The Batman (2018) - (Hush Fanon Adaptation)

SwannMadeleine

Civilian
Reaction score
As a really big fan of this character, I'm so excited to see a solo movie for him again, because I think it's really gonna show off Affleck's Batman and after seeing Suciide Squad, I definitely think Margot and Jared should be in this. There's so many good material to work with and adapt, especially one of my all time favourite Batman comics, "Batman: Hush", and I think if Affleck and his team decide to adapt that, then they have a really good film on their hands. Obviously things would have to be cut down, like characters and some plot aspects, but I definitely think Catwoman, the Joker and Harley's involvement, Dr. Thomas Elliot and some of the more important plot points should be used.

So because of this love I have for the character and the comic I think they should use for ideas, I've decided to create my own adaptation of the comic into The Batman, the title I think should be used for the upcoming solo movie. This is where I'm going to be posting updates as things progress.

I hope some people may be interested. Please let me know if I should have posted this somewhere else :/

So.. you're gonna be writing a screenplay?

So.. you're gonna be writing a screenplay?

Hopefully, I'll definitely be creating an overal plot and will probably create the script but I don't wanna make any promises I can't keep because I go back to university next month, but this will definitely be my priority up until then and then I'll be working on it when I have time.

As a really big fan of this character, I'm so excited to see a solo movie for him again, because I think it's really gonna show off Affleck's Batman and after seeing Suciide Squad, I definitely think Margot and Jared should be in this. There's so many good material to work with and adapt, especially one of my all time favourite Batman comics, "Batman: Hush", and I think if Affleck and his team decide to adapt that, then they have a really good film on their hands. Obviously things would have to be cut down, like characters and some plot aspects, but I definitely think Catwoman, the Joker and Harley's involvement, Dr. Thomas Elliot and some of the more important plot points should be used.

So because of this love I have for the character and the comic I think they should use for ideas, I've decided to create my own adaptation of the comic into The Batman, the title I think should be used for the upcoming solo movie. This is where I'm going to be posting updates as things progress.

I hope some people may be interested. Please let me know if I should have posted this somewhere else :/

Didn't you start a Bond 25 screenplay like this at the MI6 forums and never follow through with it?

Props to you if you can stick with it. These projects always start with a huge spark of interest and excitement but life and other things start to distract you and the project never comes to fruition.

Thank you :) Well I've already made a start with re-reading the comic, coming up with ideas for how to it would transfer to a film, which characters need to be changed and even some casting options.

I'd actually like to hear what people think about an adaptation, what stuff would they want to keep or remove? Because something I've realised is that this many characters couldn't exist in one film, it's way too many especially since they all have their backstory and role in the film that the film would feel overfilled.

What do you think Greens? I'm assuming you've read the comic?

So, I've looked through the comic and done some more research as well as casting. I've decided that (like I said before) a few characters need to be cut. So far I've decided to take Poison Ivy out of the mix. I love her character, but remember finding it unnecessary. Like the whole idea of brainwashing Catwoman and Superman, never thought it was needed so her character has been cut. Also, speaking of the devil, Superman will not be in this adaptation as [SPOILERS FOR BVS] , so his part has been cut.

I'll update you as I make my way through the characters, so far I've found others characters to be more necessary but haven't cast them yet. But here's my cast list so far:

Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/ Batman
Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth
J.K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon
Eva Green as Selina Kyle/ Catwoman
Jason Clarke as Dr. Thomas Elliot/ Hush
Alden Ehrenreich as Dick Grayson/ Nightwing
Jared Leto as The Joker
Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
Addison Timlin as Helena Bertinelli
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Killer Croc
Riley Keough as Holly Robinson
Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne
Lauren Cohan as Martha Wayne

Let me know what you think. Also, I've also decided to keep some characters but they only exist in the film as their real life selves. The biggest one I've decided to make like this is The Huntress. In my adaption, she does not appear in the costume and has settled down with Dick Grayson, who visits Bruce at a certain funeral. The Nightwing costume will appear don't worry.

Last edited:
Just a sidenote: I hope you're not planning to get recognized by WB or somebody else in the industry with this. Generally, it's fine to do this as a hobby but technically you do not have the rights to Batman and related characters. Most studios let this slide if it's just harmless fun, but if you try to make money off of it they will come after you to protect their brand.

Just a sidenote: I hope you're not planning to get recognized by WB or somebody else in the industry with this. Generally, it's fine to do this as a hobby but technically you do not have the rights to Batman and related characters. Most studios let this slide if it's just harmless fun, but if you try to make money off of it they will come after you to protect their brand.

In no way am I trying to make money off this haha, it's just fun.

I'd love to hear your opinion on some of the choices I've made.

Here's a poster I made for the adaptation:

the_batman__2018____poster_by_swannmadeleine-dadh698.jpg

In The Batman (2019), the Dark Knight (Ben Affleck) is attempting to thwart a one billion dollar hit on the President (or some important person) while in Gotham City. When the fight is taken to Arkham Asylum itself our hero does not know if the bigger threats are inside or out. Who is the hunted and who is the prey? And with stakes this high, who can you trust? JK Simmons (Com. Jim Gordon), Jared Leto (the Joker), Will Smith (Deadshot), and Joe Manganiello (Deathstroke) lead an all-star cast.
Imagine this Fall release being an homage to John Carpenter with elements of Escape from New York, Assault on Precinct 13, The Thing, Halloween, and Big Trouble in Little China. Thrills, chills, suspense, and action rolled into one!

In The Batman (2019), the Dark Knight (Ben Affleck) is attempting to thwart a one billion dollar hit on the President (or some important person) while in Gotham City. When the fight is taken to Arkham Asylum itself our hero does not know if the bigger threats are inside or out. Who is the hunted and who is the prey? And with stakes this high, who can you trust? JK Simmons (Com. Jim Gordon), Jared Leto (the Joker), Will Smith (Deadshot), and Joe Manganiello (Deathstroke) lead an all-star cast.
Imagine this Fall release being an homage to John Carpenter with elements of Escape from New York, Assault on Precinct 13, The Thing, Halloween, and Big Trouble in Little China. Thrills, chills, suspense, and action rolled into one!

th

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"