The Avengers The Avengers- THEATRICAL TRAILER Discussion Thread - Part 1

Not to troll or anything, this is of concern obviously not just to me.Anyone else around here feel the same?

"S3. The Lack of a Cinematic Feel

There’s been talk that the film doesn’t really feel so much like a blockbuster movie, but rather, that it has a television quality to it. That worries me quite a bit, especially because these previews they’ve put out have certainly given off that vibe to me. I’m a big fan of television, but I’m an even bigger fan of film. One of the biggest pleasures I have is the movie experience. My alarm clock is the THX sound. I get goosebumps when I hear the new Disney intro theme. I can hum you the pre-preview AMC theatres song where the film strip drops all the reels. I sit in the center aisle, center row of the auditorium if I can. To me, if this film comes off like a made for TV movie or an elongated episode of Heroes or God forbid The Cape, it’s going to completely throw me off and irk me. o here's an explanation by someone on the forbidden site about my complaints about the look and feel of the trailers, (and movie, therefore, unfortunately). What i would like is to know if anyone agrees about this "look" and cinematography issue other than me. :"
By, Anthony Mango

I agree with the bold.

We won't know until we actually get to see the movie. Even if it feels like TV from what we've seen its actually better than whats been previously done in other the marvel movies. As long as its better than Ironman 1 and the action is equal to or better than Transformers i don't care. That my personal oppinion.

One of the things that I've read is they went to the smaller screen format, because the post convert 3D looks better in this format, and is the same reason alot of post convert 3D movies go to this same format. I think people prefer the Anamorphic scope especially when watching non 3D, because it gives a much wider field of vision.

Also, the movie appears to have a lot of vertical action (re: aerial battles), so that plays a factor into it as well.

I think it because there's no awkward sexual tension going on. Kind of like how two girls can touch each other with out pause.

No, it was inappropriate, period. His sexual orientation doesn't give him the right to publicly violate Johansson that way. I can't even imagine what was in his head, first to ask that question, then to grab her breast. Drunk, drugged or dumb as hell, take your pick.

No, it was inappropriate, period. His sexual orientation doesn't give him the right to publicly violate Johansson that way. I can't even imagine what was in his head, first to ask that question, then to grab her breast. Drunk, drugged or dumb as hell, take your pick.

Very true :up:

Some of the explanations for the 1.85:1 look are quite good and very reasonable. I hope it works. Now, i have been following this movie every single minute i have available but, Is it me or has there never been so much buzz about a film? Man this is crazy and i'm starting to feel like there's to many trailers and videos, though i can't stop watching!

I agree with the bold.

We won't know until we actually get to see the movie. Even if it feels like TV from what we've seen its actually better than whats been previously done in other the marvel movies. As long as its better than Ironman 1 and the action is equal to or better than Transformers i don't care. That my personal oppinion.

Maybe it's because our tvs are more like the theatre now? Heck I'd rather watch a movie on my system than a theatre. That and the production values on a lot of tv shows are equal to that of feature films. Take Game of Thrones or even the BBC's Sherlock Holmes for example.

Maybe it's because our tvs are more like the theatre now? Heck I'd rather watch a movie on my system than a theatre. That and the production values on a lot of tv shows are equal to that of feature films. Take Game of Thrones or even the BBC's Sherlock Holmes for example.
I think people saying "It looks like TV" isn't a good comparison any more due to almost every show being in HD, TV shows are shot/written/casted like mini-movies, and the difference between a nice home theater system and the movie theater aren't as great as they used to be.

I think people saying "It looks like TV" isn't a good comparison any more due to almost every show being in HD, TV shows are shot/written/casted like mini-movies, and the difference between a nice home theater system and the movie theater aren't as great as they used to be.

i beg to differ, IMHO there is no comparison between big, properly calibrated screens, the different aspect ratios possible and a tv. Of course not everyone has the space, budget, etc. for really big screens, but look at the industry and it's evolution and there's a clear path towards bigger tv's and the reason is simple, the suspension of disbelief is far greater on the bigger screens. And then there's the soap opera effect, caused by a combination of the innability of LCD to switch at extreme high speeds and the fix, the 120-240hz processing. Most filmakers and industry professionals simply don't feel like it looks acceptable or faithfull. It essentially is making film look like the 6:00 pm soap opera or a video game. This is like buying a Piccasso and retouching some of the colors to make it look brighter and new. Filmmaking is an art form and movies should be watched so that they resemble the original as close as possible. Also, if we talk about 3d, there is simply no comparison to the bigger screens, no "cardboard effect". On the other hand, the intimacy of a home system is very hard to beat, but this may or may not be related to quality. I have a 63" Samsung and always turn off 120-240hz so that it looks more filmlike. I also have a Vidikron Vision 70 1080p Projector with Cinewide, (no black bars on scope),and a 115" 2.35:1 screen and i loooovvve movies. I would have honestly chosen scope for a movie this big. I just hope it works. Anyone think Thor and Hulk really clash, it seems odd there's no indication except for Ruffallo commenting on a kind of indirect way...?

Last edited:
27yd7ar.gif

i beg to differ, IMHO there is no comparison between big, properly calibrated screens, the different aspect ratios possible and a tv. Of course not everyone has the space, budget, etc. for really big screens, but look at the industry and it's evolution and there's a clear path towards bigger tv's and the reason is simple, the suspension of disbelief is far greater on the bigger screens. And then there's the soap opera effect, caused by a combination of the innability of LCD to switch at extreme high speeds and the fix, the 120-240hz processing. Most filmakers and industry professionals simply don't feel like it looks acceptable or faithfull. It essentially is making film look like the 6:00 pm soap opera or a video game. This is like buying a Piccasso and retouching some of the colors to make it look brighter and new. Filmmaking is an art form and movies should be watched so that they resemble the original as close as possible. Also, if we talk about 3d, there is simply no comparison to the bigger screens, no "cardboard effect". On the other hand, the intimacy of a home system is very hard to beat, but this may or may not be related to quality. I have a 63" Samsung and always turn off 120-240hz so that it looks more filmlike. I also have a Vidikron Vision 70 1080p Projector with Cinewide, (no black bars on scope),and a 115" 2.35:1 screen and i loooovvve movies. I would have honestly chosen scope for a movie this big. I just hope it works. Anyone think Thor and Hulk really clash, it seems odd there's no indication except for Ruffallo commenting on a kind of indirect way...?

I know this isn't really anything to do with the discussion, but a Cinewide projector? If you ever decide to sell it can I be your first buyer? :woot: LOL anyway....I find it rediculous that people are comparing the movie to the look of a tv movie, it looks nothing like it and will look nothing like it when they see it on the big screen.

Oh and I just saw an Avengers TV Spot...On TV. for the first time.:awesome:

I know this isn't really anything to do with the discussion, but a Cinewide projector? If you ever decide to sell it can I be your first buyer? :woot: LOL anyway....I find it rediculous that people are comparing the movie to the look of a tv movie, it looks nothing like it and will look nothing like it when they see it on the big screen.

Bosef982, who has actually seen the movie, has already completely dispelled the 'looks like a tv show' bollocks. All of the tweets last night after the premiere made no such criticism.

Anybody still bringing up this BS is just trying to do low-grade trolling and should be ignored with extreme prejudice.

How does something look like tv, exactly? Who could tell that?

Bosef982, who has actually seen the movie, has already completely dispelled the 'looks like a tv show' bollocks. All of the tweets last night after the premiere made no such criticism.

Anybody still bringing up this BS is just trying to do low-grade trolling and should be ignored with extreme prejudice.
That's why I'm kind of not buying into raimar's load of bull about it not looking good enough for film, no matter how good of equipment he supposedly has. Plus, the different film ratios are a matter of preference, not quality, that most people don't notice until they actually get the DVD/Blu-ray version of the movie.

I've seen the Avengers tv spots played multiple times a day for the last 3 weeks, I'm waiting to see the Cap tv spot and Thor tv spot now (I've seen the rest).

This one in particular is not for sale. The Projector is a Vidikron, which when used in conjunction with an anamorphic lens, is called Cinewide by the manufacturer: http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_spec_3542.pdf

Vidikron is no longer being sold, only Runco, which owns Vidikron. I'll send you some pictures if you send me you're email address. And the explanation about tv vs. cinema look is above. Anyway, it seems like the look and feel of the movie is going to be just fine, we'll have to wait and see what the critics and general public say about it if anything. Obviously new info for you!

Actually I thought it looked like a comic book....we had to turn the page to get to the next scene...it was rough waiting for the slow readers to finish so we could read on

:lmao:

Not just ignored, but ignored with extreme prejudice. Overkill, but I love it.

Keep in mind the 'looks like tv' stuff is from this guy -

raimar said:
Mark my words guys, it's going to flunk hard!!!!Who is this movie for?, the fanboy?, Ok, so it will get close to 300millions, be mocked by the critics,mocked by the tweeny army, those guys don't really like this stuff, and we will never get to see the full potential of what this movie could have done. I bet you my life Cris Nolan is on his way to surgery for the hernia he got, has't been able to stop laughing after seeing this! What incredible crap. Damnnn I Am a Marvel Fan#$%^^%%^&*&^%^!

raimar said:
i watch and own lots of movies including several hundred foreign movies, have an Oscar collection, I am broadspectrum when it comes to movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"