BvS The Barry Allen/Flash Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Valeyard

Civilian
Reaction score
According to Variety, Flash appearing in this film is a done deal.

So who should play The Flash?

My personal choice for Barry would be Dan Stevens from Downtown Abbey and The Fifth Estate.

Dan-Stevens-008.jpg

Dan+Stevens+Fifth+Estate+Press+Conference+-G6v8xmxlVgl.jpg

He has leading man potential if Flash gets a solo franchise.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1405398/

I know that it's very unlikely, but I'm championing for Grant Gustin to keep the part (from "Arrow"). I really liked his take on Barry and that he's a little younger than the rest of the cast, which gives some of the younger audience members someone to relate to.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2652716/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I know that it's very unlikely, but I'm championing for Grant Gustin to keep the part (from "Arrow"). I really liked his take on Barry and that he's a little younger than the rest of the cast, which gives some of the younger audience members someone to relate to.

I really like what he's done on Arrow thus far too, but I don't think WB will mix the TV and movie universes that they have at this point. Even though I love the Flash, I think they should hold off on showing him until after this next movie. I mean maybe a cameo as Barry in BvS, but nothing more.

My choice is Sam Clafin.

sam-claflin-finnick-odair-hunger-games-catching-fire.jpg

Grant Gustin owned the role, keep him I say.

I'm still hoping that the two universe's will be connected so I think it'd be sweet if Gustin came in, that and Gustin has been awesome so far.

I really like what he's done on Arrow thus far too, but I don't think WB will mix the TV and movie universes that they have at this point. Even though I love the Flash, I think they should hold off on showing him until after this next movie. I mean maybe a cameo as Barry in BvS, but nothing more.

Assuming that WB is being upfront and this is meant to be a Batman/Superman movie, I'm okay with waiting as long as we get a reference - especially if Gustin has the part. :oldrazz:

According to Variety, Flash appearing in this film is a done deal.

So who should play The Flash?

My personal choice for Barry would be Dan Stevens from Downtown Abbey and The Fifth Estate.

Dan-Stevens-008.jpg

Dan+Stevens+Fifth+Estate+Press+Conference+-G6v8xmxlVgl.jpg

He has leading man potential if Flash gets a solo franchise.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1405398/

I was eh based on the first picture which you posted on it's own earlier. That second picture however, he's got the look.

wb needs to change their mind about the film and tv universes being separate. are they really going to recast green arrow too? for what? it's not like they'll be making a green arrow movie. amell is serviceable. connect arrow with the mosverse, let the flash tv how run a season, then he can jump off with a solo flick after that. it makes perfect sense. gustin is going to be a big star.

if they're deadset against that, aaron paul is my guy. gosling would be ideal but he'd never play a role like this.

ЯɘvlveR;27354101 said:
wb needs to change their mind about the film and tv universes being separate. re they really going to recast green arrow too? for what? it's not like they'll be making a green arrow movie. amell is serviceable. connect arrow with the mosverse, let the flash tv how run a season, then he can jump off with a solo flick after that. it makes perfect sense. gustin is going to be a big star.

if they're deadset against that, aaron paul is my guy. gosling would be ideal but he'd never play a role like this.
Theyre doing it perfect. If that wooden actor who plays Arrow steps into the films, ill be throwing up on everyones shoes.

Gosling and Paul....that's more like it!

ЯɘvlveR;27354101 said:
wb needs to change their mind about the film and tv universes being separate. re they really going to recast green arrow too? for what? it's not like they'll be making a green arrow movie. amell is serviceable. connect arrow with the mosverse, let the flash tv how run a season, then he can jump off with a solo flick after that. it makes perfect sense. gustin is going to be a big star.

I'm not entirely sure they were telling the truth about them being seperate, wouldn't be the first time WB has tried to misdirect people about things like this.

Theyre doing it perfect. If that wooden actor who plays Arrow steps into the films, ill be throwing up on everyones shoes.

Gosling and Paul....that's more like it!

amell being wooden really shouldn't matter. it's not like green arrow is going to be essential in the filmverse. i don't know if you've seen that arrow episode, but that gustin kid is going to go places.

ЯɘvlveR;27354171 said:
amell being wooden really shouldn't matter. it's not like green arrow is going to be essential in the filmverse. i don't know if you've seen that arrow episode, but that gustin kid is going to go places.

Amell never struck as being wooden. I thought he really shined at the end of season one. He hasn't had much to challenge him outside of that. To each their own.

I'm not entirely sure they were telling the truth about them being seperate, wouldn't be the first time WB has tried to misdirect people about things like this.
i would hope so. thing is, haven't the people of arrow gone on and cast some guy who's going to play grayson or something like that? i think that could be an issue if snyder and co are looking to add nightwing to this film as well, and they're looking to go in another direction.

why settle for Gustin if they could get a legit movie star. What if a Gosling or a Pine sought out the role. Would WB turn them down for Gustin -- the guy they got for CW because that's all the CW can afford?

Is that what you'd really want? Just so the show was in the same universe?

I'm not saying Gustin won't be big. I'm just saying it's stupid for WB to prematurely tie themselves to a CW tv show.

Last edited:
Amell never struck as being wooden. I thought he really shined at the end of season one. He hasn't had much to challenge him outside of that. To each their own.

I've seen a total of one episode of arrow, i think he's serviceable. there's only so much you can expect from an actor with the material given to them.

why settle for Gustin if they could get a legit movie star.

I'm not saying Gustin won't be big. I'm just saying it's stupid for WB to prematurely tie themselves to a CW tv show.

because a legit movie star would be expensive. how stupid can it be? it's their own network with their own properties.

This. Amell has grown as an actor considerably since the show started.

why settle for Gustin if they could get a legit movie star. What if a Gosling or a Pine sought out the role. Would WB turn them down for Gustin -- the guy they got for CW because that's all the CW can afford?

Is that what you'd really want? Just so the show was in the same universe?

The reason that I like Gustin is because I liked him in the part. I'm not expecting the show to be connected to the movie universe, I just like what he brought to the table.

If it were between Gosling or Gustin, I'd easily go Gustin because WB can retain him for more appearances. It seems that Gosling has been put on such a pedestal some seem to treat him as unmatchable. For an actor, their job is to make the character believable. I believe that both candidates can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"