The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this more of a year one adaptation? I hope they don’t show the killing of the Waynes again. Reports seem to indicate it’s another origin story which I’m not too thrilled about. One way to make it interesting is having more of a detective angle and play up the noir elements. I’m hoping there are less action beats and it’s more of the 40s style quality to it.

given the raves on the script, as part of a planned trilogy, I would love to see Batman lose in this at the end of the movie only to become victorious by middle and final film. Little do we see an origin/beginning journey of a hero who loses at the end of their first quest. It would change things up from the usual middle movie being the one where the hero is often left on shaky ground or suffered huge losses. Batman on his first major outing against multiple villains should result in serious losses for him. Then we see him rise and learn from his mistakes and beats the villains in the 2nd and 3rd movie

So is this more of a year one adaptation? I hope they don’t show the killing of the Waynes again. Reports seem to indicate it’s another origin story which I’m not too thrilled about. One way to make it interesting is having more of a detective angle and play up the noir elements. I’m hoping there are less action beats and it’s more of the 40s style quality to it.

given the raves on the script, as part of a planned trilogy, I would love to see Batman lose in this at the end of the movie only to become victorious by middle and final film. Little do we see an origin/beginning journey of a hero who loses at the end of their first quest. It would change things up from the usual middle movie being the one where the hero is often left on shaky ground or suffered huge losses. Batman on his first major outing against multiple villains should result in serious losses for him. Then we see him rise and learn from his mistakes and beats the villains in the 2nd and 3rd movie
There are no reports that indicate that this is a origin story. He is Batman already and most of the villains are established.

I'm all for focus on detective work and a noir style film but I also need me some action and fight scenes! Don't know about Batman/Bruce being in complete defeat to end the film dispite there possibly a trilogy but a cliffhanger and not so happy ending like Dark Knight would be fine

Reeves himself said "I love Year One. We definitely aren't doing Year One." lol

and idk what reports have said its an origin story. Pretty sure Reeves has gone on about it not being an origin story. He's apparently 3-4 years in and these villains are already established.

As for the Waynes killing, that's all up to how Reeves wants to portray it. If he feels it's important to have in some fashion to tell his story, then so be it. I don't see them putting in a 5-10m scene of he and his parents at the show, in the alley, getting mugged, dying, etc etc.

Why tho. Remember we only had rumors until this. Expecting the film to be grounded (Nolan Style) is something that people expected, but Reeves could easily take a different road (Like this, if real).
This Batmobile is as grounded as the Schumacher one.

and idk what reports have said its an origin story. Pretty sure Reeves has gone on about it not being an origin story. He's apparently 3-4 years in and these villains are already established.

As for the Waynes killing, that's all up to how Reeves wants to portray it. If he feels it's important to have in some fashion to tell his story, then so be it. I don't see them putting in a 5-10m scene of he and his parents at the show, in the alley, getting mugged, dying, etc etc.

i saw the report about it being an origin story here: am not sure if we are allowed to post links from the site so i edited out some letters. If this isn’t allowed then I’ll edit my post. But the site below is where I read about it being an origin story again

https://www.c*******kmovie.com/batman/the_batman/the-batman-rumored-new-details-about-the-basuit-and-batmobile-point-to-a-grounded-take-on-the-dark-knight-a172869

When I saw the very first leaked pics of the car, it was obstructed and only partially visible, so I actually thought that Batmobile design might have been legit since parts of it looked like a hot rodded sports car, not unlike Ash Thorp's other car designs.

By the time I woke up and saw the full design, the rumor had already been debunked, so I only saw that peculiar third set of wheels and the goofy LED-lit Bat-logo'd wheels at that point in time. :funny:

Last edited:
i saw the report about it being an origin story here: am not sure if we are allowed to post links from the site so i edited out some letters. If this isn’t allowed then I’ll edit my post. But the site below is where I read about it being an origin story again

https://www.c*******kmovie.com/batman/the_batman/the-batman-rumored-new-details-about-the-basuit-and-batmobile-point-to-a-grounded-take-on-the-dark-knight-a172869
Whoever wrote the article made that crap up, without sources. And Matt Reeves himself has said that it’s not a origin story.

Well, if you had been an active participant around here rather than just constantly trolling about Ed Sheeran, you would have been a bit more up to date about the basic premise of the film and its setting. Just sayin....

Well, if you had been an active participant around here rather than just constantly trolling about Ed Sheeran, you would have been a bit more up to date about the basic premise of the film and its setting. Just sayin....

I wasn’t first off, so that’s just blatantly wrong. I’m not going to get into it either but I was being quite serious about him.

Secondly I have been keeping up to date. And having heard from some much earlier reports that the story was about a Batman who has been 3-4 years in, thats why I was so surprised to see that much more recent report indicating that it was another origin story. That’s why I posted that link... a report that came out literally in the last several days. If people don’t believe the report or refute it, that’s absolutely fine; but don’t be presumptuous in that I haven’t been following because you’re completely wrong on both accounts... Just sayin.

Not going to argue or discuss any further; thanks for the discussion and hope this clears things up for you. Take care!

giphy.gif

So is there a chance Rob didn't actually film in Scotland?

I would find it strange Matt were not behind the camera on Rob's first days of shooting.

I’m hoping for a Batman and Gotham more along the lines of the one seen during The Long Halloween, or the Legends of the Dark Knight stories “Heat” and “Prey.”

Batman’s established but still young and at times reckless, Gordon’s not yet a Commisioner but he is a rising player in the Department, the Rogues are on top but their position is challenged by a not yet dead Mafia structure, and the city is still very much in turmoil and unsure about the Bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"