The Batman General News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Ventriloquist

I gotta say this one intrigues me. Especially a reimagined version from the mind of Matt Reeves. Having played RE Village, that doll section was one that freaked me out. Heh. I ran towards the daughters tho, but tis for a different thread.

Ventriloquist

I gotta say this one intrigues me. Especially a reimagined version from the mind of Matt Reeves. Having played RE Village, that doll section was one that freaked me out. Heh. I ran towards the daughters tho, but tis for a different thread.
I’ll say this until I’m blue in the face. Reeves needs to bring Jenkins back for this.

A movie that deals with an all-out turf war in Gotham between Two-Face, Penguin, and Ventriloquist.

I remember the Batman: Dark Tomorrow game prominently featured a gang war between Black Mask and Ventriloquist.
It was a horrible video game but the cinematics were decent for the time and the story was ok.

I really want Mister Freeze to be in the sequel, but his motivation is so personal. To do Mister Freeze properly you really have to commit to a chunk of the movie focusing on his origin.

At the time, ‘Heart of Ice’ was groundbreaking in its nuanced depiction of villainy, and it still holds up as one of the greatest episodes of BTAS. But at this point, the superhero genre has been so thoroughly explored that Mister Freeze’s origin wouldn’t necessarily stand out from the likes of other sympathetic villains we’ve seen; such as Doctor Octopus, Sandman, etc;.

I always liked John Lithgow for Ventriloquist too but he’s just too tall for it. Jenkins is a better fit.

Hell, it probably end up being Penguin as the main bad guy in the second. lol

For shauner

d6AMeWb.jpg

I feel like Giancarlo is slightly overcast. Anytime there's a "cold" villain who's around his 40s, he's the immediate go to. And obviously, dude's a phenomenal actor. But I'd rather go someone who hasn't gone down that route but is capable of it rather than go for the obvious pick

Mads Mikkelsen would be perfect to me for Freeze, especially if we see him as a businessman first. Maybe a bit obvious but less so than Giancarlo and is on WB's nice list right now because of filling in on Fantastic Beasts (plus he basically does anything lol)

Ventriloquist

Oh man that section and the entire house was horrifying. Best part of the game haha

Yeah I really want to see ventriloquist at some point. I forgot that Jenkins was in Let Me In!

Anyone who saw Shang Chi get the Batman trailer?

I'm not sure I get what you mean there. He's a narcissistic psychopath lol

I almost posted this image in my earlier post, but didn't, but basically this:

gHLM1Rr0cC2-u9nCej7-LoPXwai1f4Ua0QRO-BucZfo.jpg

I know he's just a cosplayer, but he gives off a smug vibe, like he knows all eyes are going to be on him. I know the Joker takes a glee in his appearance, and himself, but that can get grating very quickly.

I almost posted this image in my earlier post, but didn't, but basically this:

gHLM1Rr0cC2-u9nCej7-LoPXwai1f4Ua0QRO-BucZfo.jpg

I know he's just a cosplayer, but he gives off a smug vibe, like he knows all eyes are going to be on him. I know the Joker takes a glee in his appearance, and himself, but that can get grating very quickly.
Okay I'm.....kinda starting to get where you're coming from but I doubt they'll do that here.

You can have him think he's the handsomest guy in the room and love everything about himself without seeming suuuuuper cartoonish or like something out of a super cringey Tik Tok.

I remember the Batman: Dark Tomorrow game prominently featured a gang war between Black Mask and Ventriloquist.
It was a horrible video game but the cinematics were decent for the time and the story was ok.

I really want Mister Freeze to be in the sequel, but his motivation is so personal. To do Mister Freeze properly you really have to commit to a chunk of the movie focusing on his origin.

At the time, ‘Heart of Ice’ was groundbreaking in its nuanced depiction of villainy, and it still holds up as one of the greatest episodes of BTAS. But at this point, the superhero genre has been so thoroughly explored that Mister Freeze’s origin wouldn’t necessarily stand out from the likes of other sympathetic villains we’ve seen; such as Doctor Octopus, Sandman, etc;.
Bingo. A solo movie serves Freeze better. Don’t even have to strip his sci-fi roots.

Giancarlo is being typecast now. Same with Mads. I’d much rather see Matthias Schoenaerts or Alexander Skarsgard as Victor Fries. Tall, European, commanding.

Please no to Jacob. Noah Jupe is still my pick for Robin.

McConaughey works for older Dent but I’m still pulling for Abbott. Sorta expecting Hoult though. He’s the solid “can get the job done” but boring choice. Dev Patel is a really deep, cool choice because he’s always so easy to empathize with and he’s dynamic. I wonder what a Patel/Pattinson friendship and friction would be like on screen.

Joel Edgerton for Hugo Strange. Riley Keough for Poison Ivy. Sarah Gadon for Silver St Cloud. Brendan Fraser for Bullock or Thorne. Harry Melling for Mad Hatter (I still want him for Joker but Bermejo ruined it!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"