The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread - Part 1

That Lost-Script should be an interesting read.
I knew Two-Face was once considered for the show but I didn't know Harlan Ellison
wrote it.

As for the Blu-Rays? I am all in.
Disappointed that the BATGIRL pilot is not listed as a bonus feature.
It should be on the set.

There is actually another unused Two-Face script which i have a copy of. I could e-mail it to you if you'd like?.

Love it.

10446243_10152587401178205_3172686482576321449_o.jpg

I really hope those special features end up on youtube, because the individual season DVD is the only option that doesn't seem completely absurd.

I'm actually going to pre-order and save up for it... I simply can't resist.

^^^ Hahaha love it :D

Lee is looking great for her age.

That is the most awesome thing. A Lego version of 60's TV Batman. Just look at that Batcave. And 60's TV show Alfred walking by with a tray lol :D

Last edited:
The set will be damn expensive but I may end up getting it anyway,I need it in my life and part of my dvd collection!

HOLY over the top catchphrases Batman!

I had no idea Robin said this much Holy's, My Goodness Burt Ward HOLY ****!

HOLY over the top catchphrases Batman!

I had no idea Robin said this much Holy's, My Goodness Burt Ward HOLY ****!

He actually used close to if not well over 300 holyisms between the TV Series and BTM. This of course continued in every Robin media adaption until the second to last season of Super Friends.

But while Burt Ward and TV Series have been credited for Robin's habit of using holyisms.

This actually was something that Robin was already doing in the comics, although he didn't use as many holyisms as he would use in the series and elsewhere.

c4cdedc9818a0260fa13619b5c9f80b7.jpg

clayface-tec298.JPG

All of the holyisms that you see in the images and many other are included in a list of the holyisms that can be here.

http://holysmokesbatman.com/

Oh, that's excellent. So happy to see the 60s show fully embraced in Batman media. It's one big happy family.

Nice to see Batman '66 in the LEGO game. Adam West still sounds pretty darn good as Batman.

Plus, West is the closest thing DC has to a Stan Lee these days so he deserves to be honoured and appreciated.

Yup, DC needs somebody like Stan Lee that people like. West fits that bill now did Ward do any voice for that LEGO game too.?

Yeah, I have. it's pretty good, though the art could be better. There is also a Green Hornet team up written by Kevin Smith that is pretty good too.

Anyone here reading the comic?
I haven't, but I hear it isn't that good. But of course, I've been told that the Court of Owls was horrible, when I loved that story, so I dunno what to say? Just pick up a few books and read them. That's what I'll do pretty soon.

I read the first 6 or so issues (I've still been buying the rest and need to catch up) and they were all pretty decent. Nothing spectaular and the novelty of it all wears off after a while, but I would still recommend you pick up the recent volume 1 collection to form your own opinion.

I haven't, but I hear it isn't that good. But of course, I've been told that the Court of Owls was horrible, when I loved that story, so I dunno what to say? Just pick up a few books and read them. That's what I'll do pretty soon.

They lied! I think it's super fun. It's basically just random episodes of the show, but in a comic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"