The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread - Part 1

Tomorrow night, the city of Los Angeles will light the Bat Signal in Adam West's memory and honor.

tumblr_ormsuiK2RN1tnt8s9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ormsuiK2RN1tnt8s9o2_1280.jpg

What a lovely way to honor Adam :up:

From what comic is that panel? It's from The Dark Knight Returns?

On a West-related note, seems that NBC has released that unreleased episode of Powerless with Adam West.

Yeah, they did. saw it this afternoon on YouTube. He's really good in it.

Adam West and Roger Moore gone to their rewards in a span of a month. :(

PicMonkey%20Collagecgdf.jpg

Also in both Sam Hamm's script and the Official Comic for Michael Keaton's Batman, the Batsignal is on the cathedral.
"GORDON He gave us a signal.
ON GORDON -- he steps to a searchlight and flips it on.
EXT. GOTHAM CITY WIDE - NIGHT On the side of the old cathedral, the BATSIGNAL -"
https://sfy.ru/?script=batman_production
IMG_0021fhghggf_1.jpg

Adam West Batman card. Adam West was my childhood hero Batman - the gentleman father figure.
s-l1600ghkj.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going to miss West. He's one of my favorite Batman actors.

Been watching re-runs of the show on ME TV.

Adam West's Batman is funny, yet cool.
Goofy yet badass at the same time.
Just like the 1950s Batman.

And only Adam West could've played it that way.

He will be missed.

I'm going to miss West. He's one of my favorite Batman actors.
He gave Batman and Bruce a honest warmth. I really believed that he cared about doing the right thing, being a positive role model for society and defending Gotham. I don't think anyone else comes close to him in this regard.

He gave Batman and Bruce a honest warmth. I really believed that he cared about doing the right thing, being a positive role model for society and defending Gotham. I don't think anyone else comes close to him in this regard.

very true.
i feel he's the most likable live action batman and bruce wayne.

even though the show is meant to be this campy comedy, West brought this earnestness and integrity to the role.

and i think that's why people emotionally connect to the show and the character, even to this day.

Last edited:
Been watching a lot of clips from the 60s Batman, and this one in particular with Alfred and the Joker I really enjoy. And it made me think...not only has Alfred always been a boss from the start, but I don't believe I've ever seen a bad interpretation of Alfred in either live-action or animated.

Now, I've never seen The Batman or Brave and the Bold, so not sure what he's like there, but really liking him a lot more in the 60s series.

[YT]sU8mj9lid0s[/YT]

Batman vs. Two-Face has been listed by both Best Buy and Barnes&Noble with an October 17th release date.

Batman vs. Two-Face has been listed by both Best Buy and Barnes&Noble with an October 17th release date.

I'm surprised there hasn't been as much of a hoo-ha about this, being West's final Batman.

Will be an essential buy, Return of the Caped Crusaders blew me away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"