The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC Comics To Publish A Batman Sixties TV Show Comic, As Well As A Batusi Exclusive Toy For San Diego Comic Con

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03...ic-con/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Yi8lc8j.jpg

wNw2PqC.jpg

7CHUb0V.jpg

:eek::up:

And yet still no DVD... :whatever:

I feel it's coming soon, at least I hope so.

Probably they are transferring it on bluray?

Hopefully.

But I really do love the idea of a comic based on the series. They're doing the same thing with Smallville and Arrow, but with those being so recent, they're really just tweaked and toned-down versions of what we already get in the regular comics, whereas this is obviously going to be something completely radically different from all other current Bat-comics. I'm all in. :up:

Oh wow a comic book based on the TV show? Sign me up :up: :up: :up:

Wow, a 60s show comic? That's brilliant!

Man, they are really building the hype for this show up again to the point where the DVD release could end up being pretty huge from a marketing standpoint.

DVD is probably a done deal with all of these announcements, I'm hoping we get a nice bluray set.

Lee Meriwether will be at the upcoming WONDERFEST in Louisville, Kentucky http://www.wonderfest.com/

I'm going to try and be there.

Very interested in how they handle the comics, chronologically. If they have them set before/after episodes and mention incidents. Or take place after the last season that aired. In any case they'll be original stories.

I'm more interested to see if they introduce any other Bat-characters/villains into these comics that didn't appear in the series.

Looking back, I'm really surprised they never used Scarecrow.

I'm more interested to see if they introduce any other Bat-characters/villains into these comics that didn't appear in the series.

That too.

This is going to be good!

Is Mattel making a Catwoman figure also?

I've seen Riddler, Penguin, Batman, Robin and now the Joker. I assume Catwoman is next or does the licensing not include her?

Julie Newmar said she approved to her likeness being used for all the merchandise... so expect a Catwoman figure to pop up at anytime.

I want ALL these things. :woot:

The t-shirts, the calendar, the figures. I'm such a child. But hey, we get so few pleasures in life.

I'm crossing my fingers for a DVD/BLU-RAY release. Hopefully in Adam's lifetime.

This is what I'm looking forward to the most as well. It would be cool to see them design a sixties look to the characters.

I remember watching the repeats of this series growing up as a kid, its a great way for kids to be introduced to the character.

I'm sure the dvds will be on the way shortly.

Can't wait for the bluray set! it will be amazing!

It would be interesting to see Bruce and Dick's origins, as well as Alfred's in the westverse.

I want the whole series on blu-ray as well and will for sure be buying a lot of this merchandise.

I want that Batmobile that holds the figures and a Batman and Robin to fit in it.

I haven't bought any figures in quite a awhile but man I'd love to start collecting these when they start coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"