BvS The Barry Allen/Flash Casting Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trailer Theme [YT]PaF9hvc_37Y[/YT]
:wow::wow:

I love this theme, especially after 2:07. In the trailer that part is perfectly synchronized with his running and it gives an awesome effect. Can't wait for the show. I haven't watched Arrow but I think this guy will be a good Barry Flash. If all turns out well I hope they cast him in the JL movie too along with Amell's Green Arrow, to continue the universe that has already been set and add the fans of the shows to the DC movie fanbase.

I love this theme, especially after 2:07. In the trailer that part is perfectly synchronized with his running and it gives an awesome effect. Can't wait for the show. I haven't watched Arrow but I think this guy will be a good Barry Flash. If all turns out well I hope they cast him in the JL movie too along with Amell's Green Arrow, to continue the universe that has already been set and add the fans of the shows to the DC movie fanbase.

How many people are fans of the show arrow or (will be) fans of the flash show are not fans of the character, or not fans of Batman and/or Superman?

Connecting the shows with the movies are not going to add fans. It's only going to hinder what the shows can do and lower quality talent in the movies.

Seriously connecting them is going to be good for no one

That would have been me. :cwink:

I used to fan cast comics back in school. I had Tom Cruise as Cyclops, Val Kilmer as Iceman (of course)

Ha awesome. :D

Harvey Keitel as Wolverine, Rutger Hauer as Magneto, Angela Basset as Storm, Dolph Lundgren as Colossus and Patrick Stewart as Professor X.

Damn, nice cast! I think Patrick Stewart is probably the casting most like the comics in the X movies...really perfect casting, IMO. I also could have totally seen Mel Gibson as Wolverine.

Am I the only one really excited for a rebooted, non Singer related X Men one day? Just out of curiousity.

Last edited:

The music in the trailer was great, I agree.

What would you guys do if Barry's moments were taken down? And he doesn't even gets mentioned?

I hope smth like this suit for the Flash.
wonder_woman_is_what____by_hank412-d7lwak2.jpg

Yeah i gotta say i'm not a fan of either of those suits. They're overdesigned IMO.

The Green Lantern one is pretty good but yeah not the Flash one.

I agree that the GL is nearly perfect. I'd be glad with smth like this for GL. And yeah it's better than the flash costume.

Ryan Reynolds would have been my top choice for The Flash if it wasn't for him already playing Green Lantern. I always thought he was better suited for the role of Barry Allen, though I think with the right director/script he would have been very good as Green Lantern too.

Bradley Cooper (like him better as Hal Jordan), Chris Pine (like him better as Hal too) Ryan Gosling, Alex Pettyfer, Garret Hedlund, Scott Speedman, Charlie Hunnam, Cam Gigandet. I'd be fine with any of these, though Gigandet would be kind of a last resort. If I had my choice I'd probably go with Gosling as Flash and Cooper as Lantern. I'm not really a big Gosling fan but he's the best actor of the bunch and looks the part. Cooper fits Lantern more to me, though I think he could do either role well.

Personally I think they should try to fill out the rest main Justice League members (Flash, Lantern, Aquaman) with at least some what established actors, if not some bigger names. Not that they should turn away unknowns if they fit the role well but I want to see a well acted film. It's the first Justice League, something I've wanted to see for a long time, I want it to be good.

I really hope they don't connect the Arrow and Flash shows to the Justice League. I really don't like Grant Gustin as Flash. I also don't want anyone that young in any of these movies. Leave the High School version of Flash for the tween market of CW. I don't want to see that on the big screen.

I'm thinking we're going to get Barry Allen casting news soon... :D

Can't wait for them... what is the exact day for SDCC?

Ryan Reynolds would have been my top choice for The Flash if it wasn't for him already playing Green Lantern. I always thought he was better suited for the role of Barry Allen, though I think with the right director/script he would have been very good as Green Lantern too.

Bradley Cooper (like him better as Hal Jordan), Chris Pine (like him better as Hal too) Ryan Gosling, Alex Pettyfer, Garret Hedlund, Scott Speedman, Charlie Hunnam, Cam Gigandet. I'd be fine with any of these, though Gigandet would be kind of a last resort. If I had my choice I'd probably go with Gosling as Flash and Cooper as Lantern. I'm not really a big Gosling fan but he's the best actor of the bunch and looks the part. Cooper fits Lantern more to me, though I think he could do either role well.

Personally I think they should try to fill out the rest main Justice League members (Flash, Lantern, Aquaman) with at least some what established actors, if not some bigger names. Not that they should turn away unknowns if they fit the role well but I want to see a well acted film. It's the first Justice League, something I've wanted to see for a long time, I want it to be good.

I really hope they don't connect the Arrow and Flash shows to the Justice League. I really don't like Grant Gustin as Flash. I also don't want anyone that young in any of these movies. Leave the High School version of Flash for the tween market of CW. I don't want to see that on the big screen.

Garrett Hedlund or Charlie Hunnam would be solid choices as Barry Allen/Flash. I would also still like to Gyllenhaal considered, but it's doubtful.

WB seems to be looking for not recognised top stars for the superheroes bar Ben Affleck. So when Barry is cast I think it will be someone not known to the general audience that much/

They will be known actors. :BA

I'm probably giving the GA too much credit though.

Ryan Reynolds for Flash!

LOL. Seriously though, remember when he was heavily rumored for the role? Those were the days...

First, I apologize that my first post is so long.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of multiple versions of the same character existing on screen. In this case, IF they go with Barry in the JL movie.
I know a lot of people here seem to be against it for reasons I don't quite get(I'very lurked a lot)(blah blah "TV actors", whatever) but part of me thinks a second Barry Allen kind of downplays the impact of the character. Fans of one may reject the other version, subconsciously or actively.
I could be projecting my own thoughts.

Yes, true, the shared universe aspect wasn't really a thing until Marvel did it recently, but all that did was show that something that may have seemed complicated could be done.

It's like, ignore that BvS is happening, if there was currently an existing big screen Batman with his own movies while MoS exists...we'd be begging to see them on screen together because we know those characters exist in the same universe originally. Sure it doesn't HAVE to happen, not everyone knows which company owns which characters, but it's a logical and very cool way to expand.
So in other words, the shared universe thing, to me, isn't just some unique experiment that somehow worked. It worked bc it made sense to any person who is aware that the Avengers or Justice League is a thing.

I know I'll have seen and probably enjoyed quite a bit of the TV Flash before Justice League. Assuming a different actor is cast for the movies, I know myself. I'll be thinking "Ugh...this guy isn't my Flash. I've seen so much back.story and character development and they're just gonna dump some new guy off on me?"

Petty? Maybe. But I won't be alone.

Even if they go Wally, the average person will want an explanation. Will Wally be the original Flash on the big screen?
Maybe I'm overthinking this part.

I could PROBABLY get behind a multiverse explanation if it was actually addressed in the overarching narrative. At least I'd think, "Cool, WB is being self aware about all their live action products." And a multiverse is very DC and a way to stand out from Marvel. And actually using multiple Flashes via the multiverse would be amazing.

Tldr; Since I'll probably enjoy CWs Flash, a different version will feel second rate. But I'll still watch and enjoy anyway.

Ryan Reynolds for Flash!

LOL. Seriously though, remember when he was heavily rumored for the role? Those were the days...

Ryan Gosling for the Flash! And I'm being serious.

Though I doubt he would ever do a superhero movie.

First, I apologize that my first post is so long.

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of multiple versions of the same character existing on screen. In this case, IF they go with Barry in the JL movie.
I know a lot of people here seem to be against it for reasons I don't quite get(I'very lurked a lot)(blah blah "TV actors", whatever) but part of me thinks a second Barry Allen kind of downplays the impact of the character. Fans of one may reject the other version, subconsciously or actively.
I could be projecting my own thoughts.

Tldr; Since I'll probably enjoy CWs Flash, a different version will feel second rate. But I'll still watch and enjoy anyway.

There are alot of reasons why it doesn't make sense to connect the current TV Series actors/characters to the movie universe. The biggest reason is because it forces actors/storylines/history onto the movie Directors who will want to choose their actors/storylines/history for the characters. Maybe if the movies came first and you could get the actors that play the role in the movie to also play them in a TV series it would make sense, but it's unrealistic to get movie actors to play TV roles.

Zack Synder is directing the Justice League movie, what if he doesn't like the direction the Arrow or Flash TV shows are going in? What if he doesn't like the actors playing the characters? What if he can get better actors to play the roles in his movie? What if he wants someone older to play Flash in the movie? What if he doesn't like the backstory of the TV characters? He'll undoubtedly have a higher budget to work with so the CGI will be much better, he'll have much better writers at his disposal as well. Why should he have those actors and backstories forced on him? He will obviously have his own ideas for the characters, many of which will probably contradict what has already been put on screen for Arrow and Flash. Not to mention they will probably be better written/acted characters, seeing as he has better writers and actors at his disposal, along with better CGI people/budget.

Connecting the TV shows and movies will limit the TV shows writing/storyline ability as well, because they will have to acknowledge events from the movies, written by different people and directed by a different director, thus having to break off parts of their own original storylines. And vise versa, because Snyder and company will have to incorporate things from the TV shows that might not fit his vision for the characters.

Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin aren't very good actors IMO, they are OK for TV shows but it's literally inevitable that Snyder will hire better actors for the roles. I'm sure there will be a group of fans that will feel the way you do, because they will be invested in the TV characters but it's highly unlikely the quality of the TV show will hold up to the movie characters. Once the movies come out the TV show will be the version that feels second rate, because it will be based on the acting talent, writers and CGI being much better in the movies.

Side note: As far as I'm concerned you should never apologize for writing a "long" post, the term "too long, didn't read" personally makes me sick. As long as you're writing something interesting, who gives a **** if people lack the attention span to read more than a couple sentences. I'll read it as long as it's interesting.

Last edited:
Just curious, what age range is Barry Allen usually portrayed as in the comics? Late 20s...early 30s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"