Infinity War The Avengers: Infinity War The Official News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
But were the pics that hinted at that not from Avengers 4 and not Infinity War? I suppose it could be in both...

Thanos was not ON the list. He was just on the cover. People should seriously at least try and read the links and the stories first before commenting.
Well then it was a very misleading cover.

Avengers 4 or has Captain Marvel started filming?
tumblr_p34m2dd2sv1w8xetso1_1280.jpg

Is it bad if I say I like this one more than the red and blue one, LOL?

Is anyone resentful that black panther got what is essentially materializing suits out of nowhere before Stark, or is everyone fine with it?

I remember people were excited that was going to happen in Iron Man 3 when we heard they were using extremist. But alas. We got a reimagination of extremist and Black Panther got the materializing costume.

I don't think so. The materializing costume isn't something Iron Man is famous for, it's just a cool thing people wanted to see no matter who did it.
Maybe even go a step further and let Shuri give Stark the technology.
That is, if he doesn't already have it. His regular suit in the trailer looks suspicious and even Peter got from the bus to the battle really quickly in his new suit.

I don't think so. The materializing costume isn't something Iron Man is famous for, it's just a cool thing people wanted to see no matter who did it.
Maybe even go a step further and let Shuri give Stark the technology.
That is, if he doesn't already have it. His regular suit in the trailer looks suspicious and even Peter got from the bus to the battle really quickly in his new suit.

Stark should be making his own technology.

If the new space suit does in fact materialize from within or from the new arc reactor, then he should be the one to develop it.

I really don't think you of all people is in a position to be complaining

Pfft. It's a message board. If I weren't here to complain I don't know what I'd be doing here.

If the new space suit does in fact materialize from within or from the new arc reactor, then he should be the one to develop it.

He's shown working on the new suit in the prequel comic, so that is likely all him.

tnOmXpR.jpg

I am guessing that chest piece thingie is where the suit comes out, since this seems to be an adaptation of his Model Prime armor from the comics.

latest

Last edited:
Pfft. It's a message board. If I weren't here to complain I don't know what I'd be doing here.

He's shown working on the new suit in the prequel comic, so that is likely all him.

tnOmXpR.jpg

I am guessing that chest piece thingie is where the suit comes out, since this seems to be an adaptation of his Model Prime armor from the comics.

Agreed, I doubt he even gets to meet Shuri or anyone from Wakanda, by the looks of the set photos and some spoilery talk and videos.

I need to pick up that comic. Thanks for posting the scans and that rundown. :cwink:

tumblr_nzhhia21pq1sc0ffqo1_500.gif

I didn't mean it like that, it's just that the Stark I know likes exchanging ideas and working with others when it comes to science (Reed, Pym, Banner...)

What about the tech Tony used on stage earlier in the film doing that presentation where we saw a live projected image on stage of his memories and his younger self.

That's what we've been saying. [blackout]B.A.R.F.[/blackout] That's almost certainly it, imo.
Ah, true. Checking for clues isn’t a bad idea. We do see
Ant-Man there with them though so are they all there? Etc.

how big of a role does BP/Wakanda have in the film? I know it's pivotal, but does it mean a lot of screentime?

Pretty crazy that Chadwick spent all of 2017 shooting 3 films as T'Challa

That's what we've been saying. [blackout]B.A.R.F.[/blackout] That's almost certainly it, imo.

Yeah makes the most sense.

Also side note I haven’t been following lately really, but did Fiege or anyone ever elaborate more on the 8 year time gap issue from a Homecoming? I was re-watching the film the other night and it stuck out to me once again. Wasn’t sure if anything has been clarified or cleared up/explained since then.

Yeah makes the most sense.
Also side note I haven’t been following lately really, but did Fiege or anyone ever elaborate more on the 8 year time gap issue from a Homecoming? I was re-watching the film the other night and it stuck out to me once again. Wasn’t sure if anything has been clarified or cleared up/explained since then.

"All of that debate has made us go, ‘Okay, at some point, I’m not sure exactly when, we’re going to publish a timeline and see what it all is.’ It wasn’t meant to flummox anybody exactly, and I’m not sure I’d do it again the same way, but it does all connect to where we placed it. Other than very particular instances where there’s a newspaper, or verbal reference to years, we never date the films. And I think there’s a presumption, ‘Well if the movie came out in November 2017, it must take place in November 2017’ — which is not the case.”

“The specifics of the timeline, looking at… I’ve loved timelines, I love the Star Wars timeline, with the Battle of Yavin, everything is either After The Battle Of Yavin, Before The Battle of Yavin. We’re doing that, and the origin point for us is Tony saying, ‘I am Iron Man.’ So everything will be years after that, years before that — to the Big Bang, which is where it starts! It will look very cool and complex like Doc Brown on a chalkboard by the time it’s published.”

https://heroichollywood.com/kevin-feige-spider-man-homecoming-mcu/

-Kevin Feige

"All of that debate has made us go, ‘Okay, at some point, I’m not sure exactly when, we’re going to publish a timeline and see what it all is.’ It wasn’t meant to flummox anybody exactly, and I’m not sure I’d do it again the same way, but it does all connect to where we placed it. Other than very particular instances where there’s a newspaper, or verbal reference to years, we never date the films. And I think there’s a presumption, ‘Well if the movie came out in November 2017, it must take place in November 2017’ — which is not the case.”

“The specifics of the timeline, looking at… I’ve loved timelines, I love the Star Wars timeline, with the Battle of Yavin, everything is either After The Battle Of Yavin, Before The Battle of Yavin. We’re doing that, and the origin point for us is Tony saying, ‘I am Iron Man.’ So everything will be years after that, years before that — to the Big Bang, which is where it starts! It will look very cool and complex like Doc Brown on a chalkboard by the time it’s published.”

https://heroichollywood.com/kevin-feige-spider-man-homecoming-mcu/

-Kevin Feige

Thanks man, I’ve already seen this actually. Wasn’t sure if they’d updated anything since or done the new timeline. Wondering when we will get it.

Thanks man, I’ve already seen this actually. Wasn’t sure if they’d updated anything since or done the new timeline. Wondering when we will get it.

You're welcome! :)
I'm guessing that they'll wait until Phase 3 is finished. There will most likely be a complete MCU box set with the home release of A4. That'd be a good opportunity to release an official timeline.

I honestly think its pretty pointless to criticize set photos. I can't remember a single superhero costume that looked great from leaks. Hell I even remember back in 2011 when people where crapping on Bane in those leaked TDKR set photos, because Tom Hardy looked really small. They obviously did some modifications/adjustments for him in the actual movie which I do think worked well and I doubt it will be any different for Captain Marvel. I do like the suit btw and am very much looking forward to Brie Larson's take on the character.

Last edited:
Could be a comfort thing to make it a bit looser in shoot and then tighten it up in post.

Yeah. It's very likely a stunt suit. All of the stunt suits tend to look ****ty when it gets down to details.

Can almost guarantee it'll look more sleek & "superhero-y" on film.

So Disney has confirmed that they are airing two spots during the Superbowl. One is going to be 30 seconds and another is going to be 45 seconds. Now, while they haven't said which movies they will be promoting I'm pretty sure one will be for IW. Deadline has already said that BP will have multiple commercials during the SB aswell as the Lexus tie in ads.

When is the Superbowl? I don't watch sports but I don't want to miss the spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"