The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread - Part 1

I may have to wait for Black Friday to grab this bad boy.

Amazon has their listing up now... selling it for pre-order $188.98. I could be as high as $250 by the time it hits brick and mortar stores. Surely that would be too expensive for the casual fan or general public. They will definitely be releasing this in individual volumes next year.

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Comple...sr=1-2&keywords=batman+the+complete+tv+series

Also, I really hope this isn't the final cover.

a16cfe89-cb6d-4c6f-a083-832c8d5b3e33_zps43636bf9.jpg

$190-$250?

6Q331Y3.gif

I may have to wait for Black Friday to grab this bad boy.

Yikes, that price tag kinda sucks. :csad:

But hopefully there is a Black Friday sale for this...otherwise I think I'm gonna hold out on it until the price goes down. :csad:

On one hand this is a very niche item, so $80-100 would be more right.

On the other hand, this is a 40+ year release in the making, so yeah...

Also, I really hope this isn't the final cover.

a16cfe89-cb6d-4c6f-a083-832c8d5b3e33_zps43636bf9.jpg

I doubt it. Amazon puts up teaser images in anticipation of actual cover art all the time. Plus I expect better from Warner Bros. Home Video than that.

Yikes, that price tag kinda sucks. :csad:

But hopefully there is a Black Friday sale for this...otherwise I think I'm gonna hold out on it until the price goes down. :csad:
if it Is the final cover you wont hear ME complaining

I may have to wait as well for the price to go down

Not surprised at the high price. They know people want the item badly and are willing to pay for it.

That's awesome :up:

I'm surprised they used Eartha's Catwoman though.

This thing is sexy! Pity that they didn't put Newmar though.

Newmar's been getting alot of love lately... it's nice to see Kitt get some recognition.

Since this image was posted Warner Archive has tweeted that the series will be UNCUT. This means that the next week bumpers and everything else will be intact.

6:39 PM - 24 Jul 2014

All episodes are uncut! All the bumpers and everything.

https://twitter.com/WarnerArchive/status/492484234095771648

And blu-ray.com have revealed the extras or some of the extras for the the set.

*Hanging with Batman – A true slice of life in the words of Adam West

*Holy Memorabilia Batman! – A journey into the most sought after collectables through the eyes of 3 extraordinary collectors

*Batmania Born! - Building the World of Batman – Explore the art and design behind the fiction.

*Bats of the Round Table – A candid conversation with Adam West and his celebrity friends, chatting all things Bat ’66.

*Inventing Batman in the words of Adam West (episode 1 &2) - A rare treat for the fans as Adam discusses his script notes on bringing Batman to life in the first and second episodes

*Na Na Na Batman! — Hollywood favorites stars and producers recount their favorite Batman memories

Highly Collectible Premiums:

Hot Wheels® Replica Batmobile, The Adam West Scrapbook, 44 Vintage Trading Cards,

By the way iv'e literally just found out about this.

July 24, 2014 6:55 PM

Master Storyteller Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez To Draw Harlan Ellison’s Lost Batman ’66 Episode For DC Digital

The hits keep coming out of DC Comics’ west coast digital comics division, whose senior editor Jim Chadwick announced at Comic-Con International that the next release from his Batman ’66 line will be The Lost Episode. What makes this a big is twofold: the lost episode is indeed a lost episode of the classic 1960s television series starring Adam West and Burt Ward, and it was written by none other than Harlan Ellison; award-winning television, writer, novelist, comics scribe, and notorious litigant. Secondly, the special issue will be drawn by José Luis García-López, one of the best comic book artists of all time. Adapting the script for comics will be Len Wein, a legendary comics figure in his own right.

DC hasn’t released clean images from the project yet, but we know that Ellison’s unproduced script would have introduced Harvey “Two-Face” Dent into the television series.

The news speaks to DC Digital’s tradition of pairing accomplished creators from all generations with the company’s most famous icons with a view to creating self-contained, idiosyncratic visions of DC heroes removed from the narrative and aesthetic confines of the main New 52 line.
Batman ’66: The Lost Episode will go on sale in November.

http://comicsalliance.com/master-st...-66-episode-for-dc-digital/?trackback=tsmclip

Last edited:
The cover is ok. I love the interior box art with Penguin, Joker and Catwoman. I think Penguin is the season 1 box, Catwoman is season 2, and Joker is season 3.

I can't believe we get a Batmobile and trading cards, too :up:

The extras sound terrific. No mention of any episode commentaries though.

I doubt it. Amazon puts up teaser images in anticipation of actual cover art all the time. Plus I expect better from Warner Bros. Home Video than that.

You lied to me about the cover, Sawyer. :argh:

Otherwise, it looks like a great package. I still, however, find it over priced, no matter how many trading cards they cram in there.

There seems to be an absence of Batgirl/Yvonne Craig from this set and most promo materials.

They could have at least put the Batgirl short on the set. Frankly, the extras are a little more disappointing than I first realized.

Yeah I think the season 3 box should have had Batgirl on it rather than the Joker. I mean she was the big main character addition for that season.

You lied to me about the cover, Sawyer. :argh:

Otherwise, it looks like a great package. I still, however, find it over priced, no matter how many trading cards they cram in there.

Well if you don't want to buy the complete series, you can instead get the
complete first season DVD which will feature no extra content. And would only cost you $39.98.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/20098

so glad they got so many extras and I like the collectors edition.

Bare-bones saddens me, but I'm glad they're doing the seasons individually too.

That Lost-Script should be an interesting read.
I knew Two-Face was once considered for the show but I didn't know Harlan Ellison
wrote it.

As for the Blu-Rays? I am all in.
Disappointed that the BATGIRL pilot is not listed as a bonus feature.
It should be on the set.

I've been waiting for this release for what seems to be an inordinate amount of time. However, it is not going to happen at somewhere near $200. I can wait a little while longer.

Are they ****ing crazy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"