list. Neither does Kylo Ren for that matter. At least in my view... Thanos hasn't done a thing yet. And Kylo? Seriously... there's no 20 villains in the hole of cinema history better than him? Come on.

A little off topic
DUKAoIqW0AE60SJ.jpg

Last edited:
The green suit for Danvers is probably from when she just starts out working with Mar-vell. We know she has the red, yellow, blue one.

As much as I like the red (and I'm sure we'll get it), this suit adds a new color to the group which is neat. Almost everyone else is smothered in red.
It wouldn't be bad if they weren't all the same shade of red. Burgundy like dark red and navy blue. Wasp, Ant-Man, and Danver's suits are the same shades along with Cap.

It doesn't make sense whatsoever to put Thanos in that list. Neither does Kylo Ren for that matter. At least in my view... Thanos hasn't done a thing yet. And Kylo? Seriously... there's no 20 villains in the hole of cinema history better than him? Come on.

Thanos was not ON the list. He was just on the cover. People should seriously at least try and read the links and the stories first before commenting.

Agreed. Koba was a better villain than Kylo.

Is anyone resentful that black panther got what is essentially materializing suits out of nowhere before Stark, or is everyone fine with it?

I remember people were excited that was going to happen in Iron Man 3 when we heard they were using extremist. But alas. We got a reimagination of extremist and Black Panther got the materializing costume.

Last edited:
Yes, because he changed his mind on what he wanted to do with Nebula's origin, and the comic contradicted that. Prior to that, he was the one who actually asked Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning to write the prequel in the first place.

Sure, but that's not what we're discussing. Your claim was that James Gunn essenetially said all the MCU comics were non-canon, which is something he demonstratively did not say.

In absolutist terms? No, he didn't explicitly say that. He did however demonstrate just how little weight is attached to the comic continuity and how readily it can be tossed aside. If it is canon it's in the absolute loosest sense, which is why anything in there should be taken with a pinch of salt.

If it is canon

There's no "if." Marvel themselves puts them out and the writer on the Infinity War prequel just mentioned this week working with the studio on the comic. What happened with Gunn was an exception because, once again, he changed his mind about a plot detail several years after the fact. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

Is anyone resentful that black panther got what is essentially materializing suits out of nowhere before Stark, or is everyone fine with it?.

It doesn't bother me. He actually had the materializing out of nowhere suit before Stark in the comics.

IMG_9041.png

It also seems like Tony is going to have something similar in IW via that sweatsuit he's apparently wearing the whole movie.

Is anyone resentful that black panther got what is essentially materializing suits out of nowhere before Stark, or is everyone fine with it?

I remember people were excited that was going to happen in Iron Man 3 when we heard they were using extremist. But alas. We got a reimagination of extremist and Black Panther got the materializing costume.
Why? Considering Wakanda is a more technologically-advanced country than the US and they have Vibranium, it's not surprising. Plus, BP had those types of suits in the comics before Stark so most people are okay with it.

There's no "if." Marvel themselves puts them out and the writer on the Infinity War prequel just mentioned this week working with the studio on the comic. What happened with Gunn was an exception because, once again, he changed his mind about a plot detail several years after the fact. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.

I just clarified my point for you and instead of accepting it you made an argument out of "if". I really don't think you of all people is in a position to be complaining about someone "arguing for the sake of arguing".

You guys listen to the latest Happy Sad Confused podcast? Had the Russo’s and Joe hinted
that there’s a five minute scene in CIVIL WAR that introduces a piece of technology for a specific reason and may hint a certain direction in INFINITY WAR.
Only thing I can think of is
that device that Zemo used to shut down a region of the city’s power in Berlin so he could get to Bucky w/o interference. Is there another technology I’m missing?

You guys listen to the latest Happy Sad Confused podcast? Had the Russo’s and Joe hinted
that there’s a five minute scene in CIVIL WAR that introduces a piece of technology for a specific reason and may hint a certain direction in INFINITY WAR.
Only thing I can think of is
that device that Zemo used to shut down a region of the city’s power in Berlin so he could get to Bucky w/o interference. Is there another technology I’m missing?

What about the tech Tony used on stage earlier in the film doing that presentation where we saw a live projected image on stage of his memories and his younger self.

What about the tech Tony used on stage earlier in the film doing that presentation where we saw a live projected image on stage of his memories and his younger self.
That's what we've been saying. [blackout]B.A.R.F.[/blackout] That's almost certainly it, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"