The Avengers The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's almost alphabetical anyway, but if you went that alphabetical route, then since it already has Downey Jr and Evans first, it wouldn't be right that Clark Gregg comes before Hemsworth. So it's best to go by who is the biggest star.

Right, and that's kind of what I went by on my list. Ruffalo coming before or after Scarlet. But that's how I would see it. Colby would almost be last if they used Sam as the "And Nick Fury" title.

It'll be Downey, Evans, Hemsworth first, and "Samuel Jackson as Nick Fury" last.

Oddly enough, the six Avengers shake down perfectly in alphabetical order (Downey, Evans, Hemsworth, Johansson, Renner, Ruffalo), so possibly they will do that, then Gregg, Smulders and whoever else as a sort of second tier, followed by Jackson as Fury.

Last edited:
It will be

Robert Downey Jr
Chris Evans
Chris Hemsworth
Scarlett Johansson
Jeremy Renner
Mark Ruffalo
Clark Gregg/Cobie Smulders/whoever else (shown on screen in groups of two or three)
with Tom Hiddleston
and Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury

On the poster it'll be the same order but without Gregg/Smulders/etc

I think it'll go:

Starring
Robert Downey, Jr.
Chris Evans
Chris Hemsworth
Scarlett Johansson
Mark Ruffalo
Tom Hiddleston

with Jeremy Renner
and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury

Also Starring
Clark Gregg
Stellan Skarsgard
Cobie Smulders

Renner's star has risen pretty highly in recent years with his high profile roles in The Hurt Locker and The Town (receiving Oscar nominations for both movies) and Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, so I can see him getting the 'with' tag.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments everyone, didn't realise I was going to spark a debate about cast lists, ha. I was trying to keep the stars names above the character they were playing but I do get everyones point.

I've also edited the look of Hawkeye as I agree with what KingMatte said about him never looking like that in the film.

& BizarroAids - which image of Captain America are you thinking of?

Anyways, this is the new design...

AvengersPoster2012Smallv2.jpg

Heh, I don't think it's been a debate. More like a fun discussion. :yay:

Excellent work on the poster, by the way. If I might make one small suggestion: have you tried putting the actors' first names above their last names, rather than having their whole name on a single line? The way you have it set up right now, some of the names are kind of butting into other characters' images.

Oh, and I think BizarroAids might be referring to Cap's costume as depicted in this picture.

Just out of curiosity folks; out of all of the four main avengers, based on what we've seen about their lives on screen, which one would you guys say has experienced the most difficult life thus far?

I would have to say Banner. I mean, Cap had a tough time as a weakling but he had the heart and determination to keep going... The man out of time thing is pretty tragic though, although Banner's situation is literally like a life destroying curse. His WHOLE motivation is to change himself back to normal.

Yeah Banners life is a pretty tough gig, constantly being hunted, having the deaths of countless innocents on his conscious. poor bastard can't even kill himself.

I dunno...being frozen for almost 70 years, waking up in a world different from the one he left, all his friends and family dead, being in an America where the government is underhanded and people are ashamed to be americans....thats pretty rough

Banner, hands down. Not being able to get it on has got to suck. Lol ;)

What about Iron Man? He's a genius, he's rich as hell, he can get essentially any woman he wants, and he has all of the coolest gadgets on the planet.

What about Iron Man? He's a genius, he's rich as hell, he can get essentially any woman he wants, and he has all of the coolest gadgets on the planet.
Yup, Iron Man's got it rough :csad: The poor thing.

:up::woot:

It will be

Robert Downey Jr
Chris Evans
Chris Hemsworth
Scarlett Johansson
Jeremy Renner
Mark Ruffalo
Clark Gregg/Cobie Smulders/whoever else (shown on screen in groups of two or three)
with Tom Hiddleston
and Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury

On the poster it'll be the same order but without Gregg/Smulders/etc

This is what I think too, as of now.

And Banner. Maybe Steve, having been a scrawny guy, finally overcoming it and getting a great life, then having it all taken away- friends and family dead, new zeitgeist making you feel out of place and alone, it just sucks. But still probably Banner. The brilliant playboy billionaire and god of thunder don't have quite as much room to complain.

It's a tie between Steve and Banner for me. Not because of what Steve went through pre-Cap, but because just imagining what it would be like to wake up one day and find out in an instant that everyone you ever knew and loved is either dead or almost dead is just...so tragic. But yeah, there's no denying Banner's got it rough, either.

And to top it all off, dude's got the perfect mustache. :spidey:

Technically it's a goatee though - anyways, moustache's became uncool when Magnum P.I. went off-air. :oldrazz:

I've had a Goatee/stach for my son's entire life...lol He's only seen PICs of me without it. lol

Ha, I know that one. I've had a goatee about a total of 4 times for prolonged periods - it's so weird when you shave it off because this total stranger is just staring back at you from the bathroom mirror. Your face looks completely different. :D

I'm growing out the stache now too lol!

I haven't done the old goatee in ages. For a long while now I've been letting my beard grow pretty badly before I shave it. Sort of from one extreme to the other. lol

Full on beard going on with me right now.... not to mention the mop of hair onto of my head as well...

I need to find the scissors LOL

Lol, I've had hair aobut as long as Thor's or Eric Draven's (The Crow) for about 7 months now. I decided to grow it out, lol.

People say I look like jesus.

I think it'll go:

Starring
Robert Downey, Jr.
Chris Evans
Chris Hemsworth
Scarlett Johansson
Mark Ruffalo
Tom Hiddleston​

with Jeremy Renner
and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury​

Also Starring
Clark Gregg
Stellan Skarsgard
Cobie Smulders​

Renner's star has risen pretty highly in recent years with his high profile roles in The Hurt Locker and The Town (receiving Oscar nominations for both movies) and Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, so I can see him getting the 'with' tag.

I don't think Renner should get a "with". Whether or not his star has risen, giving him a "with" places too much importance on his character. If anyone should get a "with" it should be Tom Hiddleston. Samuel L Jackson gets an "and" because he is a big star but not the main star, but also because he has an important leadership role as director of SHIELD.

Besides, I don't think Renner's star has risen any more than Evans, Johansson or Ruffalo. Any of them could get a "with" by that argument. I think it's appropriate where he would be alphabetically between Johansson and Ruffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"