The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh.

"Going cosmic" is a vague statement. And a prop doesn't really say much either. I'm probably wrong, but I'm not feeling Thanos.
It says a lot when they're promoting said prop at comic con, and when Feige has the prop behind him during interviews

A single solitary sentinel appeared, more or less, in X3 during the Danger Room scene at the beginning of the movie.

What did you think that was?

Yes we didn't get the full on sentinels storyline but it counts, somewhat.

Oh god no it doesn't (no offense).

Nothing in X3 counts as anything except getting closer to the armageddon.

Not confirmed but there were internet reports

E/E seem like the obvious choices for Thor 2, but then again Mandarin seemed obvious for IM2. Still hope he'll be the IM3 villain

As long as someone can convince the director to use him without shoving it down his throat. I don't think any of us want another Venom scenario.

More than that, especially if he is trying to get the Gauntlet, when Thanos is a villian, its not a global threat, its literally, a universal threat.

Sure, but I think Marvel might be forced to make it so it's just the Avengers that take on Thanos. I'm not sure they couldn't do it with them recruiting galactic heroes or alien races to back them up without overcrowding the movie. But who knows really, that's just my opinion.

Again, I'm probably wrong. I understand there's enough basis to come to the conclusion, but I, in representation of my single, individual self, don't think evidence is that much.

A single solitary sentinel appeared, more or less, in X3 during the Danger Room scene at the beginning of the movie.

What did you think that was?

I know full well what it was. Why I said 'used them properly'.

Yes we didn't get the full on sentinels storyline but it counts, somewhat.

It was a nod to the fans of the books. No more significant than the names on the computer screen that Mystique was using in X2 in the end.

I'll focus on the Avengers for a few more months before I give a sequel any thought. Even though chances are pretty good we'll get one. By the way, who would green light a sequel? Marvel Studios alone or would Disney have some say so in that? I know Disney is in charge of distributing the films from now on, and I think marketing as well.

From what little has been released publicly, I think MARVEL is still very much in control of their projects and which direction the MCU takes.

The Infinity Gauntlet situation has got me wondering. Since there is a lot of emphasis on it, was that the only prop at comic-con that wasn't something related to the main characters of the various MCU movies they were promoting (like Cap's shield, Thor's helmet etc)?

If it is then that might be worth noting since it would mean that's the only prop from Odin's Vault that they chose to display (quite prominently) at comic-con.

^ That's what I believe. At that moment, they were just promoting a cool little fan nod.

Didn't stop people all over the Internet from affirming every single Frost Giant was Thanos.

Not confirmed but there were internet reports

E/E seem like the obvious choices for Thor 2, but then again Mandarin seemed obvious for IM2. Still hope he'll be the IM3 villain

Did you not see my post about this yesterday? Its confirmed we won't see Mandarin. Black has dismissed him as a racist caricature. It may "offend" asians and such, so we won't be seeing Mandarin unfortunately. =(

^ That's what I believe. At that moment, they were just promoting a cool little fan nod.

Didn't stop people all over the Internet from affirming every single Frost Giant was Thanos.

That's not quite what I'm saying. I meant if it's the only prop from Odin's Vault and the rest were things like Cap's shield or Thor's helmet, then perhaps there is some significance to it. I don't know myself (though the Thanos rumours have refused to die), but it's worth discussing.

That's not quite what I'm saying. I meant if it's the only prop from Odin's Vault and the rest were things like Cap's shield or Thor's helmet, then perhaps there is some significance to it. I don't know myself (thought the Thanos rumours have refused to die), but it's worth discussing.

Like I said many times, at this point ruwhat we have seen, with the gauntlet, leaks, rumors, and what people who "have sources" have said, along with that fuzzy prosthetic image, (which would be a rather difficult fake for someone not somewhat talented at digital art), I'd be shocked if Thanos doesn't make an appearance, or a reference at this point.

That's not quite what I'm saying. I meant if it's the only prop from Odin's Vault and the rest were things like Cap's shield or Thor's helmet, then perhaps there is some significance to it. I don't know myself (though the Thanos rumours have refused to die), but it's worth discussing.
Yes, it was the only prop other than the Destroyer armor and Cap's shield/Thor's hammer/etc.

There was also an interview Feige did, I think for the Spike Scream Awards, where he had Cap's shield, Thor's hammer, Iron Man's helmet and the Infinity Gauntlet behind him

Actually it was the Saturn Awards

http://allthingsfangirl.blogspot.com/2011/06/on-scene-37th-annual-saturn-awards.html

During Kevin Feige’s video acceptance speech from the set of The Avengers, we got a little sneak peak at something I don’t believe has been previously alluded to anywhere. At two different points in the video, a PA walked through the background, trying to find a place to put a giant gold glove amongst all the other Avengers props laying around. At one point, Feige turned around and exclaimed, “Put that away, it’s a secret!” Cue hum of the audience, trying to figure out how the Infinity Gauntlet will fit into The Avengers.

Kevin+Feige8915+web.jpg

True. I was just thinking if Joss OS saying smaller movie... I was definitely thinking more Ultron or something of that nature. Maybe for 3 go huge scale war with someone like Thanos that was built up to

Definately, when I read the words "smaller" and "more personal" in that interview Ultron was the first thing that popped into my head.

If that is the actual glove than Thanos will be one big guy.

If that is the actual glove than Thanos will be one big guy.

Thanos *is* one big guy. He rivals Hulk (most renditions of Hulk, that is) in size, being about 7 feet tall and around 1000 lbs.

Avengers 2 - Ultron

Avengers 3 - Thanos

Make it happen MARVEL :up:

I would **** brix if they did Ultron in the second one.

i loved his portrayal in Avengers:EMH

I would **** brix if they did Ultron in the second one.

i loved his portrayal in Avengers:EMH

Hell yeah, Ultron's always been my favorite Avengers villains for a while and after seeing him in A;EMH I was like "yeah he should definately be the villain in Avengers 2 no matter what".

The problem on my end is there's no room left for Kang.

True, the only reason I listed Thanos as the villain I want for the 3rd film stead of Kang is because they've already been building up to him.

Kang is definately someone I want to see as an Avengers villain on the big screen, if Marvel decides to go with him for the 3rd film I wouldn't mind a bit.

So many villains and only three movies, what to do. Maybe after CAP, Thor and IM movies are over they can continuing make Avengers movie. Another possibility start introducing a new big 3 to take over. Another possibility is after each of the 3 movies is over focus mainly on taking it to other worlds/planets.

^ Thor, Iron Man, and Cap are the one and only Big Three, there is no "Big Three" without those three characters.

its interesting how we are thinking past the avengers....
anything that comes after this movie is gonna run on the success and hype of this movie...
and we dont even know wat kind of doors are going to open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back