The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 55

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by Thread Manager, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splat Registered

Oh good grief Final Crisis. Not only did I waste money on the awful prelude series Countdown but then the series itself was awful.

2. wobbly Occasional Scribbler

Lol, I only just noticed they have added the Widow in the background of Hawkeye's sliding shot (that's evolved from being just Hawkeye, then the aliens were added, now the Widow).

3. bonzob2000 Registered

I think that's a good enough explanation as well. Sometimes it seems like, if comic fans got their way, 90 percent of comic book movies would be cameos, clarifications of continuity, and detailed explanations for how everything that has happened makes sense.

4. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

The idea behind Civil War was actually quite good, IMO. But they screwed it up in the execution. It was as if they as a comic book publisher couldn't see that in order for it to work they would have to give an even balance to both sides.

5. Poni_Boy Registered

You, sir, are ok in my book

6. Poni_Boy Registered

FYI I just finished writing up my set report for tomorrow. Honestly, there's nothing much in there that hasn't been touched upon already.

And that, is why I don't like going to movie sets.

7. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Is that really saying anything useful? ;)

( though being fair, I liked the original Crisis on Infinite Earths )

8. MahvelBaby! Registered

I'm really really cool with that explanation I was expecting something alot more Vague actually so I'm cool with it.

9. Cth Registered

It's a good explanation in that it explains why Odin doesn't just snap his fingers and fix everything. Makes sense that they'd be trying to find him, etc. If Odin just snapped his fingers sending Thor to Earth to hook up with some floozie and fell into the sleep thing the kingdom would be largely undefended.

10. BigThor God of Thunder

From the sounds of it Odin uses his own power, in the art book Loki said "father must've used all his power to transport you to earth without the bifrost".

11. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Something important to realize is that the MCU already *has*, functionally speaking, the more important aspects of the SHRA. SHIELD already clearly investigates and finds out secret identities. It already monitors super heroes. And it actively recruits them, when desired.

What it doesn't do is automatically round up everyone who can bench press a motorbike or read tea leaves, and draft them into kill teams. Because its a stupid idea from the get go.

12. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Uh, I think someone doesn't know how lucky they are!

13. darthmagic Registered

But it dosen't make sense. IF Loki can find paths to the other worlds then surely Odin can find them without using all the Odin force.

14. MahvelBaby! Registered

I don't a want a civil war movie, but I would like to see the Avengers break away from SHIELD eventually.

15. BigThor God of Thunder

Good point, well I'll wait until the film to find out because it never really mattered so me as long as Thor gets to Earth.

16. Cth Registered

To be fair, Loki seemed pretty wiped out by the experience. Also, presumably it took him two years to manipulate the Tessaract, gather an army, influence others.

It wasn't an easy simple thing from what I gather.

17. Whiskey Tango Registered

I'm sure it gets old hat once you've done it enough times but I'd have given my left nut to visit the Avengers set.

18. darthmagic Registered

No, i'm talking about in the Thor film when he was able to bring the Frost Giants into Asgard without using the Bi-Frost. He said there were multiple doorways between the worlds, why wouldn't Odin know about them?

19. Shadowlord X Registered

Saw Wrath of the Titans tonight; it was really really bad. The VFX were amazing but everything else was terrible. Avoid.

20. ThePowerCosmic Hyped Up

It wasn't that bad.

21. T"Challa Registered

I thought it was pretty ****ing awful. The effects were very good and the final battle was somewhat entertaining and i love Neeson and Fiennes, but damn near everything else sucked

22. DoomsdayApex Registered

A redeemed Hades (Fiennes) and Zeus (Neeson) fighting side by side made the whole film tolerable for me. Ramirez as Ares was great too.

23. ThePowerCosmic Hyped Up

I just enjoyed it for what it was. A mindless popcorn flick that is a special effects extravaganza. The acting was tolerable, and the story was more entertaining than it was in Clash. I had fun watching Wrath.

And what about Ares, Hephaestus, and Poseidon? I thought they were all awesome in it too, in addition to Zeus and Hades of course.

24. Cth Registered

Ahh ok.. makes sense then.

25. Rock Sexton Registered

Anyone seen the new "Total Recall" trailer? There is a bad ass scene where Colin Ferrell is being fired in the recall lab ..... I want too see shots like that in the Avengers. The fluidity is so engaging. I get sick of fight/action sequences that are cut together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.