The Batman (1966) Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to vote for Frank Gorshin. When I watched the show as a kid (easy re-runs I'm not that old!) I always hoped the Riddler was going to be on.

Julie was just...wow
julie.png

I agree... I mean... :wow:

How did Adam even function properly during her episodes. :woot:

If you read his autobiography, he openly admits it wasn't always easy lol.

And those damn writers who insisted in keeping Batman asexual. Well, except for the movie.

99260619_julie-newmar_catwoman-133.jpg

Looks like Adam West has forgotten his dialogue lines, can't blame him. :p

Adam and Julie were definitely up to something behind the scenes...

Must of sucked for him when they replaced her with Lee Merriwether and Eartha Kitt.

I always wondered why they did that ?

Julie was unavailable for The Movie... I believe she was shooting Mackenna's Gold at the time and they couldn't wait for her any longer. (Although that movie was released in 1969, so it may have had some difficulty getting released.)

And apparently she decided to leave herself after the second season production, because as Adam West put it... ''She was fed up with being every teenage boys wet dream''. Or more likely she just wanted to persue other options. :woot:

Well, as remembered as she was, Catwoman was still a guest star part. She probably just wanted to be in more movies.

And apparently she decided to leave herself after the second season production, because as Adam West put it... ''She was fed up with being every teenage boys wet dream''.

That's the first I heard of that. You have a link to where Adam said this?

That's the first I heard of that. You have a link to where Adam said this?

Let me quote him directly for you:

''Also I think she was tired of being every adolescents wet dream''

It's from the documentary Catwoman: Her Many Lives (2004) which aired on The Biography Channel in the UK around July 2004. I recorded it for myself.

Unfortunately I don't have a link for you, as the documenatry doesn't appear to be online in any form except downloads.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0526051/

I met Julie Newmar last year. She's an awesome classy lady. She and Pfeiffer are by far my favourite Catwomen.

Let me quote him directly for you:

''Also I think she was tired of being every adolescents wet dream''

It's from the documentary Catwoman: Her Many Lives (2004) which aired on The Biography Channel in the UK around July 2004. I recorded it for myself.

Unfortunately I don't have a link for you, as the documenatry doesn't appear to be online in any form except downloads.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0526051/

Ah so it was just speculation on Adam's part then. Julie had never actually said it.

But the cameraman had a better view. :oldrazz:

:yay:

Man that's the thing about women from the 50's and 60's. Looking like Julie Newmar wasn't a chore for them. A lot of them looked that beautifully healthy. Not all waifish and frail like a lot of today's starlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"