The Batman 2022 Vs The Amazing Spiderman 2012.

BMW 224

Symbol of Vengeance becomes Symbol of Hope
Reaction score
"her is meant to mean heros.

OhA-TM.gif

I'll give you, this is probably the first "vs" thread that even kinda makes since for this movie (as they were both reboots of a character that's been recently done)

been seeing a lot of comparison threads for this movie that left me ?:huh:?
{don't understand the consistent need for comparison in the first place}
but, most of them just don't make since, like comparing it to movies that are part of bigger franchises, or sequels

that said I'm going against popular opinion and saying, The Amazing Spiderman

this take on Batman (an his rogues) just didn't do it for me that much
I can understand cinematically and visually it was well done... but

This reminds me of when someone (unironically) created a poll that pitted Black Panther against Man of Steel.

I love the Amazing Spider-Man movies, have to wait more than two weeks until I watch the Batman.

HAH, me and Joker used opposite 'LO' words. :funny:
been seeing a lot of comparison threads for this movie that left me ?:huh:?
The one pitting it against Infinity War is something I made with facetious intent based on this habit, and mostly ignored it since.

The Amazing Spider-Man is alright. The Batman isn't as great as the Nolan films but I'll take it over any live-action Spider-Man movies other than No Way Home and Far From Home

I think Amazing Spider-Man and Man Of Steel would’ve been a much farer matchup as the two have something in common as being controversial darker and realistic franchise reboots of their previous campier predecessors that are origin tales. However, to answer the thread question, I like Batman more, but I do like Amazing Spider-Man a lot and I feel it’s very underrated.

One is a solid movie, for the most part, the other is The Amazing Spider-Man, which, to me, for the most part, only really does stronger with, to me, the personality and more emotional engagement with the leading man, Peter (I speak only really in emotional rounding out), to me, moreso than The Batman does with Bruce.

The Batman didn't live up to the hype for me, but... still... come on.

10 years later and I'm still in awe of how TASM ends on the note of Peter rekindling his relationship with Gwen by betraying his promise to her dead father, and it's played as cute and romantic.

Look, there's a lot I do genuinely like about The Amazing Spider-Man, but come on.

For as grim as The Batman is, TASM is somehow a way more depressing movie in the worst ways.

I recently re-watched ASM2 for the first time since it came out and actually liked it. It's an improvement on the first Webb movie in just about every way.

Having said that, trying to compare either ASM movie to The Batman is just cruel lol. Batman may not be a perfect film but it still wipes the floor with the ASM movies...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"