The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've brought this up before, but the Jack Kirby interview where he basically calls out Stan Lee as a sham was pretty eye-opening. I've always hoped it wasn't true, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't taint my image of Lee some.

Well Kirby created all the characters but Stan Lee gets all the credit an praise. Even none comic book fans know Stan Lee but ask them about Jack Kirby and the responds you'll get is "Who?!".

My friends still ***** about Evans being Cap. They insist that to be more like Comic Book Cap he should be much older (between 40-50). Thing is, they don't read comics :dry:

A lot of my friends just don't like him as an actor and that has lead to them kinda hating on Cap for no good reason.

I was cool with Evans...if Matt Damon were about 8 years younger I don't think there would ever have been a better choice...but I was cool with Evans and I think he did a wonderful job.

I actually think he did a better job than the writers did. Writers didn't give him a whole lot to work with and he exceeded the words written on the page with his performance...I think you give him (and Johnston for that matter....which will never happen now) a better script and he kills it.

I remember throwing Evans' name on a casting thread.

They called me a madman. A MADMAN!

But I showed them... I SHOWED THEM ALL!

I got to admit that even I was hesitant with Evans being selected for the role; but this was mainly based off of the fact that I was so used to seeing him as Johnny Storm and that I hadn't taken the time to see his other pieces of work.

As soon as I saw CA:TFA, the guy won me over and like Jamie has said about Chris for his performance as Thor, I say the same regarding Evans' portrayal of Steve Rogers in the sense that I can't see anyone else playing the role other than him at the moment.

Well Kirby created all the characters but Stan Lee gets all the credit an praise. Even none comic book fans know Stan Lee but ask them about Jack Kirby and the responds you'll get is "Who?!".

You know, the problem that i have with that interview is that acording to Kirby, Lee did nothing, and Lee had no storytelling ability whatsoever, and yet that is bull; the Kirby/Lee dialogue and texts have a sparkle, a wit, a true sense of characterization and a dinamism in the storytelling that neither Kirbys nor Ditkos solo work, as much as i love them, had; somtimes, Kirbys charactrs and dialogue feel completely flatt while in his colaboration with Lee, they have a special dimension an livelyness and humanity in them wich is essential to the Marvel take over in the 60.

KIrby never could, alone, create that sense of wonder and pure ludic fun that Lee brought to the mix. And i LOVE Kirbys work on DC, mostly Kamandi and the fourth world.

I dont know if Lee took more credit than he deserved, its true his creative juice kinda fell after Kirby left while Kirby was still creting stuff like the genius he was on DC, but this whole "Lee was an annoying businesmann who could never create or write anything on his own" wass just BULL.

The truth might be out there, but we will probably nver know.

Both Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth are kind of underrated as Cap & Thor, In my opinion that gave just as good of a performance as RDJ as Stark.

I remember throwing Evans' name on a casting thread.

They called me a madman. A MADMAN!

But I showed them... I SHOWED THEM ALL!

Right there with ya. I suggested Evans one time, using a pic from his role in Cellullar, where he has blonde hair, I people laughed at me.

But then he was actually cast, soooooo, it showed who was really right in the situation.

Both Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth are kind of underrated as Cap & Thor, In my opinion that gave just as good of a performance as RDJ as Stark.

Agreed. The only person's performance I haven't liked and thought was phenomonal was ScarJo, though, that's mainly because they got rid of the Russian accent, great backstory and, TBH, she really doesn't look like Black Widow from the comics.

This pic REALLy makes me want to see Thor wear his helmet for an extended amount of time in THOR II.

thorartforsegabydiablo2.jpg

Anyone know if theres a scene in the movie where Hulk tries to lift Mjolnir? Thats one of my dream scenes.

Anyone know if theres a scene in the movie where Hulk tries to lift Mjolnir? Thats one of my dream scenes.

I prefer to see Cap pick up Mjolnir and bust some heads with Mjolnir in one hand and his shield in the other.

Agreed. The only person's performance I haven't liked and thought was phenomonal was ScarJo, though, that's mainly because they got rid of the Russian accent, great backstory and, TBH, she really doesn't look like Black Widow from the comics.

Yeah she really doesn't look like comic book Widow and if would've been nice if she had her accent, all in all I still think she's a pretty good BW.

How bout Hulk try and fail to pick up Mjolnir then Cap walks over and effortlessly picks it up and busts Hulks head lol

I prefer to see Cap pick up Mjolnir and bust some heads with Mjolnir in one hand and his shield in the other.

How bout Hulk try and fail to pick up Mjolnir then Cap walks over and effortlessly picks it up and busts Hulks head lol

Nah, it's too early Thor's only been around for one film let's keep what makes the characters unique a little while longer.

This pic REALLy makes me want to see Thor wear his helmet for an extended amount of time in THOR II.

thorartforsegabydiablo2.jpg

I hope hope Thor does the same as Cap in that he wears his head gear in some fights and goes complete Goldilocks in others. I like seeing his hair fling around and i love his Helmet.

I just want him to wear it at least a little bit. It's cool to see these guys having different looks like IM with his armours & Thor with his sleeveless outfit.

I just want to see Hulk get pissed at the fact he cant lift a measly little hammer lol

There is a really good program on cnbc about comic book movies right now FYI

I hope hope Thor does the same as Cap in that he wears his head gear in some fights and goes complete Goldilocks in others. I like seeing his hair fling around and i love his Helmet.

I agree on all counts, that would be so damn awesome.

I remember the first time I saw Evans in fantastic 4, I thought to myself, "I like the shape this guys in, I wouldn't mind if an actor in this shape took the role if they ever made a Cap film".
Sunshine is the movie where Evans SURPRISED me with his performance. I was like "where did THIS Evans come from?!"
When he was announced, (seemingly out of left field) I was adamant he should take the role.
Sunshine put any doubts I might've had on his possible ability and the man impressed on screen by BECOMING Rogers.

I agree I definatley want Cap to pick up Mjolnir idc if he doesn't wreck some heads with it..but if he took it and threw to Thor that would be epic and have Ironman or the Hulk be like "How he do that" lol

I wasn't huge on Widow either in IM2. But she seems to have alot more personality in this movie, so I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"