The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fight is pretty overrated, Thanos didn't land one single blow besides feezing Odin at the beginning.

Odin pretty much beat Thanos throughout Asgard for most of the fight, the only impressive thing Thanos did was "survive".

It was kind of like Goku vs Freiza before he turn supersayian. He had no chance in hell of wining the fight. He only got props for standing his ground and not being annihilated.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but did Odin pass the Odinforce to Thor when he died or did Thor come to it because he was the successor to Odin after his death?

To be fair man it just seems you are taking anything said against the Asgardians as disparaging and almost personally.

It's fiction at the end of the day, it's not a big deal.

Just because you disagree with something means you're taking it "personal", cool I didn't know that.

You call it "overly defensive", I call it "having an opinion that's not in the majority".

Tomatoes, tomahtoes :woot:

*shrugs*

What opinion? Define 'god'

actual divine being? figure who was worshipped by a primitive people? something an egotistical space race calls themselves? I don't see how it matters becasue even the comics themselves have never lain it out clearly.

actual divine being? figure who was worshipped by a primitive people? something an egotistical space race calls themselves? I don't see how it matters becasue even the comics themselves have never lain it out clearly.

It takes more than one person to argue, so if I'm being defensive about my point they're being defensive about there's.

Am I right? :word:

As far as Asgardians go, they haven't. The only being that the Marvel Comics U has expressly defined as the such is the One Above All (and that was for use in retconning)

It takes more than one person to argue, so if I'm being defensive about my point they're being defensive about there's.

I'm not being defensive, I just know you're wrong :word:

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but did Odin pass the Odinforce to Thor when he died or did Thor come to it because he was the successor to Odin after his death?

Odin decides where the Odin Force goes, that's why Balder never recieved the Odin Force while he was King.

I'm not being defensive, I just know you're wrong :word:

I feel the same way, see how easy that is. :cool:

You know, that leads into something I hate, in character battle arguments people arguing that said character shouldn't be beaten because they're a 'God'.

Nobody else is acting like they're taking it as a personal slight.

No, because you're jumping on anything that can be perceived as a negative opinion about the Asgardians, even if they're not negative opinions, but facts.

Fact is, the movie Asgardians are not like the comic book Asgardians.

You know, that leads into something I hate, in character battle arguments people arguing that said character shouldn't be beaten because they're a 'God'.

I agree with you, that is a "dumb" crutch to lean on when discussing character battles.

And who had the Odinforce before Odin existed?

No one :woot:

No, because you're jumping on anything that can be perceived as a negative opinion about the Asgardians, even if they're not negative opinions, but facts.

/End discussion

I never said it was negative, I simply disagree with it.

Fact is, movie heroes in general are not the same as their comic book versions.

And who had the Odinforce before Odin existed?

Steve.

a1r9cw.jpg

They called it the Steveforce.

Wasn't it Bor, Odin's dad, who had the power that was the equivalent to the OdinForce before him?

But it was probably called like, the BorForce. Which yea, doesn't have the same ring to it :D

Wasn't it Bor, Odin's dad, who had the power that was the equivalent to the OdinForce before him?

But it was probably called like, the BorForce. Which yea, doesn't have the same ring to it :D

Nope, Odin didn't recieve any power from Bor whatsoever.

I never said it was negative, I simply disagree with it.

Fact is, movie heroes in general are not the same as their comic book versions.

Yes, and the movie Asgardians are not Gods. They are powerful alien beings perceived as Gods. We don't even know if movie Odin has the OdinForce as we know it, considering he is no where near being omnipotent. I mean, the guy has to engage lowly Frost Giants in battle. When Odin from the comics could literally snap his fingers and explode an entire army of them.

Did anybody find it a bit of a mistake that Tony is calling Thor a "demi-god". That would imply that he is half human and half god/alien but we all know that he's just full god/alien.

Not a huge deal but it sort of bugged me.

No one :woot:

Gotcha. So according to Marvel: Odin-Force is the power that enables Odin to be the stongest of the Asgardian Gods. This power is near infinite and seems to allow Odin and later Thor to become almost invincible, and seems to allow them to rival the powers of the strongest beings in the universe but the limits of it's power are unknown.

Also, the origin of the Odin-Force prove that it is not Odin's inherent power but one he helped create:

The Odin force was first created when Odin and his two brothers Vili and Ve tried to take down Surtur after they had finished taking down The frost giant, Ymir. When they go there, they tell the fire people that they have come to learn the undiscovered. Odin asks Surtur if its true that he would one day destroy the nine worlds. Surtur answers him yes and explains how he shall do it using his Sword Of Doom and the Eternal flame. Odin remarks back "Wouldn't it be better it the flame was taken out and the sword broken?". Surtur then returns saying "The flame cannot be extinguished but they could try to break his sword". Surtur would then slam his fist on the ground as demons started to come from all corner then the brothers Vili and Ve would summon the raging storms of the arctic to stop the demons. It worked and started to freeze them.

Next the three brothers joined into one to battle Surtur. As the battle went on they found out they couldn't best Surtur so they made one final blow which broke Surtur's sword. Vili one of the brothers states it to be a victory while Odin simply says that he will come after them. Ve then would cut down the flame of destruction so that even if Surtur were to reforge his sword he could not kindle it with the flame so that the world wouldn't end. Odin then starts to run to the portal to the nine worlds then releases his brothers who aren't following. One of the brothers says that if they go Surtur shall follow, then suddenly as Surtur emerges from the brimstone lake, a blast would come knocking Odin out of the realm Muspelheim and knocked him out as well. When he had awoken, the entrance to the realm was gone and he had the combined powers of the his brothers which made the Odin Force, however he knew his brothers were dead.

Which means it's not his and his alone. Hence, not an inherent power.

Did anybody find it a bit of a mistake that Tony is calling Thor a "demi-god". That would imply that he is half human and half god but we all know that he's just full god.

Not a huge deal but it sort of bugged me.

Just got in from outer space, did you?

Yes, and the movie Asgardians are not Gods. They are alien beings perceived as Gods. We don't even know if movie Odin has the OdinForce as we know it, considering he is no where near being omnipotent.

They're pretty much aliens percieved as Gods in the comics too, Odin is NOT omnipitant in the comics either because they're are beings more powerful than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"