The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're still talking about Snyder?

C3Jk1rF.gif

I feel like clarifying. I am Rorschach2012. I know I have been a *****e to many of you in the past, but it’s just a result of my passion for this character and universe, and maybe I just thought your idea was dumb. I love you all even when I disagree with you. I had a temporary ban and decided to start fresh with a new username. I still love Frank Miller’s Batman over all others. Oh and check out my music http://www.SoundCloud.com/nickystrange a lot of my music is inspired by horror, John Carpenter, Kurt Cobain, and Batman

I’m 26 and I have been on SHH since 2005 when I was 11.. go listen to my music and tell me how much it sucks.

My two biggest pop cultural interests have always been Nirvana and Batman, it’s cool to see the intersection of these interests with The Batman

also, guys I made my first custom action figures this week, I repainted a couple of Robin figures from the 90s with more comic accurate paint jobs. Let me know if you wanna see before and after pics

Welcome back, buddy. Your posts make a lot more sense now!
Thanks Eddie. You’ve been a staple of my online life for 15 years. I not so humbly think I am the best casting director on this website behind yourself. This place wouldn’t be the same without your touch.

And for the record, he made this new account AFTER his temp-ban was over. That's why it's ok. It's very important to me that y'all know making a new account is not a way around a temp-ban, lol. If you do, we will perma-ban the original/main account, put the new one back on a temp ban, and if you attempt it again, you're gone for good.

And for the record, he made this new account AFTER his temp-ban was over. That's why it's ok. It's very important to me that y'all know making a new account is not a way around a temp-ban, lol. If you do, we will perma-ban the original/main account, put the new one back on a temp ban, and if you attempt it again, you're gone for good.
Thanks for the clarification. I hope I have your blessing moving forward. I’m trying to be less judgmental and rude. I just have strooooong opinions on DC characters. They mean a lot to me and essentially function as gods for me,

Thanks for the clarification. I hope I have your blessing moving forward. I’m trying to be less judgmental and rude. I just have strooooong opinions on DC characters. They mean a lot to me and essentially function as gods for me,
Of course. We've got no problem with people changing accounts as long as it's not an attempt to troll or skirt disciplinary action. We've had a User Note on your account that you were Rorschach since the day you made this account, but you've been well-behaved so it's been a non-issue. It's not a completely "clean slate" or anything, as your record as Rorschach will still be with you, but just keep up what you've been doing and we're good. :)

Of course. We've got no problem with people changing accounts as long as it's not an attempt to troll or skirt disciplinary action. We've had a User Note on your account that you were Rorschach since the day you made this account, but you've been well-behaved so it's been a non-issue. It's not a completely "clean slate" or anything, as your record as Rorschach will still be with you, but just keep up what you've been doing and we're good. :)
Y’all are family. Im very neuro atypical. I’m the back sheep of this family and my real life one too. You guys mean a lot to me. Thank you all for accepting me.

Brozef, I’m curious as to why you think BvS’ theatrical was a F but UC was a 9.5/10. It’s obviously better but it’s almost the same movie. The only difference is the order of some scenes which helps the pacing and a couple of things add up now. But it’s the same characters, motivations, score, fights, dialogue, performances. Same tone. Same ending. It’s just an adjusted version of the same movie.

I still think we’re getting a 30 second teaser this spring before the August Fandome trailer. At least a new photo as well.

Also, one of the funniest things I’ve read on here was on the last page “you have to admit it’s fantastic!”

BVS UE is just the same bad movie without random vital plot points removed. It still sucks and would have been roundly rejected but it might not have been quite the punchline BVS became simply because it isn't complete narrative nonsense like the theatrical cut.

Also, welcome back to the artist formerly known as Rorschach!

The F vs 9.5/10 comment made no sense to me, but since learing of Lazarus Pit's true identity, it makes total sense to me.

Brozef, I’m curious as to why you think BvS’ theatrical was a F but UC was a 9.5/10. It’s obviously better but it’s almost the same movie. The only difference is the order of some scenes which helps the pacing and a couple of things add up now. But it’s the same characters, motivations, score, fights, dialogue, performances. Same tone. Same ending. It’s just an adjusted version of the same movie.

I still think we’re getting a 30 second teaser this spring before the August Fandome trailer. At least a new photo as well.

Also, one of the funniest things I’ve read on here was on the last page “you have to admit it’s fantastic!”

my main issue with the TC was the editing. Scenes jumped around with no internal logic and that’s what bothered me the most. I comfortably rank BVS UE and ZSJL up there with any of Nolan’s Batman movies. I honest to god think they possess the same level of depth. Nolan and Snyder are artists that are able to convey powerful messages through big budget studio films. ZSJL, TDK, Batman ‘89, STM, and Joker all occupy that same precipice IMO.

The F vs 9.5/10 comment made no sense to me, but since learing of Lazarus Pit's true identity, it makes total sense to me.
I reread All Star Batman and Robin this weekend and fell in love all over again. I genuinely don’t want to be a contrarian, my preferences for this universe are very firmly my own. I find a lot of Batman comics these days to be very bland. Scott Snyder is great but the Tom King stuff is trash.

I think you and me are the only two totally unironic, without reservation fans of All Star and Strikes Again. That All Star was never finished is the great shame of modern comics.

I also read Miller’s Year One script this week, which you should definitely check out if you haven’t. I honestly didn’t think it was that out there, at least for Miller. I can see a lot of influences from it in the feel and design of The Batman!

my main issue with the TC was the editing. Scenes jumped around with no internal logic and that’s what bothered me the most. I comfortably rank BVS UE and ZSJL up there with any of Nolan’s Batman movies. I honest to god think they possess the same level of depth. Nolan and Snyder are artists that are able to convey powerful messages through big budget studio films. ZSJL, TDK, Batman ‘89, STM, and Joker all occupy that same precipice IMO.
I agree about the editing. But I guess I don’t understand how editing can make that movie go from being a pile of trash to a near perfect movie.

Personally I haven’t seen a CBM that I didn’t have issues with. The hope is that I come across a movie that has some faults but i end up enjoying those bad moments too at some point. I think that’s how i view Nolan’s trilogy. Snyder’s aren’t there for me, as I can’t get passed certain moments in all 3. But I’d rank them in the 6 out of 10 zone. JL is probably hovering in the 7 to 8 on 10 right now (which is currently where I rank the Burton Bats).

God I hope The Batman blows all of them out of the water. Cuz even Logan and Joker are around 8 on 10 for me. The cream of the crop I guess are Spider-Man 2, probably TDK. Which i’d rank at 9.

I reread All Star Batman and Robin this weekend and fell in love all over again. I genuinely don’t want to be a contrarian, my preferences for this universe are very firmly my own. I find a lot of Batman comics these days to be very bland. Scott Snyder is great but the Tom King stuff is trash.
I always appreciate opinions that are different even if I dont agree with them. For me, All Star Batman & Robin was so bad but the art was incredible (obviously) haha. But the fact that you like it is interesting and I think that's pretty cool.

My favourite thing about All-Star Batman & Robin is the contrast between the mad, semi-satirical ravings of Frank Miller's scripts and Jim Lee's pristine, traditional to the point of boring artwork. It's such a weird combo.

That’s just a lame way of explaining something that didn’t need to be explained, namely that this is an unconnected stand-alone. Which shouldn’t be that hard to just say, but apparently is.

Indeed. Way too many people seem to assume the only options for a superhero movie are "Alone on a planet in which literally nothing else weird exists except the stuff immediately shown in this particular movie", or "Obvious setup for an immediate crossover movie where everything exists purely as franchise maintenance". The idea that you could have a larger, broader world, with tons of weirdness in it, and yet have a movie that is just about its own story? Is apparently too hard to process. Which is weird, because that is how *the real world* works: every movie set in 'the real world' exists on a planet in which countless stories of widely varying 'genres' are happening at the same time as your rom-com or detective story.

Oh my dear lord do I... completely agree with you...? What is happening!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"