The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Batman' started by flickchick85, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Gothamsknight Registered

All the suits fit into their worlds in my mind. I still love the BB/TDK suits because they look like they belong in that world/aesthetic. Same for Keaton's in burtons world as well. I mean, you can't really imagine those suits anywhere else.

2. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

Yeah, makes me wonder exactly how grounded they'll remain? Like will we even see a Warehouse type scene with Batman?

Is he super skilled still or will they tone it down similar to Netflix Daredevil where he's good but can still struggle and needs to breath.

3. cryptic name No Limits

Hopefully super skilled but also a human being who is capable of being hurt and overwhelmed in fights with multiple opponents.
    I have no doubt Pattinson’s Batman will have at least one big fight showcase but I’m hoping the stakes feel real and it’s more like Daredevil and even Old Boy than the warehouse scene.

4. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

5. SwordOfMorning Returning some video tapes.

Hopefully the latter. Batman should obviously be a devastatingly good combatant but the more you emphasize his humanity and limits the more dramatic the fight scene.

6. KaijuDude1992 Registered

I really doubt we will see anything as over the top as Batfleck's Warehouse beatdown with Pattinson's Batman, but he's definitly going to be a brutal brawler type just going by the little we saw of him in the trailer when he wrecks the one thug. I just can't wait to see what he looks like throwing kicks aswell as punches when he's in that suit and hopefully the fight choreography is very dynamic.

Schlosser85 and ernesth100 like this.
  7. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

The fact that the beat down is all in one shot makes my little heart a flutter.

8. shauner111 Registered

No shaky handheld either. What a dream.

9. Art Vandelay Registered

That was such a lame, lazy counterargument, how did nobody check you on it yet?

Bruce Wayne and WatchProtect like this.
  10. shauner111 Registered

Yeah gotta agree. I love the suit but that argument is lame. “Make a better movie then!”

11. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

You can kinda see it'll be more effort from him. Not only did they decide to keep this Batman on the slimmer side. Which contrasts with the more average built Batmen we usually see.

But if we pay attention to that short clip of him fighting you can see. After beating down only one person. He's breathing heavily and even catches his breath before the I'm Vengeance line. Plus it took him a few hits to actually get the guy down.

Unless we're assuming he just went for the overkill on the one goon to add fear factor. But that'd be a waste of energy. It's more likely he has to realistically exert more to knock a full grown man out. At least that's my head canon for now.

12. FunkMiller Failed Experiment

Very grounded, with any luck. I want to see a Batman that suffers physically and is visibly seen to be making the effort that would actually be required in close quarter combat. Nolan went down this road a little, but even he didn’t go all in. Make him vicious, skilled and ruthless, but also someone who can be hurt. That’s what makes a fight scene good for me. The visceral reality of it. I get left cold when superheroes are jumping around the screen, performing impossible acts without getting gassed out or hurt.

Batman works best when we can see his humanity. The main draw of the character that differentiates him from many of his contemporaries is that he is ‘just’ a human being. That should be shown in any live action adaptation. There more emotion and empathy when we can potentially put ourselves in his shoes.

13. Bruce Wayne Tear one off and scratch my head.

I was going to, but as is usually the case, I decided I didn't have the energy for the long-term interaction it might inspire.

14. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

So, silly question time: what do you want the Batsuit to look like? Not what you don't want, what you *do* want. Some kind of supertech costume gleaming in superscience gadgets and material? A stripped down spandex ninja suit? Another iteration of the rubber body suit?

ernesth100 likes this.
  15. Mindreaper21 It's Harvest Time

He claimed Bruce Wayne was one of the “richest and smartest people in the world” as if as if the suit was cheap. So, if the suit was really that cheap, I suggested that he makes one and prove that the suit isn’t as cheap as he thinks. Excuse me for thinking outside the box, but I really don’t care.

metaphysician and Schlosser85 like this.
  16. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

Id honestly prefer something along the lines of Affleck's BvS suit. A nice mixture of armor and cloth. I felt like that suit got it perfect. Too much armor looks a bit stiff as a batsuit Nolans looked well but tbe amount of padding makes it look rubbery.

Too much cloth and we get a suit thats more halloween costume than batsuit. I do like this interpretation as its none of the above. More of a new thing. I can honestly say I dont think Ive seen Batman in a suit like this before.

17. Art Vandelay Registered

Come on, that's ridiculous.

18. emielaen Registered

That's hilarious lol

19. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

20. COCOS Registered

what's so over the top about the warehouse Sequence exactly ? he fight with the same brutality as pattinson who's ironically is Just in his Second Year,
    Im sure reeves had a scene that's gonna explain to Us where he learn to fight like this, probably not a Batman begins situation with Ras AL ghul ,but im curious how he gonna Handle this.

WatchProtect likes this.
  21. Eddie Dean Jokerfied

It does not follow the rules of physics.

KaijuDude1992 and shauner111 like this.
  22. Mindreaper21 It's Harvest Time

0608F234-E3C9-4273-AF6B-6C9C7E0D8FA8.gif

23. SwordOfMorning Returning some video tapes.

The insane, cartoonish nature of the warehouse scene is why it's cool. It's ludicrous and impossible and like something out of a video game. That's either its charm or its downfall depending on your taste, but it is undeniably over the top.

I actually think the best moments of that scene are when the goons get the drop on Batman. Those are some really well done moments that emphasize his humanity in a scene that otherwise paints him as an absolute God Monster.

24. cryptic name No Limits

25. emielaen Registered