The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by flickchick85, Oct 17, 2019.

1. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

So being brutally honest. His suit looks like barf and I hope they update it. I get he's just starting out but come on. This is Bruce Wayne. One of the smartest and richest people in the world.

2. Bruce Wayne has danced with the devil in the pale moonlight

lol now the thread's going to turn into the ending scene of The Wicker Man.

3. C Prometheus Registered

Obviously mileage will vary from person to person as this sort of thing is very subjective, but...

[​IMG]

Sorry, for my money at least, this is hands down the best Batsuit we've had in live action so far.

4. J.Drangal Registered

The last few weeks we've been talking about some 90s tunes suiting the movie atmosphere, and while I love it, I have to say that watching this Bermejo art while listening to the Giacchino snippet, just seems too good to be true.
    I feel like this movie is already setting itself apart form the usual comic book movie formula. And to me, this is the perfect tone, this is what I was waiting for in a Batman movie. Noir, timeless, gritty.

Yeah, this illustration really boosted my hype even more.

5. emielaen Registered

Lol its a little late for the "this suit sucks" takes, but to each his own. It's pretty great to me, but it was also the least of what I was anticipating from this film back before we even saw it. It's a man in a Batsuit, it's not completely hideous (to me), so I'm fine with it.

Needing an update for the suit to really get into the film or whatever is wild to me lol

6. shauner111 Registered

Exactly. The smartest and richest man in Gotham should be smart enough to realize that if he uses millions of dollars (or billions) to create a suit or a jet, that it’ll narrow it down pretty quickly to “Batman must be Bruce Wayne” or “is Bruce Wayne funding the Batman?”. The fact that he goes two years into his crusade with a 70’s muscle car and a hand-made suit with what looks like shoulder pads, a stitched up cowl, Bermejo style pants etc is so perfect to me. This Batman can truly be ANYBODY from any class. Of course he’ll develop the suit and add some money into this section or that but I wouldn’t be surprised if the final product in Part 2 looks reaaaaally close to Bermejo’s design.

7. spideyfan77 Registered

I think we have to suspend belief a bit on that one. I love this suit and think its perfect for this movie. Probably my favourite suit or at least next to batman 89 and bvs. Now I do expect and would like an update that he constantly upgrades to look more and more uniform/classic.

8. shauner111 Registered

I absolutely do suspend disbelief but criticizing the suit for not being rich enough totally defeats the purpose.

9. TheSmoothKnight Registered

Lol are we still stuck in February of 2020 ? Did a set photo of the stunt guy in the suit leaked out again ? :o

10. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

All filming and no news make Eddie a dull boy

11. Mindreaper21 It's Harvest Time

Let us know when you make one so we can compare.

emielaen likes this.
  12. FunkMiller Failed Experiment

It looks like a batsuit from a Batman movie that isn’t interested in presenting a bog standard superhero interpretation. The suit would look completely out of place in a typical, hyper real, bombastic comic book movie, but is absolutely right for what this film clearly is. I’ll take rough looking, less than perfect batsuits over yet another by the numbers cbm at this point.

Pattinson’s batsuit is a statement of intent, and it’s an intent I’m one hundred percent behind.

13. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

The best part about this suit is that its so different yet so batman.

14. Kane52630 Veridis Quo

[​IMG]

15. emielaen Registered

I am glad that everything about this so far is separating itself from your standard comic book film, as ********-ish as that may sound. Lol this already looks better than the majority of em.

16. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

Lml, it ain't that serious. I'm still gonna watch the film. The suit is just kinda jarring in the context of what Batman normally wears.

I'd say this Batman seems more like a Samurai or a SWAT soldier than a ninja like he's usually portrayed.

17. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

Not that the suit is gonna determine whether or not I enjoy the film either. It just looks kinda stuntworky even in official footage. But again he's just starting and it'll inevitably change.

18. Invader Joker Registered

I think it looking "stuntworky" is kinda the point, seeing how this suit is meant to be practical and realistic

shauner111 likes this.
  19. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

Yeah this suit is very practical looking. And yes it does look very swat and samurai. There are tons of influences here. But it looks like a suit the actor can actually move in. All while still being classic batman.

20. SwordOfMorning Returning some video tapes.

I see why the suit isn't everyone's cup of tea but the samurai influence was something I immediately noticed and part of why I love it so much. Armour styled batsuits are hit and miss depending on the design itself but overall I like them because they play up the urban knight aspect of Batman which is a huge part of my personal Batman aesthetic.

21. CondimentKing Mitchell Mayo

I don't like militaristic or armoured Batman that much (I like my Batman low-tech and detective-y!) but the armour doesn't bother me at all about the suit. The neck collar and the cape (and cape texture) are the coolest part to me - it makes him feel like some mythic vampire or something - otherworldly while also fitting into the noir vibe. The boots and short cape are also amazing, big Year One vibes (how sick is that shot when he steps into frame??). I don't really like the ears to be honest, but it really doesn't matter considering I love basically everything else. The leather cowl looks perfect in the original reveal video too - that clip is the best for me.

22. Spidey_62 He stinks and I don't like him!

I like a lot of things about it but I do find it to be a tad overdesigned from the set pics, which I know isn't the right lens to view it through, but it was looking great in the actual trailer footage.

23. Gothamsknight Registered

I love the suit. Going into this, I was hoping it'd have a bit of that Lee Bermejo feel as well as a bit of a callback to OG design.

24. The Batman The Dark Knight

I think it's adequate, which is par for the course with most live action Batsuits. None of them are particularly great, IMO.

25. KaijuDude1992 Registered

The suit definitely grew on me more after we saw that first trailer from DC Fandome. I just love how it looks like something that came straight out of a gritty, dark Batman graphic novel.

Those shots of it in the rain where its soaking wet look especially great IMO.