The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
While you're waiting to hear from me again. Here something that will interest you guys.

A Gotham Night in the Emerald City!
< Back to Special Events

"TO THE CINERAMA, ROBIN!"

Batman stars Adam West and Burt Ward to appear at Seattle's Cinerama for "A Gotham Night in the Emerald City!"

The Bat Time: Thursday, February 28th at 8pm (film itself starts at 8:45pm)

The Bat Place: Seattle's Cinerama Theater

The Bat Details: Seattle's original "dark knight" Adam West and his television sidekick Burt "Robin" Ward will be appearing together in Seattle for the FIRST TIME EVER for a special screening of an archival print of the 1966 theatrical Batman film! This one night only event is presented by Seattle's Cinerama Theater in conjunction with Emerald City Comicon.

The festivities include:

* a pre-screening Q&A with Adam and Burt moderated by Q13 FOX news anchor John Hopperstad

* a proclamation from Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn's office declaring Mayor Adam West Day in the City of Seattle

* Original Batman costume on display from the Paul G Allen Collection

* and maybe a surprise or two!

Tickets are $25 and are currently on sale at www.cinerama.com

Get yours today before they are POW BIFF ZAP gone!

Additional Details

Thursday Feb. 28th
8pm

Seattle's Cinerama Theater

2100 4th Ave
Seattle, WA

Price: $25.00

http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/special-events/a-gotham-night-in-the-emerald-city/

LikanKomics found these on another thread:

Mattel's 6" Classic Batman TV Show Adam West Batman & Batmobile Revealed

DC Comics: Jay Cochran - 2013.02.08
Earlier we showed you a first look at Mattel's upcoming 6" Riddler (Frank Gorshin) and Penguin (Burgess Meredith) figures based on the classic 60's Batman television series. Now thanks to USAToday we have a look at the 6" Adam West Batman figure and Mattel&#8217;s vintage Batmobile ($49.99) These will be released in July 2013. The figures will MSRP for $15.99 each. Check out images of all of them below.

Source

Last edited:
Nice.

WJDF5j0.jpg

They look great. I can really see the similarity to Adam, Burgess, and Frank.

we're getting an 18" one too from NECA (along with Keaton Bats):

20130210-111600.jpg

God I want both of those very very

IMG_1465__scaled_600_zpsc4436a34.jpg

IMG_1461__scaled_600_zpsb0701abc.jpg

IMG_1462__scaled_600_zps4ed31ef6.jpg

Last edited:
That is pure West. They should do Robin, too.

Pure West. I want that figure!

[YT]kGe3zST-wMY[/YT]

^ LOL I don't believe it, they made a figure of surfing Batman from the surfing Joker episode :woot:

tumblr_lpquchSmYG1qf99mso1_400.gif

This is rather cool. Someone on YouTube is uploading all the Commissioner Gordon office scenes that first introduced each villain. These are the ones up so far:

The Riddler

[YT]4hwD1Pd6vwU[/YT]

The Penguin

[YT]EzvqWfWDIO4[/YT]

The Joker

[YT]HIPyhjTGpgM[/YT]

Mr. Freeze

[YT]WP_olOFOtEw[/YT]

Zelda the Great

[YT]uB_qEX0QV6o[/YT]

False Face

[YT]q1r0n6A7i1M[/YT]

The Mad Hatter

[YT]SQKYM2najnc[/YT]

Actor Malachi Throne dies at age 84 http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=796390&ocid=ansent11

Throne played FALSE FACE in the series. He is also known for appearing in Star Trek the original series, It Takes a Thief, Star Trek the Next Generation, and most recently provided the voice for Ranakar in the animated movie Green Lantern: First Flight.

R.I.P

He also played The Judge in an episode of The New Batman Adventures and Fingers the Gorilla in an episode of Batman Beyond.

R.I.P.

He was great as False Face. Probably the creepiest villain the show ever had with that mask.

Brilliant!

It's too funny hearing Burt Ward's voice over Joesph Gordon Levitt lol.
Heh, yeah, I thought that was the funniest part, too.

The music actually goes really good with that scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"