The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

i didn't even notice the sm1 and sm2 suits were different until it got pointed out.

perfect suit is perfect.

Yeah, I noticed because I watched SM1 and 2 religiously as a kid but it's more or less the same suit. Despite that, it's different enough to get more toy sales (which is the obvious main reasoning for heroes getting a new suit each movie)

And you can easily do the same effect with the same rough principles. Change the symbol to the more conventional one with ears, add the fins on the gauntlets, make the nose more pointy and drape the cape over the shoulders. Change literally nothing else and you've essentially done to the current batsuit what Raimi did to the SM1 suit for SM2

In universe this suite seems to be perfect as well.

I can't see why Bruce would completely get rid of it.

i mean from the trailers it seems like the suit will suffer significant damage from all the gunfire

but i can just see him fixing it up or replacing the armor, but it will still look the same.

i mean from the trailers it seems like the suit will suffer significant damage from all the gunfire

but i can just see him fixing it up or replacing the armor, but it will still look the same.

Exactly, you can even provide in-universe explanations for the changes. Pointier nose? Just a visual change to show the repaired cowl to slightly differentiate it ala Daredevil's Netflix suit. Fins on the gauntlets? So Batman can break bladed weapons (maybe Riddler fights him with one and it gives him a hard time). Cape over the shoulders? To obscure Batman's body, make it harder to shoot and make . Conventional symbol? Old symbol broke too easily, this one is reinforced. Easy enough

I'm all in for subtle changes too. This suit is already iconic for me, no need to drastic changes like TDK from BB suit, imo.

It could be something like New Frontier where he changes the suit to be more inviting to kids / civilians. This Bruce doesnt seem to be overly concerned with that but maybe in the sequel he's opened up to the symbol of Hope idea a little bit more.

The amount of damage this suit takes in the movie is precisely why I believe a new suit is all but guaranteed in the sequel. This one gets absolutely beat the **** up.

Always a risk of a downgrade when changing suits but I'm not particularly concerned here. The bones are solid. Just a little bit more refinement here and there and we're only looking up.

The amount of damage this suit takes in the movie is precisely why I believe a new suit is all but guaranteed in the sequel. This one gets absolutely beat the **** up.

Always a risk of a downgrade when changing suits but I'm not particularly concerned here. The bones are solid. Just a little bit more refinement here and there and we're only looking up.

I mean, the Raimi Spider-Man suits always got a beating in their films too and the general look was always kept in tact.

I won't be shocked if the suit does get replaced, but mannnnn, I really hope it doesn't. If you have to make changes, just make them subtle and minor like the changes between the SM1 and SM2 suits.

puTZyvdUHTpXjM7fC1AfTk3wX_IlypWnFyzukp6vmPealog4zmD71KE=s0-d

This went from potentially being great to guaranteed great. Brubaker is one of the best comic writers today. The fact none of his comics have been adapted for film is a shame.

puTZyvdUHTpXjM7fC1AfTk3wX_IlypWnFyzukp6vmPealog4zmD71KE=s0-d

This went from potentially being great to guaranteed great. Brubaker is one of the best comic writers today. The fact none of his comics have been adapted for film is a shame.

MCU aped Winter Soldier… and Daredevil was pretty much a soft adaption of his comic run’s characterization and world building.

BUT, what I would give for proper adaptions of Fatale, The Fade Out, Kill Or Be Killed.. maybe Criminal, damn.

GOTHAM PD TIDBITS
Its being described as a blend of Gotham Central, Year One and The Man Who Laughs;
Joker will be the main antagonist, we'll see his "origin" through the eyes of the police/Batman;
Batman will have a bigger role then expected;
No Harvey Dent (he's being kept for The Batman 2);
Kaya Scodelario was in talks for a mysterious role.

Will return when i get more info

GOTHAM PD TIDBITS
Its being described as a blend of Gotham Central, Year One and The Man Who Laughs;
Joker will be the main antagonist, we'll see his "origin" through the eyes of the police/Batman;

Checks post count/join date:

fry-not-sure.gif

That mixed feeling when I have doubts, but am horny enough for info that I’m willing to entertain the nonsense.

GOTHAM PD TIDBITS

How I wish this was true but this sounds mostly like just a combination of the multiple stuff we've been speculating about.

GOTHAM PD TIDBITS

I want to believe you but I can't without some type of proof.

I'd really appreciate if you could.

Tell us Joker's "origin" using spoiler tags.

That way we can see if you were legit once the Gotham PD show is out.

Other leaks will probably come out for this show and if Jokers origin is indeed present that's the first thing they will leak which may collaborate with the information you provide if it's true.

If you can and it's correct you would have proven yourself to be trustworthy to this board and we will he more inclined to believe you in the future.

If you don't know specific details and can't answer this that's okay too.

Last edited:
GOTHAM PD TIDBITS

This sounds amazing but I doubt it's true.

Well, Joe Barton is very active on twitter, if those infos arrive to him, if its fake, i guess he'll deny them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"