The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

I think they'll release something more before Fandome. Just to keep the hype. But that pic is enough for me (for now, of course).

Well there are lots of GothCorp posters on set related to Riddler’s message.

If true (which I am doubtful of) then I'm very uncertain about all of these multiple spin off.
Pinguin, Riddler, Catwoman ... I just can't imagine Reeves being involved in so much outside of his films. To me, it just looks like WB executives are dispossessing the director from the world he's creating, pushing for a multiplatform universe to compete with the likes of Disney +, etc.
They may be pleased by the film, it's still hasn't been released and it all feels immensely premature and inauthentic.

Otherwise, I'm all for Freeze returning to the big screen for the sequel.
But again, it just feels so early for these kind of scoop to drop.
We should know better, I still haven't found Riddler in TDKRises...

Last edited:

bad place yeah bring on the Reeves trilogy and honestly I would love to see him handle any of the iconic villians from Batman's Rogue Gallery. Hopefully, the early word on the super positive test screenings ends up being true aswell atleast when it comes to the reception from general audiences.

Seeing this movie being just as embraced by the masses as Nolan's trilogy was would be a great sign forward no matter how bleak or dark it is and most importanly of all it also means less meddling in the future from Warner Bros over whatever new vision Reeves has in store for this world.

Looks like the makings of some sort of mural. I assume Battinson’s presence will be revealed in time…

To be fair its from his patron which he makes very clear is only rumors he's heard and not any sort of official scoop.

So there are people ready to pay for information without any guarantee of accuracy ?
... Totally unrelated, hum, I just decide to start a Patreon to share, huh, my inside looks at movies to come. Top quality, feel free to join ! :cwink:

:o

Last edited:
The Mr. Freeze stuff comes from DanielRPK whose info is worth absolutely nothing.

Yeah, this guy is a fraud. Remember when he said Aaron Taylor-Johnson is the frontrunner for The Batman? In the same month Pattinson was announced :funny:

I mean it’s not outside the realm of possibility that Reeves has an idea of who he’d like to feature in a sequel, RPK said Freeze is “teased” in the movie so that will be something that is verifiable when we actually see this thing. Depends if the teases don’t extend beyond the GothCorp stuff we’ve talked about before, or if something more specific like a name drop of Victor Fries somewhere.

Are we absolutely positive Reeves is returning for the sequels? I HATE when a trilogy has different directors and only rarely has it ever been good when that happens.

Are we absolutely positive Reeves is returning for the sequels? I HATE when a trilogy has different directors and only rarely has it ever been good when that happens.

I'm sure he will. Given the story he wants to tell of Batman slowly becoming his prime self, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't intend to do a trilogy in order to fully tell that story. Only reason I see him not coming back is if the movie bombs and WB don't hire him back, which just...isn't gonna happen because the movie's going to be a massive profit off of the name alone

I'm sure he will. Given the story he wants to tell of Batman slowly becoming his prime self, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't intend to do a trilogy in order to fully tell that story. Only reason I see him not coming back is if the movie bombs and WB don't hire him back, which just...isn't gonna happen because the movie's going to be a massive profit off of the name alone
Yeah, I agree. I do wonder if Reeves plans on making a film between each installment like Nolan did.

Could've sworn I saw somewhere that Reeves developed a trilogy and that is why it took him so long to complete script. I don't know where I saw that, it was awhile back.

Yeah, I agree. I do wonder if Reeves plans on making a film between each installment like Nolan did.

Possibly but he also didn't do that with his two Apes movies, as far as I remember. So I think he might focus on Batman before he does anything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"