The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 39

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can tell there's tension just by their tone

They probably had an argument then got split up and are now back in the same room.

Someone probably brought them back in to the room.

If that's true, then perhaps this happens after Loki tossed Stark from the building, and he then decided to officially join the Avengers after having a falling out with Capt. America not long ago.

Well, if they will ever make the decision to film The Avengers 2, I can see Ant-Man/Giant-Man shows up and wow the audience like that.

I can see it now.

Avengers 2. Bigger is better. Literally.

Odinson, I love your avatar! I need to start hanging out here more often so I can get a cool avatar!

No way. The last thing Loki is, is fearful of Stark .... especially showing up to his place like that.

Exactly. Tony is the only Avenger who is helpless unless he has his armour which Loki knows. Loki is probably more pissed by the fact that Tony is showing no fear even though Loki could kill him in a second.

YqfQL.gif

I really want to know the context to this scene. It's almost like they love each other or something.

The way I see it: Tony Stark was raised by a father who not only worked to turn Steve Rogers into America's only super soldier, but was his personal friend as well. Tony was probably taught to idolize Captain America when he was a child, so seeing the man in the flesh, still as young and strong as the day he "died," might have been a moving experience for him.

Steve's reaction to Tony seemed to encompass quite a bit of the respect that he had for Howard Stark. Howard was a legendary inventor before Steve met him and even though they became friends (or friendly) during the war, he maintained great respect for Stark. As far as Steve is concerned, he last saw Howard mere weeks or months before meeting Tony, the son who is now decades older than the elder Stark was at that last meeting. The experience had to be surreal. Both Steve and Tony would be predisposed to like one another, at least until they started getting acquainted.

The love connection probably doesn't happen until The Avengers 2. :word:

You can tell there's tension just by their tone

They probably had an argument then got split up and are now back in the same room.

Someone probably brought them back in to the room.

I think that's pre-fight. I'm guessing it's the first time Stark is introduced to Steve in person, possibly Stark has met him before had when he was 'on ice'.

Steve's 'Mr Stark' makes me think that Steve is passing on the respect he had for Howard because he sees so much of him in his son, then the team meets and this causes Tony to say something which causes Steve to say 'Big man in a suit of armour take that away what are you?', Steve smacks Stark around the face (homage to Civil War), they are split up and Stark goes to Stark Tower. Explaining why Tony is in the same clothes when he meets Loki and explains why he has a black eye.

Maybe not exactly how it'll play out but from those three scenes in the trailer that's the story i got.

YqfQL.gif

I really want to know the context to this scene. It's almost like they love each other or something.

So.....if a superhero isn't punching you he's in love with you? It can't be that to Cap, days ago he was working side by side with Tony's dad fighting WWII?

As long as the fight doesn't look like this, I'll be happy:woot:

scan0032.jpg

I've never been so excited for talking in a film. Lol. I'm pumped for the action, but what I really want to see is these characters I'm already attatched to, interact with each other!

I think that's pre-fight. I'm guessing it's the first time Stark is introduced to Steve in person, possibly Stark has met him before had when he was 'on ice'.

Steve's 'Mr Stark' makes me think that Steve is passing on the respect he had for Howard because he sees so much of him in his son, then the team meets and this causes Tony to say something which causes Steve to say 'Big man in a suit of armour take that away what are you?', Steve smacks Stark around the face (homage to Civil War), they are split up and Stark goes to Stark Tower. Explaining why Tony is in the same clothes when he meets Loki and explains why he has a black eye.

Maybe not exactly how it'll play out but from those three scenes in the trailer that's the story i got.
Haha. That is quite the assessment after only a second of footage. Good on you!
So.....if a superhero isn't punching you he's in love with you? It can't be that to Cap, days ago he was working side by side with Tony's dad fighting WWII?
Dude, seriously? Of course I don't think that. The way they cut that together is just kinda funny.

"Mr. Stark.." "Captain.." "Don't speak, just hold me.."

I think everyone is digging a little too deep over two guys saying each others names. My goodness.

This is probably the closest I'm going to get to a live-action version of "The Authority". The Superbowl spot is basically a rendition of the battles in LA from Ellis' first two arcs.

I just had a thought which I feel I may have pieced together what if after the "We have a Hulk" scene and before Tony get's thrown out the Window when Loki is holding Stark by the neck, what if that is when we get the "You were made to be ruled" scene? That would be sick!

Cap's "Mr. Stark" doesn't sound like he's too pleased to see him, and doesn't look it either. It sounds like more of a "You again.." type thing.

Well they've definitely met before that exchange. Perhaps they meet, cap realizes that stark isn't like his father, he says the big man in a suit of armor line, and then they part ways. And then the scene we saw in the superbowl trailer is when they next meet

Are you kidding me?

Can you imagine the size of the "WTF" in the collective heads of the general audience if THAT was the line in the movie instead? Instead of people totally popping for the "We have a Hulk line" all day at work, it would be, "Hey, the Super Bowl spot rocked! But that Thor line was a little awkward, wasn't it?"

Of course Loki *knows* they have Thor. In Loki's head, he's already thought of a way he thinks will defeat Thor. If he never knew of the Hulk, how could he be prepared for him?

To be fair, though, if Loki didn't know about Hulk, he wouldn't know to be scared of him. I like the line the way it is, but I would've geeked out just as much if Loki said, "I have an army," Stark said, "And we have Thor," and then it cut to a shot of Thor taking down an army of aliens by himself.

Dude, seriously? Of course I don't think that. The way they cut that together is just kinda funny.

"Mr. Stark.." "Captain.." "Don't speak, just hold me.."

I think everyone is digging a little too deep over two guys saying each others names. My goodness.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say they've been reading the (copious amounts of) Cap/Tony bromance fiction on Tumblr and tried to capitalize on it.

I think the major issue with Cap and IM in the movie will be who gets to lead the team. Tony doesn't want to follow anybody; and frankly has never had to, other than his father. So, when Fury decides Cap should lead them it will piss off Stark and lead to the issues between them i think

I just had a thought which I feel I may have pieced together what if after the "We have a Hulk" scene and before Tony get's thrown out the Window when Loki is holding Stark by the neck, what if that is when we get the "You were made to be ruled" scene? That would be sick!

That line is from the Germany scene. Description came out a few days ago, I think.

So question, how old was Howard Stark supposed to be when he had Tony? In the first Iron Man, it was implied Stane knew and worked with Howard. Stane was probably what, 60 in that movie? If that movie took place circa 2008, that means Stane was born in 1948. Captain America takes place in the 40s, and Howard Stark already looks like he was in his 30s. So unless he worked until he was in his 70s, when Stane would be in his 30s, the timeline seems to be off.

Just a completely unfounded fear here, but what if we find out this movie's only about 90 minutes or an hour 45? There have been times in the past when I've been shocked at a big movie clocking in really low and just being rushed beyond coherency. :csad:

To be fair, though, if Loki didn't know about Hulk, he wouldn't know to be scared of him. I like the line the way it is, but I would've geeked out just as much if Loki said, "I have an army," Stark said, "And we have Thor," and then it cut to a shot of Thor taking down an army of aliens by himself.

I think everyone is caught up on this idea that Thor is going to be portrayed as more powerful than Hulk in THIS movie. I am of the mindset that Hulk in this movie will be like THE weapon of mass destruction (gamma bomb anyone). For this movie it looks to me like they are basically taking alot from Ultimates imho. I mean in the trailer Hulk is the money shot....I think in the movie it will be like that in the final battle but times 100 because he is gonna be wreaking destruction on a massive scale.

Just a completely unfounded fear here, but what if we find out this movie's only about 90 minutes or an hour 45? There have been times in the past when I've been shocked at a big movie clocking in really low and just being rushed beyond coherency. :csad:

It's almost guaranteed to be at least 2 hours long. If I was to hazard a guess I would say the feature running time will be 2hrs 20mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"