The Avengers The Avengers- THEATRICAL TRAILER Discussion Thread - Part 1

From the FB page:

Only 3 days left until the premiere of the new "Marvel’s The Avengers" trailer on iTunes!

It begins.

EDIT: Can a mod please sticky this thread? Thanks.

Man, those boots look ridiculous. Here is hope that they redesign the suit from scratch for the Cap sequel, because this one has not a single redeeming quality.
I don't get how the designer for TA got almost everything right, but completely f*** up Caps suit. I guess we can be glad they put Hawkeye in his Ultimate outfit, because if they approached the 616 costume similar to this Cap outfit, no one could take Hawkeye serious.
And I say that as a huge Hawkeye fan.

I like the boots and gloves. I think the way they tighten is cool. They are like modified boots soldiers wear today.

Let me guess, you wanted the pirate boots right ;)

Nope. No fan of the Pirate boots either. But it can't be to hard to design good looking boots. Some people do that every day.

I think they do look cool, and no one else seems to be complaining about the boots. I don't actually think i've seen the boots mentioned once in a negative manner. It's usually the helmet or the lack of the star on the back or cheap looking material.

Of course i'm not saying you're wrong, just saying it's something no one else has really complained about.

@R_Hythlodeus
Wow, I almost 100% disagree with you. This suit is superior to the TFA suit in every way IMO. From the color, to the gloves and boots, to the design. Not to say the TFA was bad, it was just "good enough."

Just because YOU can't take him seriousy don't think everyone else can't, most people like the way he looks.

don't get me wrong, this suit is such a mess, the boots aren't that high a priority on my complaining list, but on this gif pic I was instantly reminded how ugly they are.

that said, this thread is about the trailer, not about caps costume, so I will take my rant to any thread about caps costume (there are a handful if my memory serves me right), as soon as I feel like complaining.

It's funny, I remember before TFA came out the vast majority were moaning about it. Too many straps, not accurate to the comics, the boots and gloves were brown instead of red.

Now it's the best thing since sliced bread?

I think they are both great suits. Although the helmet and neck area does still look dodgy in some shots.

It's funny, I remember before TFA came out the vast majority were moaning about it. Too many straps, not accurate to the comics, the boots and gloves were brown instead of red.

I think they are both great suits. Although the helmet and neck area does still look dodgy in some shots.

I NEVER said anything negative about the TFA suit, loved it from day one.

I NEVER said anything negative about the TFA suit, loved it from day one.

I love it in certain scenes, like the hydra fight. But in other scenes it looks awkward, like in scenes where he's standing still. The new suit looks fantastic when he's standing still though IMO.

Last edited:
The Morningstar said:
Why should being a God mean anything? Why should being a God make them automatically stronger? I can think of a great number of characters who are not Gods but are more powerful than the likes of Thor. Thanos, Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Fire Lord, Sentry, Annihilus, Nova Prime, Black Bolt.

Thor should be the most powerful on Earth, yea. But there is many more characters in Marvel that are far and beyond anyone on planet Earth.

Lol, you keep saying Surfer and Gladiator are more powerful than Thor when he's beaten both of them several times. Blackbolt is definately not more powerful (Fire Lord isn't either) and from what we've seen with Seige, neither is Sentry who couldn't even kill Thor in his void form.

Yes I do realize that Bob wanted to be killed, but that didn't stop him from ripping Ares in half and if he could've beaten Thor he would've. Besides these characters are only as powerful as the situation calls for so it's kinda pointless since they're all around the same level anyway (except Annihilus).

Last edited:
17 million views and growing.

This film is going to be massive.

Just my input on the Cap costume topic;

His costume in TFA was very good, better than I thought it would be. His costume in TA on the other hand is oddly the weakest of the bunch. I always though Thor's would be the hardest to translate on screen and be the worst, but I actually think his (bare armed) version is the best. You wouldn't have thought making a modern Cap costume look mint would be difficult but Whedon has made an odd choice.

Still it's nothing that is going to detract my enjoyment from the movie. Cap is far from my favourite hero so I can let it slide. If his character is darker and messed up as the interviews seem to suggest then I will happily ignore his costume.

See what I mean.

There are people who dislike this costume and I cannot understand why. To each his own I guess. Looks great to me.

Last edited:
No wait, that stays there because it's a stickied thread.

Fail on my part.

Totally predictable. There's always a lot of complaining until the film comes out and of course they love it. Then it's off to complaining about the sequel.

Totally predictable. There's always a lot of complaining until the film comes out and of course they love it. Then it's off to complaining about the sequel.

Indeed.

And I do think that yes in some shots the helmet and neck area look dodgy, so I do hope that they VFX it in post prod so that it's flawless.

I really liked Cap's costume in CA:TFA and I love his costume in TA as well, I think both costumes work best in their respective films due to the difference in time periods.

I didn't really like Thor's sleeveless look when the post credits teaser was released, but after seeing much more of it I'm starting to like it quite alot although I still prefer the chain mail sleeves.

I really liked Cap's costume in CA:TFA and I love his costume in TA as well, I think both costumes work best in their respective films due to the difference in time periods.

I didn't really like Thor's sleeveless look when the post credits teaser was released, but after seeing much more of it I'm starting to like it quite alot although I still prefer the chain mail sleeves.

Agreed about Thor's costume. I think the sleeveless looks better with no cape, it reminds me of his Ultimate costume which I really like.

Agreed about Thor's costume. I think the sleeveless looks better with no cape, it reminds me of his Ultimate costume which I really like.

Well I think the sleeveless costume looks better with the cape, it looks alot like Thor's classic 616 costume which is very nice to see.

I'm lovin both Cap suits.
The TFA one really struck meto with the ingenuity of its retro modern look.
besides, what counts how it looks while watching film itself.
So far, judging by the latest trailer, THIS ultra Cap fan is happy.

Well I think the sleeveless costume looks better with the cape, it looks alot like Thor's classic 616 costume which is very nice to see.

I hadn't even thought about that but it does resemble his classic costume, good catch.

I'm lovin both Cap suits.
The TFA one really struck meto with the ingenuity of its retro modern look.
besides, what counts how it looks while watching film itself.
So far, judging by the latest trailer, THIS ultra Cap fan is happy.

I love both of them as well and I feel the same way about each of Thor's suits, so this ultra Thor fan is very also happy. :woot:

I guess we're just a couple of happy campers I suppose (lol).

Exactly! Agree with this sentiment.

The sleeveless outfit is for the ladies; I guess they couln't work a shirtless scene into the film so this was the compromise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"