The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So being brutally honest. His suit looks like barf and I hope they update it. I get he's just starting out but come on. This is Bruce Wayne. One of the smartest and richest people in the world.

So being brutally honest. His suit looks like barf and I hope they update it. I get he's just starting out but come on. This is Bruce Wayne. One of the smartest and richest people in the world.

Obviously mileage will vary from person to person as this sort of thing is very subjective, but...

SorrowfulDetailedInexpectatumpleco-small.gif

Sorry, for my money at least, this is hands down the best Batsuit we've had in live action so far.

The last few weeks we've been talking about some 90s tunes suiting the movie atmosphere, and while I love it, I have to say that watching this Bermejo art while listening to the Giacchino snippet, just seems too good to be true.
I feel like this movie is already setting itself apart form the usual comic book movie formula. And to me, this is the perfect tone, this is what I was waiting for in a Batman movie. Noir, timeless, gritty.

Yeah, this illustration really boosted my hype even more.

Lol its a little late for the "this suit sucks" takes, but to each his own. It's pretty great to me, but it was also the least of what I was anticipating from this film back before we even saw it. It's a man in a Batsuit, it's not completely hideous (to me), so I'm fine with it.

Needing an update for the suit to really get into the film or whatever is wild to me lol

Exactly. The smartest and richest man in Gotham should be smart enough to realize that if he uses millions of dollars (or billions) to create a suit or a jet, that it’ll narrow it down pretty quickly to “Batman must be Bruce Wayne” or “is Bruce Wayne funding the Batman?”. The fact that he goes two years into his crusade with a 70’s muscle car and a hand-made suit with what looks like shoulder pads, a stitched up cowl, Bermejo style pants etc is so perfect to me. This Batman can truly be ANYBODY from any class. Of course he’ll develop the suit and add some money into this section or that but I wouldn’t be surprised if the final product in Part 2 looks reaaaaally close to Bermejo’s design.

Exactly. The smartest and richest man in Gotham should be smart enough to realize that if he uses millions of dollars (or billions) to create a suit or a jet, that it’ll narrow it down pretty quickly to “Batman must be Bruce Wayne” or “is Bruce Wayne funding the Batman?”. The fact that he goes two years into his crusade with a 70’s muscle car and a hand-made suit with what looks like shoulder pads, a stitched up cowl, Bermejo style pants etc is so perfect to me. This Batman can truly be ANYBODY from any class. Of course he’ll develop the suit and add some money into this section or that but I wouldn’t be surprised if the final product in Part 2 looks reaaaaally close to Bermejo’s design.
I think we have to suspend belief a bit on that one. I love this suit and think its perfect for this movie. Probably my favourite suit or at least next to batman 89 and bvs. Now I do expect and would like an update that he constantly upgrades to look more and more uniform/classic.

I absolutely do suspend disbelief but criticizing the suit for not being rich enough totally defeats the purpose.

Let us know when you make one so we can compare.

It looks like a batsuit from a Batman movie that isn’t interested in presenting a bog standard superhero interpretation. The suit would look completely out of place in a typical, hyper real, bombastic comic book movie, but is absolutely right for what this film clearly is. I’ll take rough looking, less than perfect batsuits over yet another by the numbers cbm at this point.

Pattinson’s batsuit is a statement of intent, and it’s an intent I’m one hundred percent behind.

Let us know when you make one so we can compare.
Lml, it ain't that serious. I'm still gonna watch the film. The suit is just kinda jarring in the context of what Batman normally wears.

The best part about this suit is that its so different yet so batman.

I'd say this Batman seems more like a Samurai or a SWAT soldier than a ninja like he's usually portrayed.

Not that the suit is gonna determine whether or not I enjoy the film either. It just looks kinda stuntworky even in official footage. But again he's just starting and it'll inevitably change.

Not that the suit is gonna determine whether or not I enjoy the film either. It just looks kinda stuntworky even in official footage. But again he's just starting and it'll inevitably change.
I think it looking "stuntworky" is kinda the point, seeing how this suit is meant to be practical and realistic

I see why the suit isn't everyone's cup of tea but the samurai influence was something I immediately noticed and part of why I love it so much. Armour styled batsuits are hit and miss depending on the design itself but overall I like them because they play up the urban knight aspect of Batman which is a huge part of my personal Batman aesthetic.

I don't like militaristic or armoured Batman that much (I like my Batman low-tech and detective-y!) but the armour doesn't bother me at all about the suit. The neck collar and the cape (and cape texture) are the coolest part to me - it makes him feel like some mythic vampire or something - otherworldly while also fitting into the noir vibe. The boots and short cape are also amazing, big Year One vibes (how sick is that shot when he steps into frame??). I don't really like the ears to be honest, but it really doesn't matter considering I love basically everything else. The leather cowl looks perfect in the original reveal video too - that clip is the best for me.

I like a lot of things about it but I do find it to be a tad overdesigned from the set pics, which I know isn't the right lens to view it through, but it was looking great in the actual trailer footage.

I think it's adequate, which is par for the course with most live action Batsuits. None of them are particularly great, IMO.

The suit definitely grew on me more after we saw that first trailer from DC Fandome. I just love how it looks like something that came straight out of a gritty, dark Batman graphic novel.

Those shots of it in the rain where its soaking wet look especially great IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"