Arrow The Barry Allen/The Flash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can just see it now, Starling City's newest vigilante "That Running Guy."

Well I guess that would work since "The Blur" was already used....

The Red Yellow Blur!

Just don't use Barry Allen or Wally West. Do The Flash as a character but don't use any of the main Flashes, that can be used in a proper feature film.

Let him be a normal guy while he recurs on Arrow, then give him his powers on the first episode of his spin-off. The producers made a big deal about there being no powers in the Arrow-verse, they might as well stick to their word.

Just don't use Barry Allen or Wally West. Do The Flash as a character but don't use any of the main Flashes, that can be used in a proper feature film.

This is a terrible idea. It's been confirmed as Barry

i wouldn't be surprised if Jensen Ackles is cast

Let him be a normal guy while he recurs on Arrow, then give him his powers on the first episode of his spin-off. The producers made a big deal about there being no powers in the Arrow-verse, they might as well stick to their word.

Both shows will still be a part of the same univere. Powers will exist in that universe.

Wow, the Flash was the last character I expected to appear on this show in a recurring role but I'll take it! It's too bad John Wesley Shipp is like 50 years old now. :(

He'll be called The Flash as Oliver Queen will be known as The Green Arrow this season. Jensen would be cool but impossible - he's a lead on Supernatural.

I guess this means that the TV Versions of The Flash & Arrow would be part of the Justice League. They can not have the same rules like they did with Smallville. Or this would impact The Flash in any future Justice League movie

Glad they're bringing in Flash Barry Allen who will get a series spin-off potential.

I hope he looks exactly like the comics and I will bet you Geoff Johns would be all over this.

So do we think Barry Allen will be a CSI on the show without super powers a d then when he spins off to his when show he'll have powers?

Got to admit I'd rather they just did a separate Flash show otherwise it might jeopardise Ollie's journey and ruin the no super powers rule.

I could see a costume like this. A running suit with those lines already in place with a lightning bolt stitched onto it and the helmet made out of something else.

2v12h74.jpg

Basically, I think if there's a running suit that looks somewhat like that - any forensic scientist could easily make this.

no super powers rule.

Shows are not movies, they flow and you learn and re-learn everything through your freshman and sophomore years as a series. Heck, I'd say Smallville's only problem was that it didn't allow itself to evolve. It's more natural not to hold yourself back and take everything as you learn more about the world you're playing around in -- things happen that you have no idea about before season 1. An example of this -- if Kripke kept to showing no angels, we never would have gotten Castiel. Now he's one of the most beloved characters of the series. And there are likely thousands of other examples like this, just very few shows ever tell you these starting-notions. It's not a movie.

Shows are not movies, they flow and you learn and re-learn everything through your freshman and sophomore years as a series. Heck, I'd say Smallville's only problem was that it didn't allow itself to evolve. It's more natural not to hold yourself back and take everything as you learn more about the world you're playing around in -- things happen that you have no idea about before season 1. An example of this -- if Kripke kept to showing no angels, we never would have gotten Castiel.

I know and understand what you are saying.

But Arrows four or five season plan sounded perfect, gritty show that followed Oliver's journey from the first moment on the island to the last and it wouldn't go on longer than it should. I imagine now a situation silimar to Smallville where Clark was often relegated to a secondary character on his own show. This idea stinks of studio interference.

On Smallville, Clark wasn't really relegated to secondary character by the heroes -- only by Green Arrow in later seasons, somewhat -- since they only appeared once in a brief while. Also every time they appeared they had something important to pass on from one another. Those chance acquaintances we all have in life where we meet someone who helps us all progress in our journeys in life. I think the Flash could have the same effect here -- he's a light, comical guy who loves superheroes and brings a whole different view and notion to the table. To just live a little. And I'd say that's what Oliver needs, especially now.

Also what this could leave the door open for --

green+arrow+gl+2.jpg

This absolutely needs to happen. Not right away, but at some point. It's one of the key relationships of the character.

Plus, like for Oliver in 'Smallville' - dealing with finding out that there are supernatural beings out there who have powers? It's bound to shake up the playing board and introduce other complications into the mix. Can a human fight these super powered villains right alongside these super powered heroes or is he not enough? It's really a great struggle and question to ask. And rising above that question is what really makes these human figures in comic books heroic. They're risking a lot more.

Wonder who will play Barry. I really hope it is good and that they call him "The Flash". It really doesn't get much cooler or condensed as far as names go than that. he is one of the few characters who needs as little tampering as possible.

I'm fine if they go the New 52 route, but I don't want to see him in armor no matter what they do, and I don't want the little lines all over him looking distracting or HUGE either if they go the New 52 route, if anyone's seen the New 52 Flash skin in the Injustice game that is about ideal as far as what I'd like a live action New 52 style Flash suit to look like.

Big, heavy looking, treaded gold boots with wrinkles a little above the ankle line are a must, The Flash's colors must be a deep crimson and gold, not red and yellow; the red is deep crimson, and the yellow is gold/metallic looking and shiney. The earpieces are sharp and shiney looking and should look EXACTLY how Ethan Van Sciver draws them, they are not wings and don't have feathers (sorry, Alex Ross), I'd call them door handles before I caled them feathered wings).

Here is a perfect example of what I mean:

flash_van-sciver_3f1.jpg

^^ That's EXACTLY how the ear pieces should look. Period. They look cool there and they look great.

And take a look at this picture below to see what I mean about how the boots should look:

flash_rebirth.jpg

Epic, right? ^^

And finally, I just posted this because I think it would make a fantastic poster for the movie, on the area that Barry Allen is covered by the lightning bolt (but sub the "Z" lightning for Zoom (aka Professor Thawne/"Reverse Flash") out for the actual Flash logo of course, then you have a perfect poster :up: ), he appears in his Flash uniform. Sums up the whole character pretty perfectly:

The_Flash_Rebirth_Cover-4.jpg

Material wise, the suit needs to be very different from a lot of things we have seen before; it must shine, but not look like Spider-Man spandex, but it also has to be "durable" looking like it's made from an actual "scientific" material if you know what I mean.

8clB1cx.jpg

500px-TheFlashNew52.jpg

Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-%E2%80%93-The-Flash-New-52.png

This is the New 52 Flash skin from the Injustice game. It's not bad, I'd just tone the additional lines down a bit more, they can be a bit distracting and make the suit look entirely too busy in some images and detract from the overall suit design; the greatness and beauty and overall genius of The Flash's design is in its simplicity, he should not look like he is a puzzle.

No armor. No all black. No chin strap. Must be crimson and gold, MUST have the ear pieces. No lines all over that are so big that they make his suit look too busy and like a puzzle either, please. His comics look is perfect and one of the best designs of all time right after Spider-Man.

Hopefully it works and my concerns won't matter

I'm not a fan of this show (tried out the first 5-6 episodes) but if they introduce Flash I might check it out just to see that. I hope his own show is better than this or Smallville though, don't like neither.

Yeah, I will be tuning in to see The Flash for sure if he's in an episode of this show.

I won't care about this show until he starts calling himself Green Arrow, grows his hair longer and sports an actual goatee or something more than just a 5 O'clock shadow , and a costume that looks closer to his comics counterpart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"