The Avengers The Avengers- THEATRICAL TRAILER Discussion Thread - Part 1

My main issue with Rachel was... why are Bruce and Harvey interested in her? And i'm not talking about looks, i'm talking personality.

Rachel Dawes was a very poorly written character. In Batman Begins she was bland and repulsive at once. Her lack of compassion and understanding for Bruce and her utter inflexibility made her totally unlikable. It was clear that she simply could not comprehend how Bruce's loss affected him as a person and drove him to wish for revenge against his parents' killer. Had Dawes been a more sympathetic character, in every sense of the word, her death might have had more impact.
I was kind of surprised that she'd be shocked at Bruce even thinking about revenge. That shows a real lack of sympathy and understanding for where he was in his life. Rachel just seems so detached from the basic human emotions that Bruce had to live with after seeing his parents killed in cold blood and then watching the criminal get off free before actually getting shot by someone else.

In TDK, I actually didn't really care that she got killed since she was such a forgettable character. Even after her death, Bruce seemed more concerned with Harvey than with her death, which makes her ever less of an important character.

Last edited:
In TDK, I actually didn't really care that she got killed since she was such a forgettable character. Even after her death, Bruce seemed more concerned with Harvey than with her death, which makes her ever less of an important character.

I think I felt more sorry that Bruce was sad because he lost one of his friends than I actually did for Rachel dying.

^^^ Hahahaha, I see you're saying that in all the popular threads.

Damn it, BigThor... your avy with that perfect Hulk. He looks so real!

^^^ Hahahaha, I see you're saying that in all the popular threads.

On a THE AVENGERS theatrical trailer thread, they're talking about some insignificant character from an unrelated franchise.

It needs some Echostation. :yay:

what is Echostation???

He's the guy who went postal over in the Review & Spoilers thread because no one posted reviews & spoilers. He had a point, as amusing as his rage was to witness.

Damn it, BigThor... your avy with that perfect Hulk. He looks so real!

Thanks, it's one of my favorite Hulk shots so far but I'm waiting for a shot of Thor doing something truely epic to replace it.

He's the guy who went postal over in the Review & Spoilers thread because no one posted reviews & spoilers. He had a point, as amusing as his rage was to witness.

he got himself banned the last time I saw him around here. Can't remember what nonsense it was about.

Thanks, it's one of my favorite Hulk shots so far but I'm waiting for a shot of Thor doing something truely epic to replace it.
I dunno, I love my Thor but this is hard... Hulk suddenly just got so awesome out of nowhere :o

he got himself banned the last time I saw him around here. Can't remember what nonsense it was about.
This really doesn't surprise me. The most emotional posters I find stack up the most infractions.

I dunno, I love my Thor but this is hard... Hulk suddenly just got so awesome out of nowhere :o

Hulk's been awesome, but no one's gonna take the place of The God of Thunder in my eyes.

They're both up there for me in terms of this movie, but Thor will likely reign surpreme once i've watched it and got invested in him. Marketing hasn't clued us in much on his subplot.

They're both up there for me in terms of this movie, but Thor will likely reign surpreme once i've watched it and got invested in him. Marketing hasn't clued us in much on his subplot.

Sure haven't, I'm not gonna lie my interest in this film is a bit lower than it was initially due to his small role in the spots & trailers.

Who's going to watch the Red Carpet special on Wednesday when they stream it?

Thor's "subplot" is the whole movie. His maniacal brother invades the Earth with an alien army and he's torn between trying to reason with/take care of Loki and stopping him from destroying Midgard. Everything else flows from that.

Thor is so central to the plot that it could be the reason so few of his scenes have been shown. If we get to see his pivotal interactions with Loki and his fights, it could spoil the entire film.

Thor's "subplot" is the whole movie. His maniacal brother invades the Earth with an alien army and he's torn between trying to reason with/take care of Loki and stopping him from destroying Midgard. Everything else flows from that.

Thor is so central to the plot that it could be the reason so few of his scenes have been shown. If we get to see his pivotal interactions with Loki and his fights, it could spoil the entire film.
Touché.

Yeah, mostly just b-roll, technical problems, then if you're lucky-- an interviewer asking an actor a stupid question and getting a vague answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"