The Avengers roster for 2012

Discussion in 'Marvel's The Avengers' started by ProfeZZor X, Jun 25, 2008.

1. FaT_tONle

FaT_tONle Well-Known Member

Well we don't need Wanda and Pietro for Avengers 1... but I think down the line... especially if you add a character like Vision... SW would be pivotal for a love triangle or whatever. Definitely would be cool for Marvel to reintegrate the mutant universe into their world. You don't have to go crazy with it but some vague connections to Magneto/Brotherhood or Xavier/X-Men could work. They need the rights first.

2. darthlaney

darthlaney Kryptonian Son

The Avengers have a revolving leadership depending on who is active at the time - they all live very busy lives.

Iron Man, Wasp, Black Widow, Hawkeye (and others) have all been leaders when Cap has been inactive.

3. Venomfan

Venomfan Well-Known Member

well in Demon in a Bottle Cap is on the team, but Iron Man is above him. Seemed really wierd to me because i had assumed Cap was always the leader. Later i discoved he wasn't on the original lineup either. speaking of which does anyone know why Cap wasn't on the original line up?

4. Spider-Vader

Spider-Vader Mercin' & Workin'

I don't think he was found yet.

But I'm not sure.

5. [A]

[A] Well-Known Member

Marvel to Film Next Four Films at Raleigh Studios
    Source: Marvel Studio

6. Iron_Stark

Iron_Stark That's a one-off

Judging from the new cartoon, the roster for the movie's going to have the Big Three, Hulk, Ant-Man/Giant Man and the Wasp.

7. Kirk Langstrom

Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

Correct. They found and revived him in Avengers #4. He was made an Honorary Founding Member later on.

8. RAMORE

RAMORE ~The First Avenger~

Which is weird cause he is the avengers you know:)

9. Rich Santoro

Rich Santoro Addicted to degeneracy

Well... all that played out a few decades ago, so now that fact is obscured by time. Not too mention that when Cap took over, the team was called the Captains Kooky Quartet.

10. GNR

GNR Well-Known Member

I hope they include the black ops side of things,that would really separate this movie from a typical superhero team up.

Hawkeye,Widow and maybe Quicksilver could be Fury's team which gets their hands dirty and go on missions that the main team can't.

11. captaintass

captaintass Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the She Hulk in some capacity...but then again I have more than a little tumescence for women with muscles.

[​IMG]

12. [A]

[A] Well-Known Member

Hmm.. hello.

13. captaintass

captaintass Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly.

[​IMG]

14. I'm Venom

I'm Venom "Hi, honey..."

The biggest moneymaker would be to have Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Wolverine, as they already have movies out and people are familiar with them. Now that would be awesome! They fight Hulk in the first half of the movie and gain him to fight against Brotherhood/Magneto.

15. Matt312

Matt312 Well-Known Member

If we get Ultron we should get Vision.

16. LEGO Spidey

LEGO Spidey Well-Known Member

I'd love it if this movie had a scene in which Tony starts rambling about how Thor is actually native to an extra-dimensional planetary system, and then Thor calmly chides him for being all too human when wanting to explain away every little piece of fantasy/magic/whatever in the world using science, something which Thor claims cannot be done and is attempted only by mortals.

17. Rich Santoro

Rich Santoro Addicted to degeneracy

^ That is actually not bad... I get caught up on the details... and that scenario would be a great way to ground the situation, without having to "know".

18. GNR

GNR Well-Known Member

Cap,Thor,Iron Man,Hulk,Giant Man,Wasp

Black Ops supporting team;Fury,War Machine,Hawkeye,Widow

19. Superhero 101

Thor Iron Man Hulk Black Widow Nick Fury and Captain America

20. Lobo

Lobo Snow Wifey

I'd want

Cap
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Hawkeye
    Black Widow
    Ant-Man
    Wasp

21. Aztec

Aztec Well-Known Member

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't want anyone outside of Hulk, Cap, Iron Man, and Thor; but after reading The Ultimates and seeing how cool Hawkeye, the Pyms, and Magneto's kids could be I wouldn't mind including them as well.

22. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

This movie needs to center around the icons, Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Giant/Ant Man, and Wasp with Fury, Black Widow, and Hawkeye in support. The villains should be Loki along with either Ultron or Kang.

23. chris moore

chris moore Well-Known Member

No black ops team. No 10,000 support soldiers. It should be Nick Fury's hero team for superpowered threats - not terrorist ones of any kind.

Nick has already begun putting together the team and already has Hawkeye and Black Widow on board as non-superpowered agents who can nonetheless do what they do better than anyone alive. Then he goes to Stark (as the first emergence of a civilian superhero style person), who in turn goes to Ross. Then the emergence in the public eye of Iron Man prompts Giant-Man's movie/foray into self experimentation with his discovery of Pym Particles. This attracts Fury's attention, so he gets approached too (at which point he has been forced to infuse his fiance Janet with altered Pym particles to save her life during his movie).

The gist being the superpowered heroes get approached about the Avenger initiative firstly to assemble a team that can stand against superpowered threats. But secondly (and the reason SHIELD is involved) to make sure that emerging superheroes who are being heroic stay that way, don't get corrupted or take the law into their own hands too much (property damage, recklessly endangering civilians with superbattles in the street) and can be controlled to a degree.

Cap comes in as the last addition to the team by whatever way they bring him into modern times in his own movie - either the Avengers are the ones who find him if his movie is entirely WWII ending in falling into the arctic. Or by his being approached nby Nick at the end of his movie just like Tony was if Cap's movie moves into today but he doesnt work directly with SHIELD in it so only meets Nick in the after credit closer.

Oh, and Thor could go either way depending on how his movie is handled (too little realism/unexplainable myth doesnt fit in enough with the linked world Iron Man and Hulk movies have created). No Quicksilver or Scarlet witch cos that means Mutants, which is a can of worms in a movie series where mutants are unheard of.

24. UltimateJustin

UltimateJustin The Hype's Black Purist

No way!

My Avengers 2010 lineup:

Wolverine
    Gambit
    Ice Man
    Rogue
    Beast-Man
    Tri-Klops
    Man-E-Faces

25. FVD

FVD Ascendant Here On

I think as long as Fox doesn't really own the rights to Pietro and Wanda then perhaps they can appear in an Avengers sequel with Vision included. They don't need to be in the first movie.

As for Hawkeye well ain't it rumoured that he'll be making an appearance in IM2?

And this crap about Thor being an alien what the hell are you smoking? I don't want any form of science revolving around everybody's favourite Norse Thunder God.