The Batman General News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's nothing stupid with fans wanting to see a film they were promised to see way back before WB mess everythin up, that studio is a joke overall....the more L the take, the better it is.

Ahh... there's that entitlement.

There's only one thing you can be promised in life and a 'Bat-Fleck' movie is not it.

@COCOS There's nothing wrong with Joe advocating for a Deathstroke return. He's passionate about it and that's cool, he likes the character. I just think there are a lot of fans who think they're OWED an Affleck Batman return as if he was unjustly kicked out, when he left by his own choice. Fans aren't owed anything. That's when I lose sympathy for fans that twist what happened to fit their own narrative. Fans can like and be excited for whatever they want, but a lot of people are tired of the endless campaigning, and I'm one of those people

Last edited:
if u tired of that endless campaigning, u can still ignore it, that's the main problem , i really dont see where's the problem here, did some fans threatened affleck to end his life if he doesnt put that cowl again ? or did that change anything whatsoever for U in general to see that trend ?

Who cares, its WB problem to deal with,

u act salty for no reason against a Actor who just hyped to portray a beloved character from the DC World, and want a chance to prove himself , what's up with that, we are all batman fans here, u act like u truly belong in that Toxic Side , im excited for anythin batman related and last time i checked a batman deathstroke confrontation is a classic for alot of batman fans not just Snyder ones
anyway can we talk about matt reeves Batman, even if they are nothin to talk about , like cmon already,
I said he’s a nice guy. I still don’t care for him as an actor and don’t want to see him play Deathstroke. It should have been Brad Pitt or Stephen Lang.

Ppl see a video game fight and get an instant erection.

Ahh... there's that entitlement.

There's only one thing you can be promised in life and a 'Bat-Fleck' movie is not it.
A batman Movie was supposed to drop directed by Ben affleck, but sure a "batfleck movie was never promised" we must have invented It somehow

Agreed. I think the guys who have played Deathstroke on the Arrow and Titans shows had more menacing presence in their initial reveal scenes than Joe showed us, Have you seen those shows Shauner?
Nope, those shows aren’t my cup of tea but I’m not surprised that they’d have more presence and intimidation than what Joe brought in those two scenes. Even the tough guy voice under the mask was laughable.

COCOS said:
A batman Movie was supposed to drop directed by Ben affleck, but sure a "batfleck movie was never promised" we must have invented It somehow
Still not "promised" to us. Movies are back-burnered or outright cancelled all the time. It's the nature of the business and fans gotta suck it up sometimes. Such is life.

In any case, Affleck's moved on and we are spending way too much time discussing a dead project.

Onto Battinson.

Announced doesn’t mean you were promised that you’d get it no matter what. You know how many movies get canceled and petitions aren’t signed and ppl don’t whine for years. But you guys do because you feel like you were promised something. It didn’t start filming. The script was never finished. So quit it.

if u tired of that endless campaigning, u can still ignore it, that's the main problem , i really dont see where's the problem here, did some fans threatened affleck to end his life if he doesnt put that cowl again ? or did that change anything whatsoever for U in general to see that trend ?

Who cares, its WB problem to deal with,

If only they weren't acting like they will reject and boycott any version that is not Batfleck. That's the stuff that's tiring.

It’s harming my eyeballs and my timeline. Joe Manganiello is a block of wood that shouldn’t lead or co lead a movie at any point in life. Nice guy but no thanks. It’s a fan favourite for Snyder fans, that’s about it. They like the punchy punchies and the flexy flexies.
Frank Grillo would be a better choice for Deathstroke IMO.

there's nothing stupid with fans wanting to see a film they were promised to see way back before WB mess everythin up, that studio is a joke overall....the more L the take, the better it is.
"Promised"? REALLY? Studios NEVER promise ****. Movies get canceled, delayed, put on a shelf for years, or changed around all the ****ing time. Doesn't mean they broke any "promises". This is what I'm complaining about. Studios don't owe you JACK ****. You don't see me whining on Twitter that Disney canceled a third Tron movie back in 2015. It sucks, yes, but again IT HAPPENS! Grow up and move the hell on!

Also, you type like a ****ing twelve year old that knows nothing about grammar.

Last edited:
Getting a little heated in here, fam.
It's warranted because that's how incessant this and the SnyderVerse crap has become over the past month. I'm sick to death of this bratty entitled behavior. Let Warner and DC move on. There's nothing wrong with that. They shouldn't be beholden to whiny fools on social media just because they scream a hashtag at the studios or petition them constantly to try and force them to make what they want. It didn't work with their bigoted demands for a Last Jedi remake back in late 2017 and it won't work here. The world does not revolve around anyone. Get over yourselves.

Last edited:
My popcorn has been hot for 20 minutes.
Well, then enjoy the popcorn. Cause I know I'm not the only one fed up with this behavior. And it's not just DC this has happened with recently, too. The Star Wars sequels, Game of Thrones's last season, the finale of How I Met Your Mother, it's all the same horrible, bratty, entitled behavior that the people working on those projects have to endure. All because when a group of people online don't get their way, they then wail and scream and gnash their teeth over it while harassing and sending death threats to those involved and start bull**** "campaigns" to get what they want. It's been going on for at least the last 6-7 years now and I'm sick and tired of it.

Last edited:
Agreed. Simmer down, Children.

To add, stop giving these people credence. They're a loud minority online. It's become low hanging fruit to talk about toxic fandom in accordance to any film criticism than talking about films themselves. It has in and of itself become toxic.

If you all can't behave I'm reinstating the Snyder talk ban.

To add, stop giving these people credence. They're a loud minority online. It's become low hanging fruit to talk about toxic fandom in accordance to any film criticism than talking about films themselves. It has in and of itself become toxic.

If you all can't behave I'm reinstating the Snyder talk ban.
Then why does Twitter keep giving them attention thought their stupid "What's happening" sidebar? Seriously, I'd like nothing more than to hide that f-ing thing so I don't have to hear any of this crap.

“If you all can’t behave”...”simmer down children”. I really think these Hype mods want us to act like children by banning words that all teenagers and adults use in regular conversation (99 percent of us are adults too)....and then you scold and talk down to us for acting “like children” because we’re having a disagreement? When there is no news to even talk about right now in April.

If you don’t want us to misbehave like children, maybe you should enforce some big boy rules in the first place that will ACTUALLY make us feel like we’re grown ass men and women.
giphy.gif

You have been told multiple times that the language rules here are the requirement of the site's owner and beyond the jurisdiction of the moderators, so your little tirade doesn't make much sense.

My post to "simmer down, children" was obviously a light-hearted and friendly reminder to everyone to cool down a debate that was starting to overheat. Your response disrespecting the mod staff was not appropriate.

You have been unnecessarily argumentative and confrontational around here and it has not gone un-noticed. Consequently, you need some time to cool off and re-think how you interact with others.
200_d.gif

Literally missed the last page of the mods warning. Deleted my post haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija