The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he explicitly mention a trilogy in that interview?
He reluctantly says “yes”, before clarifying he has a vision he’s excited about. She pushes again about 3 unique stories and he does try to evade, but never disputes it. The last 5m is all the Batman talk.

Where is this Earth Two business coming from? Is this designation something made up by the media, or is this actually Reeves' adaptation of Golden Age Batman?

Walter Hamada said it at DCFandome. It’s just their way of saying it won’t be connected to anything else.

"you touch on all of these iterations of the beginnings of these characters so that the whole movie is like, it’s like a snowball rolling. You can just feel the momentum building and building—and that’s the intent"

I was thinking about this quote right here from Reeves about the snowball rolling creating that momentum through out the film. Batman probably up to the start of this movie has only came across low level street crimes, Falcone crime family, Cobblepot, Maroni crime family. Then all sudden he is going to be dealing with crazy people like The Riddler and Mad Hatter :funny:

tenor.gif

My stance is, If other directors can ignore what WB says then so can Reeves

if Reeves wants to come out and say it takes place on 'Earth Batman' then that's what I'm going with

That’s just a lame way of explaining something that didn’t need to be explained, namely that this is an unconnected stand-alone. Which shouldn’t be that hard to just say, but apparently is.

Well its good when they directly say where this takes place etc...but maybe having a main universe to begin with would be neat.

I also found this statement they made pointless. WB is a mess when it comes to DC. Not a good look.

It's a little bit like putting lipstick on a pig. I don't really care how they explain that this is separate from the cluster funk so long as it is.

Lol doesn’t seem like a big deal at all. They only clarified what they said months ago.

@shauner111

I know, I have next to zero interest in any other superhero movies or universes at all (it'll be fun to see Keaton in The Flash though). I just want good Batman movies that explore the mythos with great acting. I don't understand how anyone can watch the Snyder Cut (which I did enjoy for what it is, don't get me wrong) and think that the quality of acting is anywhere close to the Nolan trilogy or the calibre of The Batman cast.

I like how the news that everything else being DCEU shows that Reeves strong armed WB into leaving him alone. It'll pay off. I'm sure that was part of him walking in negotiations years ago. I was a bit disappointed about no Affleck *years* ago but I'm so over it, especially after learning that his movie was literally just Deathstroke killing everybody. no thanks. Pattinson is beyond incredible and this movie is going to be blast. I'm starving for news. lol

Been thinking about rewatching There Will Be Blood - maybe that'll fuel the quench for Paul Dano.

I’m back cuz I miss you fools. It’s only been a week or so and I’m sick of this VERSE hashtag nonsense. I want shared universes to die. I’m a meanie I know. But I don’t give a ****. Bury it.

Pattinson gonna show folks how to actually act.

They're mad as bad place WB is moving on. :funny: With all of the casting news, TSS trailer, Godzilla vs Kong killing it at the box office. WB open the floodgate a week after the Cut was release.

I was gonna watch Prisoners for the Dano fix haha. He’s so perfect for Riddler it’s like a dream come true.

Not trying to turn this thread into something else (it’s related to Battinson) but...after a second viewing of ZSJL, I basically watched a couple of chapters just the other night. And I’m now in agreement with @BatLobster when it comes to the end. The Knightmare scene should have been deleted. All October 2020 “reshoots” should have been deleted. And it shows Ben not caring as much, and Snyder going for the extra edginess + fan service at the end. I think Ben was solid as bad place as older Bruce Wayne and he truly does come into his own as the Batman I wanted from him in 2014. But he’s nowhere near the skill set of Robert Pattinson. It’s also a boring depiction of Batman and I’m so hyped for ‘no aliens, no guns blazing’. I am DONE.

It’s over. There won’t be new movies in that universe. It will never happen. I am convinced of it more than ever and it’s not just my biased attitude. Yes I want it to be over but look at WB’s confidence in The Batman over the past week. Most of the big name actors in ZSJL didn’t promote it when it dropped. The Trinity specifically. They don’t care about it. Even if they liked it, they don’t seem to actually care. It was a job, nothing more or less. That’s the vibe I get. Even Momoa would rather promote a pair of boots than post anything about that movie.

Once DC Fandome comes through, most ppl will forget the Snyderverse hashtags and it will just be a vocal minority in the background pestering folks on twitter. The next Batman trailer is going to be huge because there won’t be two Batman trailers existing at once, with two movies on the horizon. Keaton isn’t even sure he wants to do the Flash, so it’s probably a small role as old Bruce. Affleck probably dies. And even the Snyderverse peeps want to boycott the movie. I don’t see it working out well. All focus will be on The Batman and Gotham P.D.

I heard another Catwoman/Zoe show rumour. So get hyped fellow nutcases. We winning. “But it’s not a competition man! We can have both!” nahhhh no more Mister Nice Guy lol. We WINNING. It’s donezo. There is one Batman movie coming out in theaters only. It will be a trilogy with multiple spin offs. With a more invested cast.

@marsh I think the original press release that broke the news of Pattinson (deadline?) included a line that said the plan was a trilogy from the start. There's also no way you don't make sequels to a Batman movie with a big name young lead actor anyways, it's their cash cow.

@shauner111 I'd be so down for a Catwoman show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"