The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Illya Salkind's Superman 3, Supergirl's spaceship crash-lands in Colu and she is adopted as a baby by Brainiac. As she grows up, Brainiac starts having the hots for her and tries to force her into marriage. Supergirl, who, at his point, considers Brainiac to be her father, escapes to Earth to avoid him, but he pursues her and coherces her into becoming his lover by turning Superman, who, in this version, is Supergirl's boyfriend, evil using a machine.

:doh::doh::doh: barn dance music just ran through my head.

Ok just keep the discussion in the dc threads...that was the old DC tho right? if so that idea's gone.

Hmmm, interesting. I disagree with that to an extent but whatever, I'm not here to ruffle any feathers so I don't really care :D
I find it funny that superhero forums are a hotspot for arguments and name calling, when in fact if any of us met in real life we would hit it off instantly hahaha.
That being said, that's a great drawing Vartha. How long did that take you?
that is simply not true! i take pride in my ability to be a jerk and not befriend people

the Inked drawing was get well card for a friend from the Marvel boards who had a stroke. He knew alot about all the characters before hand. Very little now. :csad:

Dude that is terrible. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they recover the best they can. I hear they can be very tricky to recover from. Hopefully your friend still has a good quality of life.

... I can vouch for that! HIYA Lix! how ya been? lol

tired. been up all day not doing a thing, need to go to bed so i can make it to a language class t/m. yourself?

Dude that is terrible. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope they recover the best they can. I hear they can be very tricky to recover from. Hopefully your friend still has a good quality of life.
he has his moments, but he mostly hangs out on Face Book these days playing apps not even sure he's aware of time.

tired. been up all day not doing a thing, need to go to bed so i can make it to a language class t/m. yourself?
yeah last fews days were the same here. lol
About to go back to the house for a bit but can't complain too much lol

Looks like I posted an opinion that caused/fueled some trouble. Sorry 'bout that.

Nice drawing of Thor, by the way.

I think of it as in avengers, he's more powerful because he's smarter. He used his wit and intelligence to gain that power.

I think Loki's power in the Avengers comes from the massive army he has doing his bidding, and most likely the cosmic cube. Take all that away and he's as powerful as he was in Thor.

Yeah I agree with you guys but I was talking about more powerful in terms of one on one fight between the two.

I read that interview again where hiddleston talks about Thor being the toughest Avenger for him to fight and I'm just now seeing the part at the end where he says "Thor still comes out on top". :cool:

Last edited:
:doh::doh::doh: barn dance music just ran through my head.

Superman's new theme.

[YT]ddgyg_5FF_0[/YT]

Trollface.gif

Interesting that in thor's bio on the avengers site it mentions a " cosmic level threat ". sounds big

On the article I thought PAR was still handling marketing on this and Iron Man 3.

In Illya Salkind's Superman 3, Supergirl's spaceship crash-lands in Colu and she is adopted as a baby by Brainiac. As she grows up, Brainiac starts having the hots for her and tries to force her into marriage. Supergirl, who, at his point, considers Brainiac to be her father, escapes to Earth to avoid him, but he pursues her and coherces her into becoming his lover by turning Superman, who, in this version, is Supergirl's boyfriend, evil using a machine.

Please tell me you're being silly? :huh:

he has his moments, but he mostly hangs out on Face Book these days playing apps not even sure he's aware of time.

Aw, I can sympathize with you. My dad had a stroke in February of last year, but unfortunately there was nothing anyone could do for him. It was so severe the only way he would have lived was on a machine and in a vegetative state. I'll just say a quick prayer for you.

Last edited:
On the article I thought PAR was still handling marketing on this and Iron Man 3.

Nope it's Disney, but Paramount's deal allows them to still get credit for Avengers and Iron Man 3. After that it is truly 100% in house going forward.

That article title is misleading. From the text:
So, even though Paramount Pictures isn't marketing or distributing The Avengers in any way, their logo will still be featured on the trailers and posters leading up to the May 4, 2012 release.

So the above posters were right; Disney is doing the marketing and Paramount just gets their name plastered over everything.

That article title is misleading. From the text:

So the above posters were right; Disney is doing the marketing and Paramount just gets their name plastered over everything.

Maybe Disney gets all the money, but Paramount gets the "free" name association? Weird.

It's still pretty amazing that we're going to see all these heroes in one movie. And from the looks of things, the big threat looks huge and it should be an entertaining 2 hours.

I'm also pretty confident in Joss Whedon's ability. The billows of black smoke look like stuff from Firefly and Serenity (the movie). I hope we have some Rever-style crazy bad aliens.

I do think Disney's logo will appear before the film, in addition to "in association with Paramount Pictures," as included in the press release about the trailer breaking iTunes records.

It seems they just want Paramount's name on posters and trailers for the movie, like the article suggests. There was a scoop on CBM, where Disney media guy Jim Hill discussed this. He said Disney just want general audiences that made the solo movies (mainly Iron Man) so successful, to know The Avengers movie are in continuity.

Here's the quote to be exact
"Well, you have to understand that if you remember the terms of this deal that Disney put money on the table - I think the equivalent of [$115] million - to be able to release both The Avengers and Iron Man 3 as Disney films. Now there's probably language somewhere in the deal because - yes the way things work in Hollywood - to the effect of, 'Okay, we did the development, we got this going forward, it's our name on at least the initial posters.' Whether or not Disney can come to terms with Paramount....

I think it's more a case of... Disney will march forward and put its name on the front of this stuff. But right now, it's more a question of making sure these things are in continuity. More to the point, that they hang onto the audience that's already out there, that's excited about the Paramount Iron Man films. Again, when you consider the number of characters that have appeared in previous Marvel Entertainment/Marvel Studios productions that have been released by Paramount.... I know it's a silly reason, but you can still go over to the board at Marvel.com and just read about how so many diehard Marvel fans just hate the idea that Mickey's got his mitts on the Marvel characters.

There's a belief in house at Disney - in fact, that's one of the reasons why they're moving as slowly as they are with these characters - they still kind of have to win over the affections of the Marvel fans and 'The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes' series on Disney XD helps some. Likewise, the conversations about maybe 'The Hulk' series that's gonna pop up on ABC... there's something that came out of the TV Critics meetings this past week. That, for example, a Marvel superhero of some sort - they haven't revealed who just yet - is gonna turn up on an episode of 'Castle' on ABC this fall. So, the cross-pollenization is going on. The problem is that Disney recognizes that it's gonna take longer to win over the affections of the Marvel fans than perhaps they wanted. They're willing to spend the time and the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"