The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Directors can learn from they're mistakes. It's clear Snyder didn't exactly know what tone he wanted to maintain going forward. But he tried his best to make a engaging plot and interesting story with characters that okay, no aren't the best versions in history.

But are FAAAAAAAAAAR FROM the worst. And again, to Snyder's credit, any mistakes made or changes clearly weren't his vision. People liked Man of Steel, people liked Batman v Superman, but the MCU status quo has made any dialogue unsimilar almost belittled.

I see the same happening with WV when it first came out. People were like "this is super boring" but once the MCU antics kicked it was hype time.

What I'm trying to say and MORE TO THE POINT is Snyder's vision was different and you have to admit fantastic. Superman was Superman, Batman was Batman, all the characters were more or less themselves in a coherent universe.

I’m kinda lost with those pics. What’s the context and what am I looking at lol

Zack’s movies didn’t work for a large audience in 2013 or 2016. What makes ppl think his JL would have worked in 2017? It certainly wouldn’t work in theaters if it dropped today. I may like MOS, I may have grown to like chunks of BvS for what it is, and I may really enjoy ZSJL but if WB wanted to create a successful shared universe then Zack shouldn’t have been hired to do that job.

You know what they should have done? Waited. Let Zack make the Superman movie, then hand over the sequel to somebody else. Meanwhile you assign a woman to make 2 or 3 Wonder Woman movies (I like Gal but you can’t tell me she’s the ONLY middle eastern actress who can play Diana). Reeves then makes Batman movies with Pattinson. Now you have an excuse to bring a trinity together. All 3 in their mid to late 30’s for a team-up. That’s the way to go.

Abrams and Reeves are a pair with potential if you want a World’s Finest but let’s leave the Trinity and Justice League stuff out of it.
So agree with this. I never understood the notion of starting a brand new comicbook cinematic universe, and having one of the flagship characters portrayed in the twilight of his career. Seemed so remiss to just fast forward past all the great moments from Batman’s illustrious career just to have him engage in a senseless slugfest with Superman. That’s why I’m so excited with the Reeves verse. I want to see all the villains, hopefully a sidekick or two, and all the other relationships unfold before my eyes...

Directors can learn from they're mistakes. It's clear Snyder didn't exactly know what tone he wanted to maintain going forward. But he tried his best to make a engaging plot and interesting story with characters that okay, no aren't the best versions in history.

But are FAAAAAAAAAAR FROM the worst. And again, to Snyder's credit, any mistakes made or changes clearly weren't his vision. People liked Man of Steel, people liked Batman v Superman, but the MCU status quo has made any dialogue unsimilar almost belittled.

I see the same happening with WV when it first came out. People were like "this is super boring" but once the MCU antics kicked it was hype time.

What I'm trying to say and MORE TO THE POINT is Snyder's vision was different and you have to admit fantastic. Superman was Superman, Batman was Batman, all the characters were more or less themselves in a coherent universe.
I’m not a huge Superman fan, but I’m a lifelong Batman fan. No Batman comics I’ve read over the past five decades ever showed Batman challenging opponents to death brawls, or murdering and torturing bad guys, so I have to respectfully disagree with you there.

I’m not a huge Superman fan, but I’m a lifelong Batman fan. No Batman comics I’ve read over the past five decades ever showed Batman challenging opponents to death brawls, or murdering and torturing bad guys, so I have to respectfully disagree with you there.

And I have to disagree right back. We've had several more serious interpretations of Superman and Batman alike. Batman especially has killed in many incarnations.

It's really not hard to think of the DCEU as just another universe an not a direct adaption of every detail in the comics. Same as the MCU. But I digress this is beyond the topic at this point and I hate to derail threads. Tag me in the proper thread if youd like to further discuss the outlook of Snyders universe.

So any one got an idea of when we'll get another trailer? Probably not this year. I feel like this is the furthest I've ever seen a trailer drop from a film save perhaps Black Widow.

I can’t wait until we get new stuff and don’t have to talk about Snyder ever again
I’m guilty as anyone because I found the behind the scenes drama of JL so interesting (so much drama over a bland, dull slog of a movie) but the day we have new The Batman footage to talk about instead will be so very sweet.

ba913db90b1a2a4c3a2ee62fa10426ff--batman-robin-easter-gift.jpg

So any one got an idea of when we'll get another trailer? Probably not this year. I feel like this is the furthest I've ever seen a trailer drop from a film save perhaps Black Widow.

It’d certainly come this year. They won’t wait til 2022 for the first official trailer. We only have the teaser so far.

I’d guess at Fandome 2, presuming it’s a go, and if August is the move, it’d put them 9 months out from release.

August sounds about right to me honestly, especially since The Suicide Squad is releasing around that time and I'm sure they want to promote it with another one of their comic-book/superhero tentpole films.

The latest I could see it coming is with Dune in October, but there's no way they are going to wait all the way until next year to start marketing it when its supposed to be coming out in March.

Sad times. So people are so brainwashed by -verses, they had to explain it's set in a different astral plane?

As long as it has nothing to do with remains of DCFU, I don't care what Earth it's on.

It’s funny how much I obsess over Batman when I fundamentally disagree with his decisions as a character. The justice system clearly does not work in the US and vigilante justice is clearly the answer for a city like Gotham. If I were Batman, I would have killed Joker ten times over. Same with Mad Hatter. I relate so much more with Red Hood or Joker. Batman’s code is so interesting but not necessarily morally correct. I would like to see Batman explored as an imperfect man and I really look forward to Reeves’ flawed portrayal.

The theatrical release of BVS is still a horrible movie, easily earning an F from me. Meanwhile, the ultimate edition comfortably earns 9.5/10 from me. I’d like to see the audience reaction to that film because it is completely different. Zack Snyder got screwed twice. Who knows how things would have turned out if the UE and ZSJL would have made it to theaters.

Last edited:
The only real life comparisons to characters like Joker are the likes of John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer or Charles Manson. Given the chance, many of us would have ended those monsters ourselves. I like the idea of exploring Batman’s no-kill rule from a critical perspective. Jason was a son to Bruce and Joker killed him. I guarantee you, 9/10 of us would kill Joker ourselves if something like that happened to any of us. TDK and ASHOSE tapped into this but we can dive deeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"