The Avengers The Avengers roster for 2012

ProfeZZor X

Master of all that is ice
Reaction score
Found this article on Latino Review today, but there was nowhere to put it here on SHH, so I figured this forum would be as good as any, since Iron Man is one of the names on Marvel's Avengers list:

http://latinoreview.com/news/names-of-the-avengers-marvel-will-feature-4918

The shock wave that was felt around the movie world. It was subtle, and missed by most people since it was tucked away like an after thought. If you left before the credits rolled, like most people did…. you missed it. Then the release of The Incredible Hulk did it too. You know what I’m talking about, that commercial, with Him in it. Saying the same thing Sam Jackson said to him at the end of Iron Man. It was five words that made every comic book fan squeal with delight. “We’re putting together a team”.

It’s that Holy **** moment you’ve always thought would be cool, but no one would have the balls to do it, because….well because its just not done that way. Well the fans have spoken, and Marvel is listening.
It’s a done deal that Marvel will be making The Avengers featuring their most prominent superheroes on the same silver screen (or dare I say digital screen) for the first time. Now the question on everyone’s mind is who? Who will be the featured heroes?

Iron Man director Jon Favreau, who is developing a sequel to be released in April 2010, says Marvel's plan is "to team up the heroes for The Avengers, which is made up of all of the Marvel heroes they have the rights to."
And which characters do they have the rights to exactly?
Favreau says the team's lineup has changed throughout the years, "but the ones Marvel is talking about now are Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Ant-Man and Iron Man. I would love to see that."

So there it is…the best of the best Marvel has to offer on one screen! Even just reading it, doesn’t allow you to appreciate how spectacular this can be!

Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios' president of production, confirms that he's working toward the day when "heroes can cross into each other's adventures and occasionally team up if there's a foe too great for any one of them to handle." He and screenwriter Zak Penn (X2: X-Men United, Elektra, X-Men: The Last Stand, The Incredible Hulk) are uniting to get Avengers in theaters by summer 2011.

The story continues to give you each here that will be featured and lists his origin, and release date for the film. I always strive to make things easy for my readers so you can either click here to go to the link, or I’ll just list the names below. Either way, its going to be fun the next few years for comic books world wide!

Thor
Release date: Solo film to be released June 4, 2010
Screenwriter: Mark Protosevich (I Am Legend)
Origin: Disabled medical student Donald Blake discovers a mighty hammer that transforms him into his alter ego, the Norse warrior Thor. Lee recalls meeting years ago with Fabio, the romance-novel cover boy, about playing the part. "Someone brought him up to my office to see if he could play Thor," Lee says. "Visually, he would have been good, but in those days we weren't even in a position to do a movie." Lee says Thor "will have to be someone big and strong and kind of blondish. And there should be a nobility."

Ant-Man
Release date: Solo film, but timing not yet available
Director: Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead)
Screenwriters: Wright and Joe Cornish
Origin: Biochemist Hank Pym can alter his size as well as communicate with and control insects. Ant-Man creator Stan Lee recently had lunch with Wright to discuss the direction of the film. "There's never been a hero like this in the movies," Lee says. "I did one comic book called The Man in the Ant Hill about a guy who shrunk down and there were ants or bees chasing him. That sold so well that I thought making him into a superhero might be fun."

The First Avenger: Captain America
Release date: Solo film to be released May 6, 2011
Origin: Captain America made his debut in 1941 as lowly U.S. Army Pvt. Steve Rogers. "We had him peeling spuds," creator Joe Simon recalls. "The government shot him up with a super-serum, which made him the first of what was to be an army of superheroes." Simon and comic-book artist Jack Kirby, who died in 1994, created the character during World War II as an all-American adversary to Adolf Hitler. "We were a war-consumed nation, just like today," he says. "Hitler was a comic foil for our character, and every comic sold out that first year." Simon now suggests that Osama bin Laden might be an appropriate foe for Captain America to pursue. But Captain America more likely will take on his most famous adversary, the Red Skull — a Nazi (later turned Communist) introduced by Simon in Captain America Comics #1.

Nick Fury
Release date: Not intended as a solo film, but character will appear in The Avengers universe in summer 2011
Origin: Lee introduced the character in 1963 in the war magazine Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos. "It did very well," Lee says. "But after a couple of years, I got bored with it and wanted to kill it. Years later, I got a lot of fan mail asking, 'What happened to Sgt. Fury?' In those days, there was a popular show called The Man from U.N.C.L.E., so I brought Nick back as a colonel for S.H.I.E.L.D.: Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division."

I thought this thread was going to be for speculation on the roster, anyways, I'll throw my perfect team out there:

Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Giant-man (No Ant-man, lets have Pym be big!)
Wasp
Vision (not really a must but I like the character)

the only one on there that I find questionable would be Ant-man.

Personally, I'm not too familiar with the character, but I don't know how popular he would be with the general public ( no offense to Ant-man fans.....lol ).

also, we would need to have several strong female heroes on the team.

Besides Wasp ( isn't she Ant-man's wife ), what other female avengers could there be?

Scarlet Witch, but that brings up the whole "Does Fox have the rights to her?" question.

Judging by the movies that are coming out, the most likely line up would seem to be:

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Hulk
Giant Man (Hank Pym)
Ant Man (Scott Lang)
The Wasp

I definitely wouldn't object to cameos of the Wasp, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch or Ms. Marvel at the Avengers' headquarters, if Marvel was focusing more on the guys setting out on a mission - even showing up during the final fight to lend a hand to the guys.

Found this article on Latino Review today, but there was nowhere to put it here on SHH, so I figured this forum would be as good as any, since Iron Man is one of the names on Marvel's Avengers list:

http://latinoreview.com/news/names-of-the-avengers-marvel-will-feature-4918

i would've put it in the Marvel Films forum.

Thor
Release date: Solo film to be released June 4, 2010
Screenwriter: Mark Protosevich (I Am Legend)
Origin: Disabled medical student Donald Blake discovers a mighty hammer that transforms him into his alter ego, the Norse warrior Thor. Lee recalls meeting years ago with Fabio, the romance-novel cover boy, about playing the part. "Someone brought him up to my office to see if he could play Thor," Lee says. "Visually, he would have been good, but in those days we weren't even in a position to do a movie." Lee says Thor "will have to be someone big and strong and kind of blondish. And there should be a nobility."

looks like they dodge bullet there, i would rather have them cast Triple H than Fabio. But hopefully they can found a better actor for the part. also i think i heard rumor he might be in Iron Man 2.

Nick Fury
Release date: Not intended as a solo film, but character will appear in The Avengers universe in summer 2011
Origin: Lee introduced the character in 1963 in the war magazine Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos. "It did very well," Lee says. "But after a couple of years, I got bored with it and wanted to kill it. Years later, I got a lot of fan mail asking, 'What happened to Sgt. Fury?' In those days, there was a popular show called The Man from U.N.C.L.E., so I brought Nick back as a colonel for S.H.I.E.L.D.: Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division."

i thought there was going to be a solo film with Nick Fury. oh well, maybe after the first avenger movie.

2011 will be a busy year for Marvel, i hope DC is planning something big too.

Cause with Avengers, Capt, and the planned Spidey 4. Marvel will dominate that year.

That is a good point.

I forgot Marvel knows how to market their movies, while WB/DC are still trying to figure out how to do something worthwhile with a character not named Batman.

This info is very cool, I read that on the other forums. I would also love to see a team up like that.

I definitely wouldn't object to cameos of the Wasp, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch or Ms. Marvel at the Avengers' headquarters, if Marvel was focusing more on the guys setting out on a mission - even showing up during the final fight to lend a hand to the guys.

Wasp was a founding member. I really hope she gets a hell of a lot more than a cameo.

Wasp was a founding member. I really hope she gets a hell of a lot more than a cameo.

I'm just saying for budget purposes and time restraints, I think that if Marvel wants to play this movie off well and appeal to it's fans in a cost effective manner, they should continue with the male cast that they selected, and do cameos of the others for a future installment of Avengers. After all, you all know how X-Men turned out with all those characters... Just a movie length television show with little to no major special effects and cutting corners to represent each character's mutant abilities.

This isn't strictly Iron Man related. Moving to Marvel forum...

I'm just saying for budget purposes and time restraints, I think that if Marvel wants to play this movie off well and appeal to it's fans in a cost effective manner, they should continue with the male cast that they selected, and do cameos of the others for a future installment of Avengers. After all, you all know how X-Men turned out with all those characters... Just a movie length television show with little to no major special effects and cutting corners to represent each character's mutant abilities.

I doubt the movie would go horrendously over budget if they gave The Wasp more screen time. And she was a founding member. She deserves said screen time.

I don't think appealing to the fans is an issue. I can't see why Marvel wouldn't include Wasp, who is not only one of the 5 original Avengers, but appeals to females as well. Saying Wasp should have a cameo in Avengers is like saying Pepper Potts should have a cameo in IM2.

Yeah I bet Wasp will be a main character. T doubt they'll go with an all male roster. I'm thinking she'll be introduced in Ant-Man.

If avengers is going to be made in 2011 thats BS. That is very dumb. Considering they have already had a couple o ties made.

Even though she is not a founding member, I would definitely like to see Black Widow in there. She would fit in really good along with the SHIELD backdrop, as a secret agent. She could even be a recipient of a secondary attempt at the Super-Soldier Serum created during the Cold War (since the original was lost) thereby giving her some Super-hero chops (though not to the level as Cap). The serum could be said to slow her aging, making her a cold-war double agent from the 80s (end the Cold War) that is still kicking 35 years later. She could be already included as Fury is going about recruting IM, etc...

And Wasp is a must... She can be the first test subject for the Pym Particles, where the shrinking process creates residual biochemical energy that she can expend in her Wasp-sting blasts.

Along with that, I just hope that we don't see a guy with a horned helmut talking to ants. Leave that to Honey I Shrunk the Kids.

Captain America(Similar to alex ross cap), Iron Man(Upgraded suit), Hawkeye(with a cool suit), Thor, luke cage. they will most likely have hulk in it and nick fury.

The Avengers
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Captain America
Ant-Man

I find it difficult to believe that Marvel can have all of these films completed by 2011. I also maintain that Ant-Man will be a mistake.

Captain America
Ironman
Thor
Wasp
Ant-Man
Hulk(primarily Banner)- only seen as monster during his capture then again in final fight against villain(s) and leaves team for good

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"